rand reboots still present on vzw

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I didn't clarify I'm sorry can you confirm they are present on aosp/cm roms?

Thank you for replying.

They are few and far apart from what they were. But as stated above, once all the aosp Roms are using 4.4 source it will be a thing of the past.

Jackpotcalvin has a cm11 based off 4.4 for the vs980 and people are saying no reboots or sod, plus Bluetooth seems to be a lot better as well

Sent from my Vs980 running CloudyFlex 2.0

Reactions: M@XLOL

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
They fixed the reboots a while ago. It was a kernel issue I think (usually are). That only occurred on custom cm/aosp based roms running 4.4.2 and a 4.2.2 kernel.

Everything has been updated to 4.4.2 source and nice.

sent from my Verizon G2

Reactions: M@XLOL

M@XLOL

Jun 27, 2009
Central Illinois
They fixed the reboots a while ago. It was a kernel issue I think (usually are). That only occurred on custom cm/aosp based roms running 4.4.2 and a 4.2.2 kernel.

sent from my Verizon G2

nice it was originally why I sold the phone i've been with the moto x but just sold that and will have the g2 again on thursday it is a much better phone I am glad the reboots have been solved.

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
There are never any reboots/SODs on stock based roms. But even after source etc, CM/AOSP will never be as stable IMO. e.g on my GS3 I would still get a reboot sometimes running AOSP months after the roms were stable.

mwolfe38

Jul 13, 2011

sent from my Verizon G2

Which roms are fixed? I'm using CM11 and still getting reboots. I have the latest nightly (4/22) installed. I even did a clean install and I've had like 4 (noticed) reboots since I installed it yesterday.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Which roms are fixed? I'm using CM11 and still getting reboots. I have the latest nightly (4/22) installed. I even did a clean install and I've had like 4 (noticed) reboots since I installed it yesterday.

The aosp Roms still based on the 4.2 kernels are still having issues. Only one that I didn't was liquid smooth.

Mahdi has a beta out right now thats based off the 4.4 kernel, and all that trash is a thing of the past.

Smooth as hell, no reboots/sod's, no lag freezes, Bluetooth is much better.

If you have a Vs980, jackpotcalvin made a cm11 build based off the 4.4 kernel, and it for the most part is positive, but he doesn't work on it anymore, and cm doesn't care enough to develop for our phone anymore. (Too busy with samjunk)

Anyways, Mahdi has a beta that's 4.4 and paranoid android has a 4.4 beta as well. Both are smooth, though Mahdi has all the customization and is smoother for me then what pa is.

Pa is nothing but a base. Not many features.

Sent from my Vs980 running Mahdi Beta2 24a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not on stock

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    I didn't clarify I'm sorry can you confirm they are present on aosp/cm roms?

Thank you for replying.

They are few and far apart from what they were. But as stated above, once all the aosp Roms are using 4.4 source it will be a thing of the past.

Jackpotcalvin has a cm11 based off 4.4 for the vs980 and people are saying no reboots or sod, plus Bluetooth seems to be a lot better as well

Sent from my Vs980 running CloudyFlex 2.0

sent from my Verizon G2