HTC one earplugs not working

Search This thread

Swatchi10

Jan 11, 2014
Hi!
When I bought my HTC One, there was earplugs included. They worked perfectly well for a while, then I tried to root my phone and failed, it still worked for a while, but then they stopped working. I figured it had to be the updates, so yesterday I rooted my phone successfully to 4,4 with a custom rom, but earplugs still not working.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
Hi!
When I bought my HTC One, there was earplugs included. They worked perfectly well for a while, then I tried to root my phone and failed, it still worked for a while, but then they stopped working. I figured it had to be the updates, so yesterday I rooted my phone successfully to 4,4 with a custom rom, but earplugs still not working.

Have anyone else experienced this?

do other earplugs still work? i highly doubt rooting your phone would break your headphone jack

Swatchi10

Jan 11, 2014
Yeah, other headsets and earplugs work with my phone, and the HTC earplugs work with other phones and computers

Swatchi10

Jan 11, 2014
Has the warranty expired since I rooted it, it won't help to send it in to HTC?

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
Yeah, other headsets and earplugs work with my phone, and the HTC earplugs work with other phones and computers

so other headsets/earbuds work with your phone, the HTC earbuds work with other phones.

But HTC earbuds dont work in your phone?

that seems extremely odd. can't really help you. Im pretty sure warranty is voided now that youre rooted. Why not just get another headset. the stock ones blow i used it for 1 call and gave them to a coworker haha

Swatchi10

Jan 11, 2014
I bought some, but someone stole them after the first week, and I don't want to spend another $100 on new ones

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I bought some, but someone stole them after the first week, and I don't want to spend another $100 on new ones

You don't have to spend $100. And if you want to return the phone just put it back to stock. No warranty issues. Most don't care if you give it to them on custom roms anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Swatchi10

Jan 11, 2014
Alright, I will try. In Norway, quality ear buds cost at least $100