[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2]NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES][D800][D801][D802][D803][LS980][VS980]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

moocamr

Dec 13, 2013
is pa 2/17 mini modular gapps compatible with this ?
sorry for foolish question !

puothy

Nov 28, 2012
Solid ROM

Just wanted to say thanks. ROM is solid and have only had minor odd issues (accidentally tapped power button few times in succession and froze then rebooted. Once it rebooted connecting to car bluetooth), but runs well and do not see a need to try any other AOSP ROM at this point! Only thing I have changed is loading the Stock LG Camera APK. Thanks again!

Reactions: Gandalf

paratox

Feb 18, 2010
is there a way to mod in-call volume for the possibility to lower it a bit more? maybe mixer_paths.xml editing?
at now it is too loud on lowest setting and not really much difference to full volume.

pcriz

So you can for instance take a pic using the regular camera, and in instagram open that photo up apply a filter and post it without it going entirely black or a third of the photo disappearing, while using both boxes checked under advanced features?

Nah bruh you're right. The photos I was thinking of were taken with my Note 2 running CM11 and posted later from the LG when they synced over my Google account. Not actually taken on the LG running 4.4 then posted from it. You're right.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Nah bruh you're right. The photos I was thinking of were taken with my Note 2 running CM11 and posted later from the LG when they synced over my Google account. Not actually taken on the LG running 4.4 then posted from it. You're right.

Hope one of the devs can take note of the issue.... it's a little annoying.

Reactions: pcriz

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
is pa 2/17 mini modular gapps compatible with this ?
sorry for foolish question !

any Gapps is compatible with this, but ymmv as always. Banks Gapps Core is the recommended Gapps as it is the most minimal/intrusive. You get the most from our ROM side.

A lot of Gapps packages will install the GoogleEditionLauncher, Google Camera and Gallery, and several other things.

Using Banks Gapps Core, if you install any Google Apps from the play store they will be in your /data partition.

If you use something say, PA 0-Day , which has more of the google apps, it will install them to your /system partition, saving space in /data.

While some users install hundreds of apps and stuff, they might run out of room ( this is pretty darn hard to achieve though) , so if you want more free space on your /data partition, you can use a more inclusive Gapps package.

Just wanted to say thanks. ROM is solid and have only had minor odd issues (accidentally tapped power button few times in succession and froze then rebooted. Once it rebooted connecting to car bluetooth), but runs well and do not see a need to try any other AOSP ROM at this point! Only thing I have changed is loading the Stock LG Camera APK. Thanks again!

actually, i was looking at that. how does it work?

is there a way to mod in-call volume for the possibility to lower it a bit more? maybe mixer_paths.xml editing?
at now it is too loud on lowest setting and not really much difference to full volume.

Hope one of the devs can take note of the issue.... it's a little annoying.

So you can for instance take a pic using the regular camera, and in instagram open that photo up apply a filter and post it without it going entirely black or a third of the photo disappearing, while using both boxes checked under advanced features?

I've posted on CM11 and PA

I still have issues with posted photos not taken with the instagram camera... but that's on all 4.4.2 ROMs I believe.

Instagram working as far as being able to post?

Feb 20th Build
Clean Flash
D801 Variant.

hmm, can you get me logcats?

That's cool!

Registered. If there is translation for Simplified Chinese, I'd like to take part~

i'll ask Evisceration to add it :good: always looking to expand our support and make this more user-friendly for all users :fingers-crossed:

nightlies broke because some upstream stuff was merged and i didn't know about it until after they started. i already fixed it, but i'm going to churn out a test build with louder speakerphone volume for in-calls

i'm still looking into the normal in-call volume issue where it's still pretty loud even at the lowest setting

any d803 users have status7 errors in recovery?

Hey Jake, i did flash lates with the gapps you recomended, but it did not fix the backup account for the playstore, password etc. Though just to let you know that the gapps are not the problem.

Keep it up mate

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

fixed :good:

Last edited:

puothy

Nov 28, 2012
any Gapps is compatible with this, but ymmv as always. Banks Gapps Core is the recommended Gapps as it is the most minimal/intrusive. You get the most from our ROM side.

A lot of Gapps packages will install the GoogleEditionLauncher, Google Camera and Gallery, and several other things.

Using Banks Gapps Core, if you install any Google Apps from the play store they will be in your /data partition.

If you use something say, PA 0-Day , which has more of the google apps, it will install them to your /system partition, saving space in /data.

While some users install hundreds of apps and stuff, they might run out of room ( this is pretty darn hard to achieve though) , so if you want more free space on your /data partition, you can use a more inclusive Gapps package.

actually, i was looking at that. how does it work?

hmm, can you get me logcats?

i'll ask Evisceration to add it :good: always looking to expand our support and make this more user-friendly for all users :fingers-crossed:

nightlies broke because some upstream stuff was merged and i didn't know about it until after they started. i already fixed it, but i'm going to churn out a test build with louder speakerphone volume for in-calls

i'm still looking into the normal in-call volume issue where it's still pretty loud even at the lowest setting

any d803 users have status7 errors in recovery?

fixed :good:

I prefer it to AOSP. You lose image stabilization, but I think it responds quicker than AOSP camera and since I have kids, the faster I can take a picture the better. It is not as good as it would be on Stock G2 ROM, but do think it is better. I have not liked any AOSP camera since ICS on my GNex. Once they moved onto 4.1, the camera sucked.

Louis235

Jan 14, 2013
Münsterland
I think about trying this ROM (would be the first AOSP based ROM since a very long time).
Short question: can I use most apps from Playstore or will I face many incompatibilities as it is 4.4.2? I only mean in general.
Thanks for your hard work:) and thanks for any possible answer.

Greets Michael

mademan420

Feb 22, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I think about trying this ROM (would be the first AOSP based ROM since a very long time).
Short question: can I use most apps from Playstore or will I face many incompatibilities as it is 4.4.2? I only mean in general.

Greets Michael

In general, I believe that some games are the only apps affected. I have about 60 apps(3 games) and I dont have any problems running any of them. This is BY FAR the BEST AOSP ROM(IMHO) I have run for this phone! Hope this helps:good:

Reactions: Louis235

AL_IRAQI

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393000324914.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393000324914.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: jamm513 and Gandalf

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia

Greets Michael

You'll be able to use *all* apps from the Play Store that are compatible with your device normally:D

Reactions: Louis235

DaveHTC200

Oct 2, 2008
You'll be able to use *all* apps from the Play Store that are compatible with your device normally:D

For some reason 'premier inn hotels' is not compatible, but was with another kit kat ROM?!

Any suggestions welcome :)

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Be more specific, i dont find it.

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Sorry I couldn't, I couldn't remember where it was :D

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

What is NamelessROM ?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own. See the screenshots in the 3rd post, and visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

NamelessROM Youtube
    For video reviews and stuff :highfive:

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @jakew02, @Evisceration or @jumoog for information

Help us translate!

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */
    Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
    NamelessROM Forums

Want support? Follow the instructions in the OP exactly as they are posted. Otherwise, don't bother me.

http://NamelessROM IRC
    Or from your IRC client:
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
    Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

I recommend using TWRP, which can be installed using Shellnut2's app, FreeGee, found here on the PlayStore -> FreeGee<--
    CWM seems to take EXTREMELY long to wipe /cache and /system, but not TWRP :good:

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!​

Banks' Google Camera 1-16 Also Works Awesome

Extras

I HIGHLY recommend using a third-party kernel control app for now, like TricksterMod if you want to alter any kernel settings :good:

Contributions and Credit
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • AOKP
    • SlimROMs
    • AOSPA
    • Android/Google/AOSP
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

here

Features List
    • NamelessROM Proprietary Features
      • NamelessROM Setup Wizard (replaces Google SetupWizard)
      • DeviceControl App - Allows for device-specific customizations
      • NamelessROM OTA Update Center
      • Fully Integrated KitKat White UI Theme
      • Advanced Device Information in Settings -> About Phone

• Interface Features
      • DarkToggle - TRDS
      • Animation Control
      • Custom Battery Icon Settings
      • Center Clock Setting
      • Custom Carrier Label
      • Signal Icon Settings
      • Network Activity Indicator
      • Network Speed Indicator
      • Notification Count in StatusBar
      • Double-Tap StatusBar to Sleep
      • Theme Chooser
      • Recents RAM Bar
      • Configurable / Hide-able ClearAll Button in Recents
      • Screen-Off Animations

• Notification Drawer Features
      • BrightnessSlider in Notification Drawer (see screenshots - like Stock ROMs)
      • Contextual Notification Panel Headers (notification header background image changes based on time of day)
      • Auto-Close Notification Drawer
      • Notification Drawer / Notification Transparency Settings
      • CM QuickToggles and Ribbons

• Lockscreen Features
      • Lockscreen Notifications
      • Lockscreen See-Through
      • QuickUnlock for PIN/Password Security Lockscreens
      • Battery Level Around UnlockRing
      • Carousel Animation for Lockscreen Widgets
      • Custom Lockscreen Widgets

• Sound Features
      • Audio Themes - (will be grayed out until SoundPackages are placed in proper directory on SD Card!!!)
      • QuietHours
      • Charging Sounds

• Dialer Features
      • Non-Intrusive InCallUI
      • Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
      • Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
      • Reverse Lookup
      • Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)

• Button Features
      • Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
      • Reorient Volume Buttons on rotation
      • Keyboard Cursor Control with Volume Buttons
      • Volume Button Wake
      • Screenshot / Screenrecord PowerMenu options
    screenshots added 02/04/2014
    we lost a server through some unfortunate events, so until we get our other server reconfigured to build all the devices' nightlies, we are temporarily suspending nightlies.

i'm expecting to be back up building nightlies tomorrow-ish , but NO PROMISES.

but when nightlies do start back up, in-call volume is fixed, it changes steps better and the lowest isn't ear-breaking loud anymore, thanks to @Savoca for the heads up :good:
    Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I will no longer be developing with NamelessROM due to personal reasons. For the time-being I will still maintain this thread and provide support, however I am desperately seeking a replacement developer or supremely knowledgeable enthusiast to take over maintainance of the LG G2 repositories for NamelessROM.

Please send me a PM if you are interested *and have the time, dedication, and knowledge*.

I will be continuing work on my other project here.

Thanks, and it was a pleasure working with you all to make this great ROM even better :highfive:

--- Jake