[APK] Google Videos

Search This thread

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
What does this .apk do? Do you have to play the videos you rent in the new market using this app?

pjjohn73

Dec 15, 2010
an easy way is to rename su as mu
it will disable pretty much all root actions until you rename it back, but it'll allow you to play the videos that way.

I used Root Explorer to rename /system/bin su to mu. It did not let me play rented video. Still detected as rooted device.

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hi,

big thx, works in germany (CyanogenMod).

with friendly greet

starbase64

Attachments

• screenshot-1310638491502.jpg
    screenshot-1310638491502.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 912

abuserkadayf

Sep 18, 2007
i think this is only for US people only..when i click on the titles nothing happens..prolly because im in EU.. the app works fine but cant rent anything

Rockwell_

Aug 9, 2010
Use MarketEnabler to fake US provider. At least you get rid of that error and can look more information about the movie.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't see the new Google Videos apk uploaded anywhere yet, so I figured I'd put it up here for anyone that might need it. Please mirror if you can, all I have is Dropbox and Filesonic. Hope this helps!

Dropbox

Filesonic

EDIT: Thanks to guliavikas47, there's now a Megaupload link!

Megaupload
    I've released a version of the APK file with the root check disabled with a long explanation of how it was accomplished over at SDX-developers;
    http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=16930.0

You should be able to rent movies on all rooted phones(2.2+) and all themes that Google Video previously worked on (Well worked on, but didn't allow you to watch the rented movie).
    GVideo with Root Check Disabled

I'll probably release either a patch for the apk or a "how to" in the next week or two. This fix is self contained in the apk, so you won't have to change anything in your /system/ folder. I just turned off the su detection checks and apk tamper checks. I've tested the apk on the Optmus, Moment, Nook and Incredible, so I'm pretty sure it will work with every phone.