[PROBLEM] Wirelles 5ghz AC drops

Search This thread

msbearbr

Jul 20, 2009
Hello!

I upgraded my wirelles N home router to a TPlink Archer C7 AC to watch 1080p over my wirelles LAN.

My P601 connect and navegate on the internet @5ghz AC but if i tried to transfer a large file or watch a streaming video, the connection drops or freeze all the time and just back when i reboot note 2014...

Already tried to upgrade the router for the last firmware and disable the wifi power saving in P601.

For now i can streaming videos in 2.4ghz band (not 1080p content) and using 5ghz band i can watch 1080p but using N old protocol...

So... the problem is... what is the problem with Note 2014 kikat 4.4 and the 5GHZ AC connections?? Its very frustading buy a expensive AC router and use only in N speeds...

THX

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
Hello!

I upgraded my wirelles N home router to a TPlink Archer C7 AC to watch 1080p over my wirelles LAN.

My P601 connect and navegate on the internet @5ghz AC but if i tried to transfer a large file or watch a streaming video, the connection drops or freeze all the time and just back when i reboot note 2014...

Already tried to upgrade the router for the last firmware and disable the wifi power saving in P601.

For now i can streaming videos in 2.4ghz band (not 1080p content) and using 5ghz band i can watch 1080p but using N old protocol...

So... the problem is... what is the problem with Note 2014 kikat 4.4 and the 5GHZ AC connections?? Its very frustading buy a expensive AC router and use only in N speeds...

THX

Try using WEP on 5Ghz AC and see if it helps.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Don't forget that 5GHz has a much shorter range than 2.4GHz; since the -AC standard has higher thruput it will also need more signal and what's probably happening is the OP has just enough signal to connect, but not stay connected, especially during periods of high thruput.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
My router is running 5 Ghz AC and note seems to just work
Same here (Asus AC-1750), but I can't go outside while on 5GHz as the signal is attenuated too much thru several walls.

(FWIW, I bought an Engenius EAP600 last week and it's been phenomenal- I can even get good 5GHz outside now, but the 2.4GHz N signal blows away all the 2.4GHz APs in my 'hood so I just stay on 2.4GHz now for the range.)