[Q] Accessing SDCard2 from PC

Search This thread

Gramps

Oct 30, 2008
Howdy all,

Just picked up a Gtab today from Office Depot (they match Sears pricing of $349 with no restocking fee).

I also purchased a couple of 4gb MicroSDHC cards to play around with the different ROMs Reobeet and others are developing. Great job guys..keep up the great work.

Here's my question.. Can I access the SDcard2 on my Gtab from my Windows 7 file explorer? When I connect the Gtab to the PC via USB, I see the Gtab as my E:\ drive. Opening up the E:\ drive shows the following folders:

.android_secure
Android
backups
DCIM
download
LOST.DIR

But not the SDCARD2 or any of the other directories or files is see from the Gtab ES File Explorer.

What do I need on the Windows 7 PC to view and manage files on the Gtab, internal storage and the SDcard2?

Thanks for your help.. I think I'm going to like learning how to Mod my Gtab.

Great work guys and a great forum to share information.

Sincerely,

Gramps..

rickyt63

Jun 16, 2006
BayArea, California
OnePlus 10 Pro
Howdy all,
Here's my question.. Can I access the SDcard2 on my Gtab from my Windows 7 file explorer? When I connect the Gtab to the PC via USB, I see the Gtab as my E:\ drive. Opening up the E:\ drive shows the following folders:

.android_secure
Android
backups
DCIM
download
LOST.DIR

- Drive E as you see is GTab internal 16GB SDcard.
I don't think you can access SDcard2 via windows ( I know I can't).
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Gramps

Oct 30, 2008
I did some google searching and found this andriod APK which allowed me to access both the internal memory of the Gtab and the MicroSDHC (SDCard2) memory.

SwiFTP FTP Server
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/map-android-phone-in-windows-7-to-access-root-files-over-wifi/

This Android application converts your phone/*Gtab* into an FTP server which is accessible by a unique FTP IP generated by the app. You then map the FTP IP to your Windows PC and tada.. you can access your Gtab data (all of it). :)

See the link above for download and instructions.

Gramps...

Reactions: zookarama

butchconner

Nov 26, 2010
Northwest Louisiana
Gramps,

If you indeed are going to "play" with mods, then go ahead and side-load a copy of "r4root" and root your tablet.

When you root your tablet, you will be able to see the "/" root directory which has sdcard (your main memory), sdcard2 (your SD cards external), and USBdisk (the directory for your USB port).

I think you should have ES File Manager (right name?) on your stock machine and it may let you see the root directories -- but I'm not sure about accessing them.

Rev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did some google searching and found this andriod APK which allowed me to access both the internal memory of the Gtab and the MicroSDHC (SDCard2) memory.

SwiFTP FTP Server
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/map-android-phone-in-windows-7-to-access-root-files-over-wifi/

This Android application converts your phone/*Gtab* into an FTP server which is accessible by a unique FTP IP generated by the app. You then map the FTP IP to your Windows PC and tada.. you can access your Gtab data (all of it). :)

See the link above for download and instructions.

Gramps...