[Q] Anyone else angry about the M9 already on it's way?

Search This thread

donkeypunch1257

Aug 30, 2012
Charlotte
I, for one, am pissed. I just got into another 2 year deal to get this phone and they are talking about it's replacement already. They should have made it known, so people could decide themselves if they want to wait.

donkeypunch1257

Aug 30, 2012
Charlotte
I'm not sure where you've been but in today's smartphone market, flagship devices are lucky to last 4-6 months before they are dated. The 2 year plan is not feasible for keeping the latest smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Transparency is all I'm asking. If the phone is coming out in 2-3 months, then they already are past the planning stage and may already be in the manufacturing stage. Either way, I think it would be decent of them to layout the long term. Don't know where you are but in America these phones are expensive and tied to expensive carriers, So I would like to know all my options if the ,manufacturer already knows they're putting them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: carfreak715

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
If that's true I'm not really mad. The way I see it is that with such a short time between releases the M9 will be only a slight improvement at most.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jova33

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
I don't think they need to disclose anything... There will always be a newer phone around the corner.

You know that without them announcing anything... And if you are on a 2 year contract, what is the difference if a new one comes out 6 months later, or a year later. Changes nothing.

And if you are going to play the waiting game for the next 'big thing' you'll always be waiting, as there is always a next big thing coming...

dadams312

Aug 10, 2010
If you wait for the M9 you might as well wait for the M10. You'll only have the latest and greatest for a month or two with all the flagship phones available.

Reactions: deeznuts

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I believe I'm in the Verizon forum and if so they have the Next program. If u got it when this phone came out they had a special which basically every month what Next costs you is credited back to you so you have the Next program free! New phone can come out tomorrow for all I care and I can trade my phone in for it with $0 out of pocket. A beautiful thing for the OCD people that want the latest and greatest ;). Those not interested there is the standard 2yr contract plan for phones. Easy two choices so choose wisely ;). Don't blame the cellphone company for your choices on how u will upgrade. They have to keep up with the times to stay in business, the user doesn't have to, it's a choice.

Reactions: shiznu

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I believe I'm in the Verizon forum and if so they have the Next program. If u got it when this phone came out they had a special which basically every month what Next costs you is credited back to you so you have the Next program free! New phone can come out tomorrow for all I care and I can trade my phone in for it with $0 out of pocket. A beautiful thing for the OCD people that want the latest and greatest ;). Those not interested there is the standard 2yr contract plan for phones. Easy two choices so choose wisely ;). Don't blame the cellphone company for your choices on how u will upgrade. They have to keep up with the times to stay in business, the user doesn't have to, it's a choice.

Buy a phone on contract, root it (if possible) keep it in mint condition. If one day it becomes un rootable sell it as mint rooted and dance in the profit. Buy new phone off contract. Rinse. Repeat.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Buy a phone on contract, root it (if possible) keep it in mint condition. If one day it becomes un rootable sell it as mint rooted and dance in the profit. Buy new phone off contract. Rinse. Repeat.

True but unless u find a real dummy ur never gonna get back what u paid. Still going to pay at least $100 out of pocket after selling 8-14 month old device. How much does an HTC One X+ go for today compare to when it came out? Example

I'd rather pay $0 out of pocket and upgrade when I want to and still pay only $160/month for two lines with 10gb of shared data. Just need to turn s on, unroot, fix tampered banner, flash stock Rom and return device. No one knows the better ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: shiznu

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
True but unless u find a real dummy ur never gonna get back what u paid. Still going to pay at least $100 out of pocket after selling 8-14 month old device. How much does an HTC One X+ go for today compare to when it came out? Example

I'd rather pay $0 out of pocket and upgrade when I want to and still pay only $160/month for two lines with 10gb of shared data. Just need to turn s on, unroot, fix tampered banner, flash stock Rom and return device. No one knows the better ;).

True true. The example I use for my case though would have to be the note 2. Once that got locked up on an OTA it started selling like hot cakes. 100-150$ for a new phone is perfectly acceptable for me though. I am losing some money but the enjoyment from the phone is worth it :good:

Reactions: deeznuts

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5

+1
I did this to get the DNA, SG3, SG4, M7, bought M8 on contract, still have mint M7 and mint M8 and those will be sold to fund next flagship device of my choosing to buy off contract until I have my contract ready, or a new phone is out.

Personally, for me. I think I might deviate away from the HTC One series devices unless they make some serious design changes which I do not see. I don't truly have a need for the boomsound speakers and would give those up for a regular phone speaker and a smaller phone overall. (Just imagine the M8 without the top and bottom speakers, jeez, or even without the wasted htc logo bar) - sorry for off topic.

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Dude, this is HTC WAY OF OPERATING. more than the others. I know, I was a huge HTC fanboy. I bought the Sensation, then 3 months in they announce Amaze...bought the One X only to hear DNA. I THINK THEY DEVELOP TWO at a time. I left for LG with the Nexus 4 then the G2, but get this, while waiting for the G3 I bought the M8 cause I couldn't wait any longer.

I'm big enough to say NO MATTER WHAT A COMPANY DOES WITH RELEASES I'M GONNA *****....I have a problem

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
I don't get it man. There are talks about the m9 but that doesn't mean that it's going to be released soon. The earliest would be around January. Talks are just talks and they're more than likely leaks.

electric turd

Dec 5, 2012
Does the M9 you speak of make your current phone any less usable? I dont understand this way of thinking. You could wait for this new phone but then again you might as well just keep waiting from now on because there's always something better down the line. Enjoy what you have.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Samsung, HTC, and Apple all release one phone a year in its line (ex Galaxy S). So the M9 in Q1 of 2015 is right on schedule. You're mad about that? I bet the iPhone 7 will be out summer 2015... Doesn't mean people won't buy the 6 this summer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
the only thing i am angry about is the stupid black htc bar what a waste of real estate. I do witsh his thing had a 5.3 inch screen. then it would be perfect. its super fast no lag and it looks cool. o ya and it has s-off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure where you've been but in today's smartphone market, flagship devices are lucky to last 4-6 months before they are dated. The 2 year plan is not feasible for keeping the latest smartphone.

The only thing I have read about an "M9" is that they are cancelling the M8 Prime to focus on the M9 which will be released in Q1 2015......... right on schedule.

So enjoy your M8......... I know i am.
    I don't think they need to disclose anything... There will always be a newer phone around the corner.

You know that without them announcing anything... And if you are on a 2 year contract, what is the difference if a new one comes out 6 months later, or a year later. Changes nothing.

And if you are going to play the waiting game for the next 'big thing' you'll always be waiting, as there is always a next big thing coming...

Transparency is all I'm asking. If the phone is coming out in 2-3 months, then they already are past the planning stage and may already be in the manufacturing stage. Either way, I think it would be decent of them to layout the long term. Don't know where you are but in America these phones are expensive and tied to expensive carriers, So I would like to know all my options if the ,manufacturer already knows they're putting them out.
    If that's true I'm not really mad. The way I see it is that with such a short time between releases the M9 will be only a slight improvement at most.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app