Help! No sound after ICS update

Search This thread

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Try hard resets or reflash. For me, I found the sound controlls to be the problem, so check audio isn't switched off in some weird way under settings, sound, vollume.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Xda Premium. Long live the Galaxy S! :)

Thor_Asgard

Apr 19, 2008
Tours
I've tryed fast reboot app (on google play) this week end, but it didn't helped !
Every day, I still have the issue !!!! Really annoying !

chepeliyas

Jul 12, 2010
San Salvador
I think I will finally root my Transformer to try another Rom, to see if this problem stops. Any Rom recommendation?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
I think I will finally root my Transformer to try another Rom, to see if this problem stops. Any Rom recommendation?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

This is the only real way. I would go for CM10 nightly unofficial by RaymanFX (a name like that anyway) very high up in the development section for our device.

If default kernel, which already has fixes, does not work, try KAT with lidpatch.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Xda Premium. Long live the Galaxy S! :)

Thor_Asgard

Apr 19, 2008
Tours
There is finnaly a solution for this issue.
You can use K.A.T. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1841851)
With this software, you can reinit the DSP Manager, and have the sound back without reboot !
It save my life :)
The only thing is it works well with CM10, rooted. I don't think it will work with stock ROM.
In your case, you seems already to be with CM10, no pb :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do believe it is ics firmware issue, Tf201 get fix with lastest build so I hope Tf101 get fix too.
    sound issues

I am a reseller for Asus and I have received a large number of calls relating to this sound issue. I know it is not isolated because of the sheer number of customers having the issue. I have reported the issue to Asus and they have not been much help at all. The sound will randomly cut out (mostly when headphones are plugged in or unplugged but not always) and it will only come back with a reboot. The most common situation is when someone has sound, plugs in headphones and hears nothing. They then unplug the headphones and still no sound. Volume is all the way up and there is no indication that any headphones are plugged into the tablet but still no sound. Again, the only solution I have found so far is a reboot; however, I would like a more permanent solution. I can provide a logcat to anyone who can provide assistance on the issue. This sound issue has been a nightmare!