Juggalo_x's enhanced notifications

Search This thread

JIGGY24

Sep 23, 2008
Very nice. about to install this now.

But is there a way to configure each led light by scroll wheel?

For example

top led flashes - missed call
left led falshes - voice mall
top and bottom led flashes for - text messeges
etc etc

would be cool to set it up that way as well. i think it will be use less battery then using the big flash light and vibrating.

Let me know if that can be implemented in the extend version :)

OneUtd

Sep 24, 2008
Hi all

I try to change any controls like -vibration, light, sound and so on. But all these settings don't stay but they change again to what they used to be before. Does anybody now why? Or can I change these settings directly in the Registry? What I am looking for is to modify the vibration on SmileySMS to "on" (I don't get vibration by now)

Thank you

dannychan26

Oct 29, 2008
Here is a Cab installer that enhances the notification options for:

Missed Call
Voice Mail
New SMS/Text Message
New Email Message
Reminders
RSS: HUB

The enhancements are as follows:

- Adds the ability to change the LED Flashing/Pulsing Duration for all of the above
- Adds the ability to display message on screen for all of the above
- Adds the ability to enable vibration notification for all of the above

The Reg edits are as follows:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications]
@=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
"AvailableOptions"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{15F1 1F90-8A5F-454c-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{695F 6B37-EE99-489b-982D-F9A46A944ED1}]

Now i know what you're all thinking "we love you Juggalo_X" and i say you're welcome lol

Just extract the Zip file and copy the cab installer to your device.

Sorry if this is a repost i searched first and all i found was unanswered questions regarding this.

Bro,

Mind to advise me on how I can get into the REG to edit the HKEYS. Sorry Newbie . Thanks.

Phatricko

Dec 19, 2008
hi i have one of the new blackjacks, i guess it's got a different version of windows mobile? i installed the .cab file and i see that it changed in the registry but the new options didn't show up anywhere. where in the registry would i change the timeout value for my led blinking when i get a new text message?

duncho

Oct 7, 2006
Bratislava
SMS delivery report

Here is a Cab installer that enhances the notification options for:

Missed Call
Voice Mail
New SMS/Text Message
New Email Message
Reminders
RSS: HUB

The enhancements are as follows:

- Adds the ability to change the LED Flashing/Pulsing Duration for all of the above
- Adds the ability to display message on screen for all of the above
- Adds the ability to enable vibration notification for all of the above

The Reg edits are as follows:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications]
@=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{15F1 1F90-8A5F-454c-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{695F 6B37-EE99-489b-982D-F9A46A944ED1}]

Now i know what you're all thinking "we love you Juggalo_X" and i say you're welcome lol

Just extract the Zip file and copy the cab installer to your device.

Sorry if this is a repost i searched first and all i found was unanswered questions regarding this.

Hi Juggalo!

thank you for your enhancement. However I miss one really useful feature as almost all mobile phones do support. It's SMS delivery report feature, that allows you following:
- change/ disable delivery report sound
- archive/ move delivery report to predifined folder other than inbox
- replace phone numbers by name according to address book entry

There is one such enhancement developped by saman called as "SMS Delivery Receipt Fix", however this tool is not perfect as has some bugs.
Juggalo, would you be able to develop something like this? Shame on Microsoft that in 4th version of MS Windows mobile they miss such basic feature!!! Maybe because their GSM network does not support it...

Juggalo, I will be pleased to support you in case you will able give us ability have this feature which is missing on all our mobile phones!

Thank you in advance
Regards
Duncho

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Shame on Microsoft that in 4th version of MS Windows mobile they miss such basic feature!!! Maybe because their GSM network does not support it...

Hi,

i dont mean to sound like im fighting M$'s corner, but the SMS delivery notification is set by your network.

I am O2 UK, and for years my non-WM devices like Nokia, Samsung etc etc, have all had SMS delivery notification as an option, but it has never worked as O2 dont support it, but if i used the same phone and used a friends sim who was on Orange UK who also support SMS deliver notification, it worked.

WM6 has an option for SMS delivery Notifications i think, it is down to ur network.

duncho

Oct 7, 2006
Bratislava
Hi,

i dont mean to sound like im fighting M$'s corner, but the SMS delivery notification is set by your network.

I am O2 UK, and for years my non-WM devices like Nokia, Samsung etc etc, have all had SMS delivery notification as an option, but it has never worked as O2 dont support it, but if i used the same phone and used a friends sim who was on Orange UK who also support SMS deliver notification, it worked.

WM6 has an option for SMS delivery Notifications i think, it is down to ur network.

It is supported by GSM netowork, SMS delivery reports are coming, but as I said before, there are otions of new SMS delivery report behaviour missing:

- Disable or assign different tone to SMS Delivery Report as the one used for regular incoming text message (SMS/MMS) notification. This would avoid us to check the cell phone each time when new text message notification sounds and you have no assurance whether this is SMS Delivery Report of a text message you sent to your friend before couple of hours when his mobile was switched off or whether this is a new text message arriving.

- Archive or move delivery report to predifined folder other than "Inbox" which allows you to sort not as important SMS Delivery reports from incomming text messages

- and finally as discussed here already, replace phone numbers by name according to your address book entry

I hope it's clear for you know :)