KMApp - Kernel Manager App V 2.0

Search This thread

kyrillos13

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 26, 2010
Athens
Can you please post the output of adb shell cat /data2sd.log?
Tnx

okay.

Data2SD Enabled - Hybrid Mode
Cleaning up symlinks
- /data/app is a symlink
- /data/dalvik-cache is a symlink
- /data/log is a symlink
Connecting Hybrid Data2sd Links
- /data/app linked to /sdext/app
- /data/log linked to /sdext/log
- /data/dalvik-cache linked to /sdext/dalvik-cache

Reactions: andreapier

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
okay.

Data2SD Enabled - Hybrid Mode
Cleaning up symlinks
- /data/app is a symlink
- /data/dalvik-cache is a symlink
- /data/log is a symlink
Connecting Hybrid Data2sd Links
- /data/app linked to /sdext/app
- /data/log linked to /sdext/log
- /data/dalvik-cache linked to /sdext/dalvik-cache

You are right, there must be some problem with directories checking. With your configuration i get only log checked, while app and dalvick-cache stays unchecked.
Hybrid data2sd is working good for you? Did you enable it by app or manually? Titanium Backup is showing the right free space amount for data?
Sorry for too much questions but it seems you are the only one testing the app!
And you get a Thanks for this!

kyrillos13

Sep 26, 2010
Athens
You are right, there must be some problem with directories checking. With your configuration i get only log checked, while app and dalvick-cache stays unchecked.
Hybrid data2sd is working good for you? Did you enable it by app or manually? Titanium Backup is showing the right free space amount for data?
Sorry for too much questions but it seems you are the only one testing the app!
And you get a Thanks for this!

Hybrid Data2SD is working fine. :p I enabled it manually.
Titanium Backup doesnt show anything about app2sd..
I can help you to finalize the app :D

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
mmm... I think i didn't get how data2sd works..
If i enable it with a 512 MB ext4 partition, shouldn't i see about 512 MB in data available space instead of abpout 200 MB of our phone internal memeory?
If not, i can say hybrid data2sd is working fine with the app exept for the directory checks.
Can someone point me where i can learn how exactly data2sd works?

kyrillos13

Sep 26, 2010
Athens
mmm... I think i didn't get how data2sd works..
If i enable it with a 512 MB ext4 partition, shouldn't i see about 512 MB in data available space instead of abpout 200 MB of our phone internal memeory?
If not, i can say hybrid data2sd is working fine with the app exept for the directory checks.
Can someone point me where i can learn how exactly data2sd works?

No, in data it shouldnt display 512mb, but only 200. The real internal. Now, sdext is the "fake" internal. It just symlinks /data/app eg to /sdext/app (not all /data, if it symlinks all data it is data2sd, not hybrid.)

djmaxis

Aug 26, 2009
Człuchów
I didnt test app but I have an idea for your problem with data2sd read. On sdcard/android/data/g3mod/
Are files for data2sd. Only what you must to do is simple vars and files reading.
What I mean:
If fs.data2sd exists in that directory and have "hybrid" in it, data2sd it enabled. If not exist or dont have that string, its disabled.
Next you need to read data2sd.dirs.
If doesnt exists you must to create that file, if exists read lines from it.
After reading lines, simple vars.
If contains "app", moving app folder to sdext is enabled, if contains "dalvik-cache" moving dalvik folder to sdext is enabled, if didnt contains disabled etc.

If You want PM me for help

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

Last edited:

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
I didnt test app but I have an idea for your problem with data2sd read. On sdcard/android/data/g3mod/
Are files for data2sd. Only what you must to do is simple vars and files reading.
What I mean:
If fs.data2sd exists in that directory and have "hybrid" in it, data2sd it enabled. If not exist or dont have that string, its disabled.
Next you need to read data2sd.dirs.
If doesnt exists you must to create that file, if exists read lines from it.
After reading lines, simple vars.
If contains "app", moving app folder to sdext is enabled, if contains "dalvik-cache" moving dalvik folder to sdext is enabled, if didnt contains disabled etc.

If You want PM me for help

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

This is exactly what the app does.

TearsDontFalls

Sep 28, 2011
Since I use hybrid Data2SD I can't check the free space of the sdext with titanium backup. Can you add a feature for checking free space of sdext with kmapp?

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
Since I use hybrid Data2SD I can't check the free space of the sdext with titanium backup. Can you add a feature for checking free space of sdext with kmapp?

No i can't. This is a Titanium Backup's feature not KMApp's.
If you wanto to see sdext free space you cannot use hybrid data2sd. Stay with app2sd or with standard data2sd instead.

RafayelG

Apr 1, 2011
Yerevan
Good job ;) i'm translating strings to dutch atm

Edit: Dutch strings.xml in attachments plz add to next version

Attachments

• stringsNL.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: andreapier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    this thread is to let you know about the development of KMApp.
    • What is it?
      It's an app that lets you manage some kernel settings without the need to use adb or manually create files. Everything is made with GUI!

• Who can use it?
      Users with custom kernel. It should work every custom kernel that supports init.d.
      For File System Conversion the kernel is required to support fs.convert method.

• What can it do for me?
      • File system conversion: choose between rfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, jfs type for every partition you have
      • Enable/Disable Swap script
      • Enable/Disable App2Sd script. It uses int2sd+ by croniccorey found here
      • Set Compcache behaviour
    • Does it support different languages?
      Yes, it can. If you want to provide translation please download this file from github sources.
    • Can i contribute in some way?
      Yes you can.
      Firstly, I'm looking for testers.
      Secondly, if you have graphic skills you can improve icons or completely redo them if you prefer.

This app has been tested a bit but i'm not going to give you any assurance it will work or it won't cause troubles. I strongly suggest you to have a full backup of apps, system partition and data before messing with it.
    If you are ready to take the risk, download the file at the bottom of the post and install it the way you like.
    If you find a bug please report it here, I'll try my best to fix.

TO ROM DEVS
    You are free to include this app into your rom but please warn your users to read this post to find useful information about bugs and updates.
    Even if a "Thanks" hit is free i really don't care to be credited. Just link here as i cannot answer to PMs from users that didn't even read this post.

CHANGELOG
    • V2.0 - Not released yet [Testing it, will release as soon as possible]
      • Completely reworked the code.
      • Major UI improvements.
      • Info section
      • FS Conversion
      • Int2SD
      • Swap
      • Compcache
      • Less features now supported but it is MUCH easier to port the app to different devices. So if you want to get the app you can download the app and try it. Or you can simply donate to me so that i can buy your phone! (joking)

• V1.4.1
      • fixed BLN enable/disable FC. I do not have a GT-I5800 so i cannot test if bln behaves correctly but the needed files now are copied as they should. Also, disabling it will restore your previous lights file.
      • options that cannot be set are now hidden. They become visible only once you can actually use them.
      • fixed some potential bugs. Now it's stronger then ever.
    • V1.4
      • Added support for configurable Compcache. Now you can specify the dimension. Of course this will work only if you are on G3mod kernel 2.2 +
      • Added support for BLN enabling/disabling
    • V1.3
      • Added support to move only user app's related dalvik-cache to sd with hybrid data2sd. This way your permormance should improve
      • Completely changed the way data2sd.dirs is created. Now it's faster (i mean, much faster) and you must not wait ages to un/check directories
      • Added translation - pt
      • Added file system conversion to jfs
      • Fixed some potential bugs
      • Finally fixed the bug that prevented to see checked directories in hybrid data2sd after a reboot... It was the most stupid bug i ever did, sorry! :confused: :D
    • V1.2
      • Added support for MultiOSData
      • Added support to compress data backups made with MultiOSData (will be available with G3Mod kernel v2.1 - not released yet)
      • Fixed bugs with fs detection - Now this should be error safe and way more solid
      • Fixed bug that prevented correct detection of dirs in hybrid data2sd
      • Added transaltions - en / it / pl / nl / de / hr
      • Better options detection and handling
      • Performance boost for hybrid data2sd settings - I hope this won't break it!
      • Fixed lot of typos
      • Other less important bug fixes
    • V1.1
      • GUI improvements
      • App2Sd now working
      • Data2Sd standard / hybrid now working
      • FS conversion should now support also jfs for fugumod (can't test it myself)
      • Improved settings reading at app starting
      • Other less important bug fixes
    • V1.0
      • Busybox and Root checks
      • File system conversion: rfs, ext2/3/4
      • Enable/Disable Swap script
      • Enable/Disable App2Sd script (V1, V2 and V3)
      • Enable/Disable Data2Sd
      • Enable/Disable Hybrid Data2Sd script (only with G3Mod kernel)
      • Set the Dynamic Overclock value (100-1400 MHz)

SCREENES
    screenshot1344792400769.png
    screenshot1344792411115.png

screenshot1344792420690.png
    screenshot1344792427088.png

screenshot1344792434445.png

DOWNLOADS

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE BEFORE RELEASE
    • Refactor and creation of missing error and notification messages
    • Refactor some little ugly code
    • Complete info section [Please suggest what you'd want to see there]
    • Some more testing
    • Icons and graphics

SOURCE CODE

CREDITS
    • Dympy: for making the G3mod app
    • Marcellusbe for fugumod kernel
    • G3Mod team for g3mod kernel
    • moikop for astrum kernel
    • Hillbeast for kyorakernel
    • Dharamg3 for his hard job
    • Kyrillos13 for his good swap script
    • TearsDontFalls and mankokoma for german translation
    • djmaxis for polish translation
    • zvonac99 and Mladen B. for croatian translation
    • RafayelG for nl translation
    • rjpalmeida88 for portuguese translation
    • If i forgot someone, PM me, i'll add you!
    Post the output of cat /data2sd.log and cat /sdcard/Android/data/g3mod/fs.data2sd
    Guys, V1.4 beta added in the first post.
    Make sure you read the first post and if you want to take the risk of installing a nuclear bomb in your phone, do it! I'll give a thank to every person here that does testing for me..
    Just to be clear: there should not be any risk of bricking your phone... maybe you get some FC or data loss in the worst case
    V 1.3 released, as always the changelog is in the forst post.
    This update is a littler than usual but anyways imposrtant.

I had to delete v1.2 in order to install this. I don't know why but it kept giving a FC as soon as i opened it and logcat gave a classCastException which of course was not appening for real.
    If this is appening to someone else, please report it so that i can inform users in the first post.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me in bug reporting until now, keep it on guys!
    Mind if I use this in Kyorarom?