how to install CWM/TWRP

Search This thread

akupanjang

Sep 1, 2013
I have an GT I9500 phone and confused for installing custom recovery. Please help me on how to install custom recovery in correct way.. thankss

Last edited:

michaels4

Aug 19, 2014
The best way is to download flashify app from play store and choose flash recovery image>choose your favorite recovery>flash it
It is 99% working
I did it that way

Romanog4

Aug 19, 2014
Trwp is way better. Better ui i think. Personal preference

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Use root checker to make sure you are properly rooted

akupanjang

Sep 1, 2013
Trwp is way better. Better ui i think. Personal preference

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Use root checker to make sure you are properly rooted

Can you tell me on how to install this and what files that im going to download?

Romanog4

Aug 19, 2014
Have you rooted your phone yet?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2361122

That's how to install trwp. You don't need a pc to do anything. To root. i used towel root. Also install root checker from the play store. Towel root you have to google to find. Xda and YouTube are your best friend when it comes to this sort of thing

Romanog4

Aug 19, 2014
Did you manage to root your phone? Once you root it. Download Rom installer and on the left you can click on flash recovery and then flash the latest twrp. Then you download the Rom you want and download gapps too. And boot into recovery and wipe cache, dalvik cache and data. Then flash Rom and gapps. Then wipe dalvik and cache. Then reboot and enjoy the awesomeness of cm