[Q] Stuck in bootloop

Search This thread

maurice330

Jan 21, 2014
Hi,
I'm a half-baked noob here.

I got the Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-THM889V / t0ltetmo (unsure if tmo or vtr or anything else)) already rooted from my cousin. This is what I did with it after I got it:
1. Backed up photos, videos, mp3 to the computer
2. It was in CWM bootloader when I used it, so I flashed TWRP on it with Odin.
3. I flashed OMNI ROM on it successfully via TWRP
----------everything was working fine up till here-----------
4. I tried to unlock the phone, but I figured I had to use the stock ROM to do it
5. I forgot to wipe my cache and data before I tried to flash T889UVALJ1 on it via TWRP
6. It did not succeed
7. After different trials with the stock ROM (same link) , it worked
8. The ROM worked, but I didn't let it initialize, so everything was laggy.
9. I got frustrated because I still couldn't unlock the phone, so I wanted to flash back to OMNI ROM via TWRP
10. Now stuck it's at the loading OMNI icon
11. I tried flashing other versions of TWRP on it via Odin, wiped data, cache, delvic cache, format data, etc. several times and flashed different available ROM's on xda, but none of these worked.

Right now, I am able to load into Download target mod and load into bootloader (TWRP 2.7.0.0 right now) just fine.
I asked my programming friends, one suggested I should update the kerenel, another just said I bricked the phone (no, duh.)

What should I do? Help me, please!

Last edited:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Hi,
I'm a half-baked noob here.

I got the Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-THM889 / t0ltetmo) already rooted from my cousin. This is what I did with it after I got it:
1. Backed up photos, videos, mp3 to the computer
4. I tried to unlock the phone, but I figured I had to use the stock ROM to do it
5. I forgot to wipe my cache and data before I tried to flash T889UVALJ1 on it via TWRP
6. It did not succeed
7. After different trials with the stock ROM (same link) , it worked
8. The ROM worked, but I didn't let it initialize, so everything was laggy.
9. I got frustrated because I still couldn't unlock the phone, so I wanted to flash back to OMNI ROM via TWRP
10. Now stuck it's at the loading OMNI icon
11. I tried flashing other versions of TWRP on it via Odin, wiped data, cache, delvic cache, format data, etc. several times and flashed different available ROM's on xda, but none of these worked.

Right now, I am able to load into Download target mod and load into bootloader (TWRP 2.7.0.0 right now) just fine.
I asked my programming friends, one suggested I should update the kerenel, another just said I bricked the phone (no, duh.)

What should I do? Help me, please!

-What do you mean CWM bootloader? There is no such thing.. Did you mean CWM recovery?

-When you flashed this did you boot up fine? Phone worked, could see home screen, went through set up etc etc...

-This is where I get confused? Do you mean unlock to use on a different carrier or unlock to flash customs roms?

I'm want to help you but either you don't really know what you did or what you have to do to flash custom roms. .
Verify those ?'s I asked and we can go from there. .
Remember rooting your phone does NOT unlock your bootloader so that you can flash a custom rom like OMNI;)
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
When you boot into download mode do you see the word "knox" anywhere? If so that might be pay off the problem.

Also try flashing with TWRP 2.6.3.1 and see if that works. I have been working with BigBiff on am issue with 2.7.0.0 involving a pre 4.3 rom.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Last edited:

maurice330

Jan 21, 2014

-What do you mean CWM bootloader? There is no such thing.. Did you mean CWM recovery?

-When you flashed this did you boot up fine? Phone worked, could see home screen, went through set up etc etc...

-This is where I get confused? Do you mean unlock to use on a different carrier or unlock to flash customs roms?

I'm want to help you but either you don't really know what you did or what you have to do to flash custom roms. .
Verify those ?'s I asked and we can go from there. .
Remember rooting your phone does NOT unlock your bootloader so that you can flash a custom rom like OMNI;)

-Yeah, I meant CWM recovery, not bootloader.
-After I flashed it, everything booted just fine. I could connect to wifi, go through settings such and such.
-Unlock as in using different carriers.
@Coug76
No signs of "Knox" in download mode.

It shows
Product name: SGH-T889V_NA_VTR
Custom Binary Download: Yes (13 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
----------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I didn't make any backups or recovery files

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
-Yeah, I meant CWM recovery, not bootloader.
-After I flashed it, everything booted just fine. I could connect to wifi, go through settings such and such.
-Unlock as in using different carriers.

@Coug76
No signs of "Knox" in download mode.

It shows
Product name: SGH-T889V_NA_VTR
Custom Binary Download: Yes (13 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
----------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I didn't make any backups or recovery files

I think maybe your partitions are curropt. I would odin back to stock. Find your latest firmware that is still unlockable and the pit file and flash pit and firmware thru odin..then re root and unlock your phone;)

maurice330

Jan 21, 2014
I think maybe your partitions are curropt. I would odin back to stock. Find your latest firmware that is still unlockable and the pit file and flash pit and firmware thru odin..then re root and unlock your phone;)

Thanks! Is there a particular version of Odin I should use?
Also, what are the steps I should take?
Flash stock pit in odin -> flash stock firmware in odin -> re root and unlock -> back to normal

Last edited:

maurice330

Jan 21, 2014
Update:
I tried to Odin the .pit, but it failed. However, I flashed the stock firmware for videotron via TWRP and it's running.
But here's a new problem...
-The WiFi wouldn't turn on.
-It wouldn't search for any network carriers.
-It says no SIM card detected despite having one slotted in.
-When I type *#197328640# in the dialing key pad, it brings me to the phone service management thing with no options for me to choose.

I tried flashing the videotron modem in the link, but nothing has changed.
The phone is locked to Rogers with a Rogers SIM card that has no phone service. (Stopped paying the bills)
-----------edit---------
I flashed the OMNI ROM again, now the WiFi turns on and connects. The phone service, however, still hasn't been able to detect the IMEI (shows as unkown in About Phone) or any phone carriers

Last edited: