[Q] Razr I stuck in a boot loop (Not the static red logo)

Search This thread

Danish78

Jan 18, 2013
Hi,
My Razr I got stuck at the Red boot animation a few days ago. Its the animation of the red logo and intel logo and not the static M logo that comes at the start.
In detail, the phone shows the M animation where the waves are shown, sometimes it even shows the the intel animation and then returns to the animated M logo (Please note that it does not reboot and the static red logo does not appear). The phone keeps on doing this until I turn off the phone using the fastboot menu. Sometimes the phone passes the boot animation and turns on for about a couple of minutes until it starts happening again.

The phone has a locked boot-loader and is unrooted. Its on Stock 4.1.2 unrooted rom. Previously the phone used to have the problem of being stuck at the static M logo but @skupi20 found a workaround which was to use RSD lite and the stock rom and flash the system_signed file by editing the xml file. This used to fix the problem whenever it occurred. but flashing system_signed does not fix this problem. I have even tried flashing everything except for the erase_userdata phrase(I do not want to lose the data). The link to the previous problem's solution is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2420032

I think the problem is not in the system files anymore thats why flashing it does not work. And as the phone does work sometimes it means something is causing the system to be stuck at the animation most of the time.

I would also like to mention that the phone has also booted to safemode a few times but it kept on saying Homescreen has stopped working so I couldn't do anything. I tried opening the settings and it said Sattings stopped working and closed it too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would be really thankful. Ihave tried to explain everything in detail but ask me if there is any other question.

Danish78

Jan 18, 2013
Can anybody maybe help me understand what each of the partitions are for in the stock rom's xml file. Or maybe direct me to another thread where it is already explained. Thanks.

Danish78

Jan 18, 2013
Since nobody said anything. I erased userdata(So had to lose all data) as well and it works fine now. I flashed a complete stock version of the Rom.

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Was on vacation, so i would not reply to it. But the userdata erase was the only solution ;)

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
I Got The same problem my device is stuck on boot loop
i flashed the theme and then my device is still on droids eye
RSD lite 6.1.4 wont recognizing my device
help ME :(

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012

hmm, i am wondering, do u have a xt890. This device doesn't have a droid eye ;) But it has a red motorola logo or a unlcok message.
Anyway, can u access fastboot? Do u have an unlocked bootloader? If u can access fastboot, can u boot in recovery.

Reactions: ezknives

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
hmm, i am wondering, do u have a xt890. This device doesn't have a droid eye ;) But it has a red motorola logo or a unlcok message.
Anyway, can u access fastboot? Do u have an unlocked bootloader? If u can access fastboot, can u boot in recovery.

yes i can access fastboot and also have unlocked bootloader
i have xt907

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
i have xt907

Ah, that explains it a bit.

This is the xda forum for your device (Razr M). For a better fix to your problem u should ask there ;)
http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-m

If u can't get any answer from there, i will try to help you further. But i don't have your device.
Contact me here again then ;)

Hazou

Reactions: ezknives

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013

This is the xda forum for your device (Razr M). For a better fix to your problem u should ask there ;)

If u can't get any answer from there, i will try to help you further. But i don't have your device.

Hazou

He did post over there in a few places also... Provided the same almost "details"... Just waiting on his reply

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i have xt907

Hazou