[ROM] *Unofficial* 4.2.2 CarbonDev Rom from source using gcc 4.7

Search This thread

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Hey Houston running pa build and loving it!!!! Have had not problems crept for the hw overlay thing which real isnt a problem just thought I'd try this carbon and see how it is too thanks for the info about flashing it I was going to go through the whole kdz thing again

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

I updated the first post a bit to clear up the pre-requisites.
Again, if you're running CM10.1 by chadouming, or AOKP/CM/PA by Houstonn all you need is a wipe and install!
Cheers and looking forward to some more feedback!

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Just clean wipe factory reset. You should be good to go

I'll have a zip soon so no kdzing probably tmrw.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for helping out the thread Houstonn!

FYI, I'm currently testing V2 with latest commits from CarbonDev and houcha kernel.
I'll update links after I use it for a day or two.

Last edited:

H4xz3n

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Alright, so I installed this ROM and have had it running smoothly for 3 days now.

I have the E973 and I had recently been running just stock ota that I reverted back to a week ago.

So it does work on the latest OTA or kdz, I was already rooted and freegee'd.
Here are the steps I took to flash using twrp:
Factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe Dialvik
Wipe System
Installed ROM
Flashed banks gapps 4.2.2 (found in chads cm 10.1 thread)
Reboot, then set all my settings in ROM
Rebooted to recovery
Flashed bell ICS modem from Houston (to fix annoying call ended bug)

Haven't had any issues so far 3 days strong.
Thanks Paulicat

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Alright, so I installed this ROM and have had it running smoothly for 3 days now.

I have the E973 and I had recently been running just stock ota that I reverted back to a week ago.

So it does work on the latest OTA or kdz, I was already rooted and freegee'd.
Here are the steps I took to flash using twrp:
Factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe Dialvik
Wipe System
Installed ROM
Flashed banks gapps 4.2.2 (found in chads cm 10.1 thread)
Reboot, then set all my settings in ROM
Rebooted to recovery
Flashed bell ICS modem from Houston (to fix annoying call ended bug)

Haven't had any issues so far 3 days strong.
Thanks Paulicat

Thanks a lot for the update, glad its working well for you!
I'm going to try to get in touch with Houstonn regarding the modem issue.
The jb modem I linked in the first post seems to work fine, but the jb modem from houstonns thread has the call ended bug.
I was certain the modem files from my first post were also from Houstonn so I don't know what the difference is just yet.

Im testing an updated rom with latest commits from CarbonDev and latest houcha kernel.
I'll upload and update the first post on Tuesday.

H4xz3n

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Heya Pauli I just noticed a weird thing on the lock screen, it says +blank and i cant get rid of it, here is a screenshot uploadfromtaptalk1369021058555.jpg

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
gonna try this :)

Hey there, thanks for the reply in the other thread.

The main feature for me is bluetooth sound. I keep flashing until I find a rom with working (for me) bluetooth sound. I seem to be one of the two people that post regarding this issue. :) it did seem to work on AOKP, I did not hear the screetching sound..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41253976&postcount=1267

here's a link to the sound it makes.

I still have the issue here (carbon) weird...

:)

Edit :

everything else is working fine. I also wonder if it's device specific. I have an unlocked bell e973 (using it on telus network). Everyone else does not have this problem. Only one other user.

Last edited:

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
First post updated with new V2 build!
Its mostly just a sync update with CarbonDev and houcha sources.
I've been running it since last week and its all good so far.
Try it out and let me know!

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Anyone else having issues accessing d-h.st? I keep getting "host unavailable" errors.

Sent through the magic of an LG Optimus G (E971) running RootBox 4.2.2.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Got a report that Hangouts video calls isn't working, tested on my own and it's definitely not working so I'll look into it!

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
V2 working great on my e973. Thanks very much for the great rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well after much internal thought I decided to release a CarbonDev rom with Houcha kernel I built from source.
    I used Haze028's guide along with great help from chadouming for device/vendor/houcha kernel work.
    I have tried upgrading the kernel using the releases in the houcha kernel thread, that works to keep up to date on kernel changes.
    Its built and tweaked for Canadian E971-E973 so thats all I can confirm working.
    Its very stock except I chose to use Novalauncher as this is my own launcher of choice.
    I baked in AwesomeBeats (credits to pimp my rom) for some quality sound as using dspmanager wasn't working for me at all.
    As far as I know, everything is working, I tested all main functions as best I can but I'm sure someone will find something that's not working.
    If you do, let me know about it here and I'll try to fix it.
    Thanks to everyone I mentioned and anyone I forgot who helped along the way!

P.S If you're running CM10.1 or Houstonns AOKP/CM/PA, you can install this without KDZ'ing, just wipe data/factory reset/dalvik and install.
    Otherwise you will likely have to KDZ to the first Freegee able kdz.
    If someone wants to test please do and let me know!

Some highlights I didn't mention:
    Automatic Zip aligning
    Using houcha built in opensourced mpdecision and thermald (binaries for these two are fully removed from filesystem).
    <update> ONLY ICS modem working, modem files I had were both ICS. </update>
    I setup a "tweaks" (look for "kerneltweaks" file in /system/etc/init.d) file for colour settings and for setting your own governor and io scheduler at boot (I don't like using the Performance Control gui for setting at boot, I use it just to monitor settings).
    Colour settings are active but the governor and io are remmed out. The governor io scheduler settings that are remmed out are what I use.

Download V1 here:
    http://d-h.st/d4L

Download V2 here, fixed Hangout video call crash:
    http://d-h.st/m4O

For manual fix, put this file in /system/lib/soundfx (replacing existing file) to fix Hangout video call crash. V2 fixed rom uploaded.
    http://d-h.st/Yxy

Modem links removed because I found out they are were both the same ICS modem just renamed. Sorry for the confusion.
    First post updated with new V2 build!
    Its mostly just a sync update with CarbonDev and houcha sources.
    I've been running it since last week and its all good so far.
    Try it out and let me know!
    First post updated, Hangouts video call crash fixed in a new V2 rom, plus a manual fix to prevent having to reload the entire rom.
    I am running it on an AT&T e970, and everything is working perfectly. Looking forward to a resync and update. There are some minor settings commits on carbons github that have been updated since you released. I have not run into any issues. Everything is working perfectly fine. Thanks for the great rom.
    Hey Pauli, a little off topic but I was just wondering if you use cwm or twrp and if you use cwm which version and where do you get it? Thanks

I use cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip from kenteks thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2125998