[Q] What features / widgets do you lose if you don't use TouchWiz?

Search This thread

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
I know we lose the TouchWiz calendar widgets, but is there anything else? There are some really sweet launchers on the market and I just want to know what I'm losing if I ditch TouchWiz?

Also, how do you tell how much RAM a launcher uses?

Which launcher is most efficient at using RAM?

You'll lose all Samsung widgets.

Why do you care about RAM?
You got 3 gigs.

Anyway. Nova launcher is pretty light.

Reactions: Neo3D
X

x102x96x

I know we lose the TouchWiz calendar widgets, but is there anything else? There are some really sweet launchers on the market and I just want to know what I'm losing if I ditch TouchWiz?

Nova & Apex are almost like original android nexus launcher so u will get very good responsibility from launcher.
u won't lose any system features like multi-window, pen windows and etc but launcher features (touch-wiz) u will lose just widgets.
about RAM;
this is galaxy devices problem that cannot manage ram so good. so note3 will be smoother by android KK

:good:

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Nova & Apex are almost like original android nexus launcher so u will get very good responsibility from launcher.
u won't lose any system features like multi-window, pen windows and etc but launcher features (touch-wiz) u will lose just widgets.
about RAM;
this is galaxy devices problem that cannot manage ram so good. so note3 will be smoother by android KK

:good:

Are you saying Galaxy devices don't have good memory management?
What makes you say that?

You lose the stock camera, s-note, all the samsung add-on stuff like the widgets, s-voice, all that "S" stuff. There are replacements for most of the sansung stuff for AOSP though, and I seriously don't miss TW at all. I'm also gonna recommend Nova launcher as well.

I think he (she...?) was talking about changing just the laumcher. Not the whole ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You'll lose all Samsung widgets.

Why do you care about RAM?
    You got 3 gigs.

Anyway. Nova launcher is pretty light.
    You lose the stock camera, s-note, all the samsung add-on stuff like the widgets, s-voice, all that "S" stuff. There are replacements for most of the sansung stuff for AOSP though, and I seriously don't miss TW at all. I'm also gonna recommend Nova launcher as well.
    You only lose the Samsung widgets.

Spen, Action Menu, Camera and everything else remains fully functional, as do all the gestures and the Samsung apps themselves. (S Note and Calendar do still work fine as an app.)

I'm using Apex. Wonderfully fast. Nova is also good, it's just a matter of preference between the two.