Fire TV Netflix

Search This thread

Snoman002

May 2, 2009
oh-io
Its been a while so maybe I'm out of date, but has anybody tried the Nexflix app for the Fire TV on the Ouya?

I know previously the Netflix app was barely usable, but the Fire version seems better for a remote interface.

ajb999

Mar 27, 2009
I am curious about this as well. Have been looking for a copy of the apk to try but no luck so far. Maybe someone on the forum has a FireTV and would be willing to supply a copy of the Netflix apk. I have seen that the OUYA controller works good with the FireTV so there this could be a good alternative to what versions we have to sideload now.

Edit: It will load but just sits on the Netflix loading screen with no data traffic.

Last edited:

elmerohueso

Nov 29, 2010
Provo
Decided I'd take a crack at this.
I copied the following from the FTV to the same locations on the OUYA (I also changed the build and version in build.prop):
/data/app/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1.apk (chmod 644)
created directory /data/app-lib (chmod 711)
created directory /data/app-lib/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1 (chmod 755)
/data/app-lib/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1/libcontent_shell_content_view.so (chmod 755)
/system/app/WebCryptoTZService.apk (chmod 644)
/system/app/WebCryptoTZService.odex (chmod 644)
/system/lib/libwebcryptotz.so (chmod 644)
/system/app/AmazonApps_420005110.apk (chmod 644)
/system/lib/liblatency.so (chmod 644)

Still just hangs on the Netflix loading screen. Logcat says "W/ActivityManager( 324): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.amazon.tz.webcrypto }: not found". LOGCAT

Ideas?

peppy6582

Nov 15, 2010
Try these

I have an apk with the store check removed, and also those other files installed.

But there is still an issue even with all of this. The app tries to connect to netflix through a very secure url that includes your build_id, build_time, version_release and version_incremental from the build.prop file. I have tried spoofing these, from the Fire TV build.prop, but it results in a boot loop.

ajb999

Mar 27, 2009
I have an apk with the store check removed, and also those other files installed.

But there is still an issue even with all of this. The app tries to connect to netflix through a very secure url that includes your build_id, build_time, version_release and version_incremental from the build.prop file. I have tried spoofing these, from the Fire TV build.prop, but it results in a boot loop.

The app does a boot loop or your ouya? Were you changing your ouya build prop?

ajb999

Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, I had a backup. I wish somebody smarter than me (there are a lot) would help us figure this out.

There's a thread on ouyaforum abouth this and someone says the OUYA is missing a bunch of APIs and other stuff for it to run. I think it's been looked at some people that really know what they're doing but might have thought Netflix would release an app themselves. Doesn't seem like it would take much considering how many versions they've released on android. Then again, the only Netflix version that I can watch movies on my n7 2013 tablet is with the HD version. But it doesn't have chromecast support.