[Q] Galaxy Note 2 and stock firmware problem

Search This thread

rimvydukas

Jul 11, 2008
Vilnius
Hi,

I had my galaxy note 2 with stock android 4.3 firmware. Phone is unrooted. And I decided to downgrade to 4.1.1. Took stock firmware for my region, took odin, entered download mode and flashed my phone with this firmware. Odin completed without any problems, phone rebooted and stuck on splash screen. I entered recovery mode then, wiped data and cache partition and phone booted without any problems. But here goes my major problem - my phone can not register onto my mobile network. When I search for the networks - phone can see them but when I select network phone simply refuses to register onto this network:( Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
Hi,

I had my galaxy note 2 with stock android 4.3 firmware. Phone is unrooted. And I decided to downgrade to 4.1.1. Took stock firmware for my region, took odin, entered download mode and flashed my phone with this firmware. Odin completed without any problems, phone rebooted and stuck on splash screen. I entered recovery mode then, wiped data and cache partition and phone booted without any problems. But here goes my major problem - my phone can not register onto my mobile network. When I search for the networks - phone can see them but when I select network phone simply refuses to register onto this network:( Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Its a problem with the radio incompatibility . Did you download the firmware for the correct region ?
Just to test try flashing any of the custom firmware in 4.1 framework . See if the network registers . If it does then ur flashing a wrong version of stock .

rimvydukas

Jul 11, 2008
Vilnius
Its a problem with the radio incompatibility . Did you download the firmware for the correct region ?
Just to test try flashing any of the custom firmware in 4.1 framework . See if the network registers . If it does then ur flashing a wrong version of stock .

Hi, it seems that I was able to find solution. As I've been on 4.3 official rom it seems that EFS partitions were modified and when I flashed stock 4.1.1 it seems that the modem can't access info on this partition. So I flashed modem from official 4.1.2 firmware and everything started to work. This thing was mentioned somewhere on this forum.

But here comes my another problem:) When I flashed to 4.1.1 I saw knox warranty void 0x1:( But it was too late when I saw what this does mean:) But the problem is that download mode says that my phone is in custom state and that I loaded custom firmware 1 time. Well... I've tried to root the phone, installed triangle away and tried to reset flash counter. When I entered download mode I saw that flash counter was set to 0 and that the phone is in official state. But when I rebooted phone till Android OS and went to download mode after that I saw that flash counter was set to 1 again but the phone is in official state. Why is that? I have stock recovery and stock rom. As I've read there must be no such thing. Could it be because my bootloader is from 4.3 version? And one more thing - I was not able to enter recovery mode when I rooted the phone:( Phone stays at the flash screen forever:( Is it expected thing with stock recovery?

And one more question. Lets imagine that I have 4.1.1 official rom, I'm rooted and want to flash 4.1.2 official rom with odin. Do I need to unroot my phone at first or can I skip this step? Thanks.

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
If you are on 4.3 then Triangle away will not work due to knox . Its recommend you unroot the phone before flashing a new rom using Odin.