[Q] How do you live with phone with non-removable battery?

Search This thread

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
I have been using phone with removable battery and I have extra batteries that i can hot swap with. But my next phone i am seriously considering phones that doesn't have this option. (M8, OnePlus, etc.)

How do you get through the day when you can't swap out batteries?

If you can list your current phone and how you deal with low battery, that will be great.

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have been using phone with removable battery and I have extra batteries that i can hot swap with. But my next phone i am seriously considering phones that doesn't have this option. (M8, OnePlus, etc.)

How do you get through he day when you can't swap out batteries?

Pretty good. The phone case has a better quality on most of these phone. E.g. my HTC One S could never bee that great if it was not "unibody". For normal purpose you never need to pull out the battery. And also a "built-in" battery can be replaced by yourself, if you're a little bit technically minded.

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

backb0ne5p1d0r

Feb 8, 2013
Amman
Well the battery doesn't drain that fast. It is enough for me for the whole day.
I think if you buy a new phone the battery will last for a day unless you spend the whole day gaming on your phone. The battery life depended on your usage. I charge my phone once a day but I spend most of the time texting and on social apps (on WiFi). I have HTC One X+
And if you're worried about the phone freezing and not being able to pull the battery out to reset it, you can easily simulate a battery pull on non removable battery devices by pressing and holding two buttons for 15 seconds (Volume Up and Power most of of the time restarts the phone even when it's frozen)
If you have any more questions then feel free to ask!
& Please press the thanks button if I helped :)

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danhatcher

Oct 31, 2013
Brighton, UK
Generally speaking, non-removable batteries have higher capacities than removable ones and so there shouldn't be an issue where you're not getting at least a day of medium usage out of the device.
Having said that, I'm in a similar boat to you at the moment; I've had this 7K battery in my S3 for about a year now and going back to a 2000-3000mAh battery when I upgrade will take some getting used to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can always simply get an external battery, e.g. search for "Anker" at Amazon. They're portable and offer capacities of up to 15000mAh.

How do you get through he day when you can't swap out batteries?

Pretty good. The phone case has a better quality on most of these phone. E.g. my HTC One S could never bee that great if it was not "unibody". For normal purpose you never need to pull out the battery. And also a "built-in" battery can be replaced by yourself, if you're a little bit technically minded.
    Well the battery doesn't drain that fast. It is enough for me for the whole day.
    I think if you buy a new phone the battery will last for a day unless you spend the whole day gaming on your phone. The battery life depended on your usage. I charge my phone once a day but I spend most of the time texting and on social apps (on WiFi). I have HTC One X+
    And if you're worried about the phone freezing and not being able to pull the battery out to reset it, you can easily simulate a battery pull on non removable battery devices by pressing and holding two buttons for 15 seconds (Volume Up and Power most of of the time restarts the phone even when it's frozen)
    If you have any more questions then feel free to ask!
    & Please press the thanks button if I helped :)

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Generally speaking, non-removable batteries have higher capacities than removable ones and so there shouldn't be an issue where you're not getting at least a day of medium usage out of the device.
    Having said that, I'm in a similar boat to you at the moment; I've had this 7K battery in my S3 for about a year now and going back to a 2000-3000mAh battery when I upgrade will take some getting used to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app