[Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI)

Search This thread

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
You mean the separate label? After you pick the action, the app automatically puts a label. All you have to do is delete everything in the Label field...

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
Here are some icons I just threw together...
Unfortunately, I do not have the same font as the original icons, but I think it's pretty similar...

Yes, two are the same icon. The only difference is that one says Amazon Kindle, and the other just says Kindle... sorry if you don't use the Kindle app, but I do as my mom has a Kindle so we share the same account.

Attachments

• Vignette.jpg
    Vignette.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,062
  • SetCPU.jpg
    SetCPU.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 907
  • Market.png
    Market.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Kindle.jpg
    Kindle.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 896
  • Softrace.png
    Softrace.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:

lukeatluke

Jul 23, 2010
you have to make sure you use something like rootexplorer to transfer the apk to the system/app folder. then you have to change the permission to -rw--r--r-

the reboot

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Do I have to have rooted Desire to manage this?

Awesome placement of widgets ;)

Last edited:

niteowl360

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2008
My variation on the WM7 theme ...

Images attached in Zip file (960 X 800).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And before WM7 ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• niteowl360_wm7_plus_dock_files.zip
    958.7 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:

earl26

Mar 6, 2010
if you want the actual feel of WP7 load BlackDroid rom. You also get the rotary lockscreen which looks a hell of alot better than stock android and blends better than the HTC SENSE lockscreen.

Darkshneider

Jan 17, 2008
Very nice theme! :) I just hate it how desktop visualizer seems to blur every pic i try to use. Made some alternative icons myself, they seem to look a bit sharper but still not too sharp:

screenshot_5b.png

Oh and if you want to hide the notification bar you have to make your icons this size:

Landscape: 350 x 130 (add a transparent 2px line on the inner side of the icon to make vertical lines the same size as horizontal lines)
Portrait: 110 x 272

This gave me some ideas, sadly my PS skills are mediocre at best. Any pointers? CDMA Hero btw...

earl26

Mar 6, 2010
how do i change the backgrounds of google widgets (and all widgets for that matter)? like that one guy had the google weather and news have a blue background, but i know it wasnt a system thing obviously because his music was orange.

lilxflip

Aug 21, 2010
has anyone tried this on the epic and if so what happens when the keyboard is open and the screen is in portrait mode?

earl26

Mar 6, 2010
why wont visualizer let me keep widgets resized? i will hold and then resize and then i hit the screen and it doesnt do anything, it just stays in resize mode.

sergioalvarezmac

Mar 2, 2010
Langreo, Asturias

Wheezy_be

Jan 27, 2009
Sint-Truiden
de-ruyter.be
Ok, If you are a HTC Desire (Resolution = 480 x 800) user:

Resolution = 72 ppi

1x1 = 110 x 122

2x1 = 230 x 122
3x1 = 350 x 122
4x1 = 470 x 122

1x2 = 110 x 254
1x3 = 110 x 386
1x4 = 110 x 518

2x2 = 230 x 254
3x3 = 350 x 386
4x4 = 470 x 518

If you don't want a blurry icon, do the following (trial and error):

If you want to add a 1x1 (small) icon, select in Desktop Visualiser the "1x2" widget size, select the 1x1 icon and resize it afterwards to a 1x1 widget size with launcherPro Plus. If anyone can test this and provide feedback in this thread, that would be awesome... :cool:

Below is proof of concept (actual screenshot from my Desire). Every icon has a 50% transparent bar of 30px on the bottom, so if you place a 1x1 next to a 2x1, the bar is even on both widgets.

7BGRq.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vere850211

Wheezy_be

Jan 27, 2009
Sint-Truiden
de-ruyter.be
thanks, was about to lose my mind. any idea about my previous q?

how do i change the backgrounds of google widgets (and all widgets for that matter)? like that one guy had the google weather and news have a blue background, but i know it wasnt a system thing obviously because his music was orange.

You pull the APK with ADB, edit the background image, and push the APK back onto the phone... too tired to explain in detail, more info can be found in the forums.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres the resources and mini guide to this as promised

premonition_by_newone757-d2yhhx0.png

Resources:::

Icons and PSD's-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

the font used is Helvitca. Not a free font and no i can not provide it. A little google might land you it illegally

N4HuX

clock is just digital clock widget with the date in black so you cant see

Instructions:::

Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
    and
    Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

If you want the dock set it in launcher pro and then use a transparent icon for the launcher in the middle. Transparent Icon not included​

More Guidance. Thanks for helpin out

You have to change your home screen to use 5 rows of icons. ;)

1. You have to install Launcher Pro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
    2. Install Desktop Visualizer
    3. In LauncherPro settings, set appearance of the dock to custom, and use the dock from the new layout.
    4. Under advanced set rows to 5.
    5. Change app launcher icon to http://www.elektrobike-hotels.com/markers/transparent.png
    6. Remove icons from dock.
    7. Create Desktop Visualizer widgets of the appropriate size and configure them to look like the layout.
    8. Enjoy!

andyriot has been kind enough to port this over to the lower resolution devices, Its looking sharp too. Way sharper than mine. Nice
    To everyone with an MDPI device wishing to use this -- [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI)

All credit goes to newone757 and permission was asked to release.
    Due to a few request.. I added a few more icons to my pack. Enjoy.

allicons.png

There are a few alternatives to play with. :)

NOTE: I made these icons based off my Droid X resolution (480x854), so they may be bigger on other phones. You can use photoshop to reduce the size to fit your phone better.

I use:
    3x1 (Horizontal) Icons = 390x150 pixels
    1x2 (Vertical) Icons = 120x330 pixels

How to set it up:

Apps Needed:
    Launcher Pro Plus (LP)
    Desktop Visualizer (DV)

1. Open your LP Preferences > Advanced Settings > 5 Icon rows in homescreen (Check it), restart LP.
    2. For Horizontal icons (3x1) Open a 4x1 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 4x1 DV widget to 3x1 with LP (long press icon).
    3. For Vertical icons (1x2) Open a 1x3 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 3x1 widget to 2x1 with LP (long press icon).

Updated:
    10/21/10 - Added Weather, Contacts, Task Killer, Alarm Clock.

10/19/10 - Added TiKL, Soundhound, MP3 Download, Voicemail.

10/14/10 - Added Bar Scanner, Pandora radio, Movies, Clockwork Recovery.

10/12/10 - Added NFL Mobile, To Do List, Shazam, Yelp.

10/11/10 - Added AppBrain, Calulator, Dropbox, Office Suite, News headlines.

10/10/10 - Added Wireless Tether, xda developers.

10/09/10 - Added an Alt Gallery. Replaced 3 icons with misspelling.

10/08/10 - Added Notepad, Docs2go, Youtube, Google Goggles, Settings (x2), MSN, Astro File Manager.

★★ Buy me a Beer if you like my work! ★★

Also if you dont have the .apk for Desktop Visualizer, I attached it to this thread. (credit to moonrock)
    Heres a few I threw together
    Im going to try to answer all these questions soon yall.

But there shouldnt be any jpegs in this at all, if so, here they are zipped up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

Im pretty sure thats desktop visualizer messing with the quality. But right now the only option is to embed the images into a wallpaper, which i dont want to do because i have widgets on my other screens

thanks yall
    why the goddamn hell did you suggest this piece of **** app when it doesnt have wp7 skin for the phone which i ORIGINALLY asked for?

You're a freakin' moron. You asked, and I quote:

"will this android phone 7 also make the phone look like WP7 phone?"

Windows Phone 7 on the left - Launcher7 on the right:

Looks pretty similar to me.

I would ask you to clarify what "wp7 skin" means- which you did NOT ORIGINALLY ask for... but I don't care about your stupid question anymore.

You're obviously lacking the mental capacity to ask the right question- and you get angry when others don't understand you. A simple "thanks for the reply, but this wasn't what I meant" would have sufficed. Instead, you want to be an asshole.

Good luck "customizing" your phone, douche.