[Morph or Flash] Pervert Power [03-29]

Search This thread

MFK DGAF

Nov 9, 2009
DON'T change the name of the MORPH
I didn't rename it. I didnt do anything except download it and put it on my sd card. But what is weird is when i view my sd card through windows explorer the name is fine but when i view it through metamorph or astro there is a ._ in front of the name and i try to delete it but nothing happens

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
I didn't rename it. I didnt do anything except download it and put it on my sd card. But what is weird is when i view my sd card through windows explorer the name is fine but when i view it through metamorph or astro there is a ._ in front of the name and i try to delete it but nothing happens
Try re-downloading and placing in /sdcard/AndroidThemes (note: case sensitve)

webarnes

Mar 27, 2010
and it semi works.. the locked screen has the black areas around the dots gone ie *the code lock paint file" but for some reason the center is still there which should be transparent in the jog dial dimple dim file..

anyone care to look at it and see if you can find the problem.
i am applying the patch to cyanogen 5.0.5.3 with metamorph
thanks in advance

It could be that the lockscreen is made up of actual button controls with the lock images underneath. btn_circle_normal looks promising, but I tried changing it with no luck. And if that were the case, I doubt you could change it without having invisible buttons all over the place.

Still, the little dots are better than the original big ones.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
If you want to get rid of the unlock pattern images then make the following transparent:
indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up.png
indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_red_up.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_red.png
indicator_input_error.png

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
that is not correct the indicator_code_loc_point_area_green and red are the 2 files that come up when you slide to unlock
with a pattern so as i said b4 i dont want to get rid of those..

the others also have nothing to do with the pattern lock screen except the
indicator_code_lock_point_area_default which i mention previously and i have already
made transparent.

there still is the small/grey/white circle in the middle not handled by the files you mention that should be the jog dial.. but it doesn work

ie see attached pict:
cap.gif

Last edited:

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
thanks a million.

however, looking at that file it gets rid of too much also.. i want the items to show when i drag.. ie red/green but nothing when the screen is locked.. that file removes everything
however, it pointed to my problem it is not the jog file that needed to be replaced but the btn_code_lock_default.png

so i made a new patch that replaces both of the correct items and now the pattern lock screen is clear.. except for the message at the top that says draw a pattern to unlock, and when drawing/draging it does show which is what i want.

also put back the jog dial to normal since i nuked it earlier (always good to ftp a backup of framework-res.apk off the phone b4 mucking with it which is what i did earlier.. otherwise you will be nandrestoring and starting over)

ie

D:\android\hack>unzip -v clear_lock.zip
Archive: clear_lock.zip
Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name ("^" ==> case
------ ------ ---- ----- ---- ---- ------ ---- conversion)
0 Stored 0 0% 11-21-09 02:06 00000000 ^.nomedia
0 Stored 0 0% 03-28-10 23:35 00000000 ^framework-res/res/
0 Stored 0 0% 03-28-10 23:42 00000000 ^framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/
69 Stored 69 0% 03-27-10 23:28 c8f96bb2 clear_lock.thm
432 Stored 432 0% 03-29-10 11:33 66255acb framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
3770 Stored 3770 0% 03-29-10 18:45 0ae51462 framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/jog_dial_dimple_dim.png
3017 Stored 3017 0% 03-29-10 17:22 c723200d framework-res/res/draw
able-hdpi/btn_code_lock_default.png
------ ------ --- -------
7288 7288 0% 7

D:\android\hack>

so to sum up this is a metemorph patch file that makes the lock screen transparent when you have a pattern set (ie no 3 rows of dots), but does show the dots and lines and messages when you drag/draw.

The other one (perverts) is for a transparent lock screen WITHOUT a pattern set.. ie drag right to unlock.

Attachments

• clear_lock.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

MFK DGAF

Nov 9, 2009
i got it working last night. I really love this how ever is there a way to make it that when someone calls the tabs aren't transparent also?

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
i got it working last night. I really love this how ever is there a way to make it that when someone calls the tabs aren't transparent also?

I don't think there is a way to do that. I wish there was.

yes there is a way .. use my patch and set a pattern for lock, the lock screen will be transparent and the tabs will still be there when you get a call.

MFK DGAF

Nov 9, 2009
I tried on both versions and this is how both look

desktopnexus.png

The circles are there but at least to me it looks like you have to click on the buttons to either answer or decline the phone call. But is it possible to put the tabs back in there? I was thinking that you might have to edit an XML file and tell the operating system to use X.png and Y.png for the tabs to answer and decline phone calls and then make a copy of the stock left and right tabs rename then X.pgn and Y.png and place them in the /framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi folder.

So that way the operating system uses the transparent tabs for the welcome screen and uses the stock tabs for the call answer/decline screen.

I dont know much about how the programing works for Android but i'm just assuming it would work like that. Otherwise is I did I would edit my self but I dont know coding either.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
I tried on both versions and this is how both look

The circles are there but at least to me it looks like you have to click on the buttons to either answer or decline the phone call. But is it possible to put the tabs back in there? I was thinking that you might have to edit an XML file and tell the operating system to use X.png and Y.png for the tabs to answer and decline phone calls and then make a copy of the stock left and right tabs rename then X.pgn and Y.png and place them in the /framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi folder.

So that way the operating system uses the transparent tabs for the welcome screen and uses the stock tabs for the call answer/decline screen.

I dont know much about how the programing works for Android but i'm just assuming it would work like that. Otherwise is I did I would edit my self but I dont know coding either.

I don't know the first thing about coding, so I wouldn't know where to begin in adding functionality to it. In theory, it should be possible, and probably isn't even that hard, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

NewMan4Life2010

Mar 16, 2010
OMAHA,NE
Hi MFK DGAF, Please tell me how you got it like that. I want my lock seen to be transparent but want my call answer and decline sceen to look like that.

Last edited:

jhankinson

Dec 10, 2009
Thank you for the clear lock screen. I especially like the one for the 3x3 buttons posted by lgkahn on page 3. I have been looking for that for a while now. Now my live wallpapers can show through and I can still secure my phone. Great work david1171 and lgkahn!

DevinLeFevere

Well every time I try to apple either MM my phone reboots and nothing. Should I not be applying all?

Also on Droid with 2.1 if that helps. Both zips reboot my phone.

2ND EDIT: Didn't work on Adamz's ROM. I installed UD V.90 and it works great.

Last edited:

noShame

Jan 11, 2010
Great thanks guys!

I used the .zip that david1171 posted on page 3 and it works like a charm hiding the 3x3 unlock grid.

But for future reference, how would I go about to bring it back to stock? (If i ever would want to do that?) Push the images from another rom? If yes, what folders/images?