[25/03/11]XDAndroid - Topaz [2.2.2][FRX06 Final]

Search This thread

FRD666

Apr 5, 2009
Again Better Calibration Values

Because you gave me a challenge (and I like challenges :p ), I tried to improve the calibration and with a few calculations and trials (testing with stylus and virtual keyboard) I managed to improve it with the following values (for Topaz that is :) )
Code:
msmts_calib=0x395.0x3e6.0x79.0x94
If I use these values, the calibration is almost perfect!
but I guess the ratio isn't perfect because the calibration is perfect at the right side of the screen, but at the left side there is a little error (but it's negligible :) if I would find even better values, I will post it )

maybe it would be good to include it in the DEFAULT.TXT of the next build ;)

I revised my y-values of the calibration for Topaz!
The values were accurate for the keyboard, but the statusbar on the top wasn't good accessible with those y-values, so i changed the ratio a little and pulled my y-value downwards :)
The new values that are give a perfect* calibration are
Code:
msmts_calib=[B]0x395.0x3d5.0x79.0xa0[/B]

*Disclaimer: those values are perfect on my screen, I don't promise they are on your screen :p but I'm pretty sure they will be better :)

Last edited:

XxKILLx3RxX

Apr 27, 2008
will it be possible to shut off the lcd in future builds? because I have android on my htc wizard and it also can't turn off the lcd (and it's been around for quite some time unless its too old for people to get android working perfectly.)

vaniljbulle

Aug 6, 2009
Great job on fixing Android before X-Mas! Didn´t really belive you could do it but i´m glad you proved me wrong. Keep up the good work and a nice donation will end up on your paypal as soon as my economy catches up with my lifestyle =)

Merry Christmas from Ludvika, Sweden!

vicbush

May 15, 2008
Hey guys, here's a few Rhodium updates.

I have the keyboard working with quirks. I'm still working on the keymappings, some keys need switched around yet.

Right now, I don't know the GPIO for the keyboard slider IRQ. For what I can gather it is registered with 27; however, 27 is the irq for keyboard keypresses. (the system froze when I tried it).

In the meantime, I've used the stylus removal detection (GPIO 37) to act as the "keyboard slider". So basically: Stylus removed = keyboard slid (landscape mode). Stylus inserted = keyboard in (portrait mode).

Also, some things with button keymappings:
GPIO 18 is for the END key.
GPIO 39 is for VOL UP button
GPIO 40 is for VOL DOWN button
GPIO 83 is for POWER button

GPIO 27 is the keyboard keypress IRQ as mentioned before. The send key, the windows key, and the back key are all controlled through here (as far as I can tell). I should be able to map these three keys through regular keyboard mapping (I got the send key to work anyway).

Haven't messed with the keyboard backlight yet.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll have the keyboard mappings nearly complete and I can release a zImage for testing. Off to bed for now though... :cool:

Couple questions real quick: my device is a RHOD400 (CDMA, US Cellular). Are there going to be major differences between this and other models? Also, is anyone else working on Rhodium kernels?

std396

Jan 11, 2009
LAS VEGAS
Freezing

is anyone else having freezing problems when messing with the calibration settings? ive had to reboot 4 times completely, and it messed my rom up.
Not hateing though very please with this work... thank you very much! Im heading over to paypal guys... very nice work.

Guys! sorry for the question. I know where shadowlines paypal is, but can you please post the paypal link for the other developers involved?
Like Cr2 and the other two guys. thanks!

Happy Holidays!!!

Last edited:

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007
Couple questions real quick: my device is a RHOD400 (CDMA, US Cellular). Are there going to be major differences between this and other models?

As far as what the buttons are, yes. If you look up the AT&T Touch Pro2 (Tilt 2), you'll see that the top row isn't numbers, but symbols. You need to hit a Fn to key to access the numbers. I think AT&T's version is furthest from the rest of them, but I don't know what model it is

Personally, I'm on Sprint, and my model is RHOD400 as well. Here is a picture of the keyboard layout

lyazide

Oct 13, 2008
What about adding an android section

Hi, what about adding a new section :
xda-developers > Topaz > Topaz Android development

This thread is growing very fast and it is not always easy to find what we want.

Ludacrisvp

Dec 13, 2008
MN
Hey guys, here's a few Rhodium updates.
Couple questions real quick: my device is a RHOD400 (CDMA, US Cellular). Are there going to be major differences between this and other models?

There are minor keyboard differences from carrier to carrier.
here are the layouts I can find

AT&T is nothing like any of the other ones

Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile all share the FN button in the same location
Unbranded has a CTRL button in the FN spot and FN next to it
ATT has swapped Shift with FN

Power button layouts are different too, the button on top of the screen
on VZW is not a power button but more of a backlight/sleep button
The power button is long press of end key

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful

Unbranded - RHOD?00
geardiary_htc_touch_pro2_14-456x500.jpg

T-Mobile - RHOD?00
htc-touch-pro2.jpg

Sprint - RHOD400
sprint-touch-pro-2-itw-sprintusers.jpg

Verizon - RHOD500
tp2_open-500x426.jpg

AT&T - RHOD?00
htc-tilt-2-580x482.jpg

Last edited:

ljex

Feb 23, 2007
Prešov
" Failed to alocate the storage
bin/sh: can't access tty; job control off"

It shows me this error when i try to install any of android version....I have 4GB SDHC card FAT32 formatted. Any suggestions? Thnax.

HTC Touch Freak

Jul 22, 2008
CO
Topic Stuck for the time being
Thank you very much for doing that. Much appreciated.

Hi, what about adding a new section :
xda-developers > Topaz > Topaz Android development

This thread is growing very fast and it is not always easy to find what we want.
I wanted to ask of this aswell but didn't want to push my luck. I did get it to get stickied though. ;)

It would be great to have a seperate section dedicated to Topaz Android Develpment. That way individual problems could be posted and fixed in their own threads and it will be easier to find all and any information that is available. Plus this thread will be less cluttered with this problem and that problem and multiple 'how about this' questions. It would allow this thread to be the Go To thread for different working builds and to see progress. Leave it mainly for the Devs. Uncluttered so they could communicate and find stuff between eachother faster.

Perfect example is the rest of my post. I seperate thread would be dedicated to this and it would leave this thread clear. ;)

Back on topic now. I have 2 SD cards. One with 1.6 and the other with 2.0.1.

I am haveing data issues with1.6. Obviously 2.0.1 data doesn't work. Not asking fo a quick fix here but just giving out some information on my findings. I'm using T-Mo US, Topaz, Android 1.6, edge (no 3G).

After wiping my memory card and re-formatting it again just to be sure I re-downloaded 1.6 from post #4. Booted into Andriod. The Edge icon with 2 grey arrows appeared like usual. My APN settings were already in the device. Some of you have to manually put yours in but it reads the settings of my network I presume. Just like the Topaz does with WinMo.

Well I made a new APN with internet2.voicestream.com. Saved the settings and the Edge Icon went away so I wandered over to Menu>Settings>About Phone>Status. There I found battery info, signal strength, network type, ect. Under Mobile Network State it says connecting...... then after a while the Edge Icon appeared and the Status said Connected. Go to Airplane mode via Power Button Long Press. Service and the Mobile State is Disconnected. Turn Airplane Mode off and everything connects again. Web Doesn't work.

I go to the browser and nothing. :( Bummer. I go back to APN settings and select the default APN, epc.tmobille.com and do the same as above. Nothing changes. I then make two more APN's that T-mo uses. Internet3.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com and nothing works. For the fun of it it tried another APN that was already loaded in the phone. It's named TelKila. I enable that and nothing happens. But what strikes me as odd is that it says that Data is connected in the .......>About Phone>Status menue. Weird right. That has nothing to do with T-Mo.

I made a random, 'fake,' APN and the same thing. The Edge Icon appears Status goes from Disconected to conecting to conected and nothing happens.
Very frustrating if you ask me. Another thing I noticed is that in 2.0.1 my network shows up as T-Mobile and in 1.6 it shows as T-Mobile#@.

I have tried everything there is to try. I have deleted the ppp.apn.xxx txt in default.txt. (all 3 ppp.xxx.xxx in there) I have tried to leave them in. (Filled out with the APN info of course.) Why is this so retarded. It works for everyone else. Even some with a TP2 on T-Mo US but not me. :(

I hope this info of it showing as connected with any APN I use helps. I hope my description is good enough and not complicated. I wish I knew so more about programming and Linux/Android so I could help myself and others but I do not.

If it's of any help I have the $10.99 Web2go Plan. It changed when I changed my service plan and data jumped from $5.99 T-zones to $10.99 Web2go. (essentially the same thing) I have had full web with on old Moto slvr, HTC Touch, and the Topaz using either epc.tmobile.com, internet2.voicestream.com, or wap.tzones.com.

Wap.tzones.com is the only one that uses the proxy 216.155.165.50 and port 8080. The others do not. And yes I have treid putting the proxy and port numbers in aswell.

I guess that I will head to a T-Mobile store (if it stops snowing. A White Christmas for Colorado. :)) and ask to put my SIM in a Mytouch or G1 and see if I get connection using the various APN settings with my current data plan. I doubt I'm having issues because of the data plan I have because it works with WinMo. No way I'm paying $25 for the exact same thing.

Last edited:

sentinel79

Jan 13, 2008
This Rhodium stuff should be in a different forum ... I'm sure the devs here can devote a little time on your own thread but this seems a bit off topic for Topaz users.

HTC Touch Freak

Jul 22, 2008
CO
This Rhodium stuff should be in a different forum ... I'm sure the devs here can devote a little time on your own thread but this seems a bit off topic for Topaz users.

Yes. I too think Rhodium Useres should ask this stuff on their own thread. Get Conversation moving over there. Just replying to this post is wasted space in itself. People should use common sense. Not that my post above uses any.

Yes. I too think Rhodium Useres should ask this stuff on their own thread. Get Conversation moving over there. Just replying to this post is wasted space in itself. People should use common sense. Not that my post above uses any.

Thing is, at this point asking for simple fixes here is actually a good idea, The devices are soo similiar that is why the fixes are easy for now and our devs aren't in the rhodium forum so how will they be known about or even done? But as long as the thread doesn't get flooded with it I say let it be.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Latest Releases for 1.6 and 2.0.1
Android 2.0.1
Package date: December 21st 2009
Build Eclair 2.0.1
zImage by "markinus" from post 602
Follow instructions above to install and run.
Android 1.6
Package date: December 21st 2009
Build Dounut 1.6 (From Blackstone Android Builds)
zImage by "mweirauch" from post 530
Follow instructions above to install and run.

Mirror on
BeeGee's Topaz Disk Station (user xda password xda)
and
BeeGee's Topaz File Mirror
and
BeeGee's Topaz FTP server (user xda password xda)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Bundles and EXT2

New and updated bundles and system.ext2 for your enjoyment! Bundles are noob freindly, just extract bundles to sdcard and run haret.exe in the andboot folder from winmo. Bundles have the latest rootfs, zimage and modules, and latest system.ext2 i made from xdandroid git.:p

Froyo Bundle
    http://www.mediafire.com/?i12lbj2t3ixh7cg
    Froyo System.ext2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?995kqe7294az86g
    Gingerbread Bundle
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m9jxqwsbr36cexd
    Gingerbread System.ext2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?47ulbvd9bacwdof
    To inform all that there are some breakthrough on camera and some fixes on battery drain, so expect in following days/weeks all of that working ;) and after that we could hopefully go on nand development ;)

P.S.: And gingerbread is going also well so expect that too
    Updated package

Due to glemsoms autobuild service being offline, here an updated build as attachment. Usable for any of our devices. Diam, Raph, Kovs, Black, Rhod and Topa.

Included is this commit.

Have fun.
    Michael
    Xdandroid bundles

Hey everyone! For all you noobs to xdandroid out there, here are some links to 100% noob friendly bundles! These were made from Xdandroid source repositories that I synced and compiled today. These bundles have the latest Rootfs, Zimage and modules, and system.ext2 files, as well as startup.txt and tscalibration for Topaz devices (will work with other supported devices with different startup.txt and tscalibration) All you have to do is extract the file to sdcard, then run haret.exe in /andboot folder. That is it, Enjoy!

Froyo Bundle: (FRX05-2.2.2 with camera)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ek8lce5c3mlsr54

Gingerbread Bundle (2.3.3 with Camera)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cmqrltml8h7skfk
    How to install Fx04

Hello guys!

I'm having a little hard time understanding all the steps of installing the newest XDAndroid. I have done this once and now I've forgotten it, and since I did there are som new versions out and I want to test the latets FRX04. And there are so many pages in this thread now and I'm not totally getting the step-by-stepguide thanks to my English reading level.

So, I want to do a complete new install of android, format my card and then do it fresh. But what packages should I download? I just know about the kernel, rootfs and system, but what about all the other "system files?". I just dont get it and I have tried to look around in all the threads now. I would appreciate a complete step-by-step-guide :)

Thanks!

Its simple, here's how you install,

1) first get the bundle package from the first page- September 17th 2010 Build Froyo 2.2

http://htcandroid.xland.cz/XDANDROID.2.2.AOSP.FRX01.17.09.10.UPDATE_PACKAGE.7z

2) then get System package - FRX04 Final NEW:

http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX04.ext2.zip

unzip both folders , and copy the system.ext2 from the fx04 folder to
    the bundle package folder, overwrite the file.

3) get the latest root file from this link -
    http://files.xdandroid.com/rootfs/ i.e. rootfs-20110123-5cafe3f.zip Jan 23

-rename the file, rootfs-20110123-5cafe3f.img to just rootfs.img
    -copy and overwrite the rootfs file in your bundle folder, it should be named andboot.

4) Get the latest available version from this link -
    http://files.xdandroid.com/initramfs/
    i.e. initrd-20100813-b11116a.gz

5) download the latest kernel from this link-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=869992

Latest Kernel
    Commit# 1253
    Kernel: zImage-2.6.27.46-01253-gd53ddf6
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u7i17okoxz2u96y

rename the zImage-2.6.27.46-01253-gd53ddf6 to just zimage and overwrite the zimage file in your andboot folder.

Modules: modules-2.6.27.46-01253-gd53ddf6.tar.gz
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pdaequm74tmoday

delete these from your andboot folder and copy the one you downloaded, the newer one.

The structure of your andboot should be somewhat given below-:D

/Storage Card/ or /sdcard/andboot

/AndroidApps/
    /conf/
    /media/
    /STARTUP CONFIG/
    /startup.txt
    (you will get this file from your startup folder, if your device is topaz get that)
    set ramsize 0x10000000
    set ramaddr 0x10000000
    set mtype 2293
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline "lcd.density=240 pmem.extra=1 msmvkeyb_toggle=off msmts_calib=0x395.0x3d5.0x79.0xa0 sensor=topaz gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 rel_path=andboot"
    boot
    /haret.exe
    /initrd.gz
    /rootfs.img
    /system.ex2
    /zImage

Running Android:

Browse to your storage card and open/run the file Haret.exe
    On the first boot android will ask you to tap 5 white dots for touchscreen calibration
    Wait for Android to be completely up and running

After you have logged in explore and set your options and creation of your data.img would take some time, and confirm if you have the wifi error.

give your feedback

hope it helps.