[Q] Do you guys know a thing about this phone?

Search This thread

red_uh

Mar 3, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this website and was wondering if you can help me. Ive got an android phone with FROYO 2.2. Ive search all over the internet for custom ROMs and updates for my phone but no luck. By the way, my phone is called Cherry Mobile Candy.

About phone:

Model Number: L102
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: MAUI.10A.W10.48.MP.V5.F1, 2011/01/27 16:48
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
jeremy@ubuntu#1
Mon Oct 17 17:06:18 CST 2011
Build Number: L102-M24.Cherry.l3.BT.FM.WF.42.V006

If I'm missing something please feel free to suggest anything. I really want to try out some custom roms for my phone or updates to boost it up. Thank you.

tonystark88

Feb 2, 2012
Tufino (NA)
I don't think you can find any custom ROM for this device, it's a low category Android Phone. But the best quality of Android it's his portability, so you can try to give some informations on porting Android for this device.

Reactions: red_uh

red_uh

Mar 3, 2012
Yes your'e right its a low end phone. What benefits i can get if do that Android porting your'e saying?

tonystark88

Feb 2, 2012
Tufino (NA)
Porting is a sort of manual building of a ROM for your device. For example my Gio support Gingerbread but not ICS officially, but there are guys that are working on the source of ICS and build the ROM for my device.

Android is open - source, so anyone can do this, whit the right skills.

red_uh

Mar 3, 2012
Hey men, i really need your help!!. So this is how it goes,

Ive Downloaded Rom Manager. ive explored all of its contents, and i bumped to this Boot into recovery option. I tap it without knowing what will it do to my phone. Then the recovery screen appears, i scrolled down to clear all caches and then i choose yes, my phone turns on with no problem, But the thing is when i slide the unlock panel to unlock my phone, i just see a complete black screen, with the notification bar,(with time and the signal indicator) im not sure what to do with this.

As i search through the internet, my phone is not yet bricked, It can boot up to recovery mode, and the test mode. The dumbest decision ive made though, i did not make any backup of my system.

can you help me,sir? thank you,

red_uh

Mar 3, 2012
Try factory resetting the phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

not to be confused here but, hard reset or factory reset? if factory reset is what you trying to tell me, i cant do that sir. Cause i cant access the settings of my phone. Literally black when i slide it to unlock. i dont know what to do. :(

EDIT: I cant either install the stock rom ive downloaded from the manufacturer site, please. can you help me? i really dont know what to do. :(

Last edited:

red_uh

Mar 3, 2012
not to be confused here but, hard reset or factory reset? if factory reset is what you trying to tell me, i cant do that sir. Cause i cant access the settings of my phone. Literally black when i slide it to unlock. i dont know what to do. :(

EDIT: I cant either install the stock rom ive downloaded from the manufacturer site, please. can you help me? i really dont know what to do. :(

Hey! i think i know what the problem is, i remember uninstalling the default launcher of my android, i think thats the problem, but how can i access my memory card, or the android system to install manually a launcher from my computer?

Or let it put it this way, how can i install an application without the use of my android phone? please reply men, if you know anything., :(

samuro625

Oct 25, 2010
Neiva
A backup ROM!

Hi, I'm new to this website and was wondering if you can help me. Ive got an android phone with FROYO 2.2. Ive search all over the internet for custom ROMs and updates for my phone but no luck. By the way, my phone is called Cherry Mobile Candy.

About phone:

jeremy@ubuntu#1

If I'm missing something please feel free to suggest anything. I really want to try out some custom roms for my phone or updates to boost it up. Thank you.

I have a backup of this ROM, flashable with SP Flash Tool. Feel free to download the files from Dropbox.

Reactions: samuellemuel

hartlezzevolved

Nov 6, 2013
Bacoor City
hey I have the same phone and I cant find the stock rom coz i uninstalled the gServicesframework.. Please help me where can i find the rom.. Thanks

kernel : 2.6.32.9
root@gentledesktop #1
Fri Mar 2 CST

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think you can find any custom ROM for this device, it's a low category Android Phone. But the best quality of Android it's his portability, so you can try to give some informations on porting Android for this device.
    A backup ROM!

About phone:

jeremy@ubuntu#1

I have a backup of this ROM, flashable with SP Flash Tool. Feel free to download the files from Dropbox.