MLB At Bat 12 problem

Search This thread

crizolli

Sep 2, 2011
Boston
Hey,

I bought the MLB At Bat 12 app, in order to watch games with my MLB.tv subscription.

The Note is in the compatible devices list, but I can't see the Video option.

Anyone has faced the same problem? Could it be that MLB only supports the AT&T version of the Note?

Thanks!

Edit:

MLB heard us and the International Note, AKA GT-N7000 is now a fully supported device.
Live games are working great.

Cheers!

Last edited:

lamou1nr

Dec 23, 2010
Petoskey
Hey,

I bought the MLB At Bat 12 app, in order to watch games with my MLB.tv subscription.

The Note is in the compatible devices list, but I can't see the Video option.

Anyone has faced the same problem? Could it be that MLB only supports the AT&T version of the Note?

Thanks!

There is no live feed during spring training, only radio.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

crizolli

Sep 2, 2011
Boston
You mean on the app?

'Cause they are streaming 150 Spring Training games. As a matter of fact, I'm watching a Red Sox game on my PS3 right now.

lamou1nr

Dec 23, 2010
Petoskey
Yes on the app. On opening day the app will update and video will be available.

DMax99

Aug 30, 2010
spring training videos are available on the streaming option. it works on my galaxy tab 10. however, I same facing the same problem on my note where there is no video icon to click on. I have already contacted MLB.TV. they say they will look into the problem and then get back to me. I suspect that the galaxy note they have on that list is the American version.

lamou1nr

Dec 23, 2010
Petoskey
spring training videos are available on the streaming option. it works on my galaxy tab 10. however, I same facing the same problem on my note where there is no video icon to click on. I have already contacted MLB.TV. they say they will look into the problem and then get back to me. I suspect that the galaxy note they have on that list is the American version.

I have specifically read that you will not be able to watch on cellphones. I'll try to find it for you tomorrow.

crizolli

Sep 2, 2011
Boston
I looked around and couldn't find anything saying that. I'll né gratefull if you could fid out querendo you saw that.

I've also contacted MLB suport, but they haven't answered back yet.

skippee

Mar 22, 2012
mlb on droid

I have a HTC Inspire which I had MLB At Bat 12 installed and it DOES offer games during spring training. I know because I was watching them up until I rooted the phone and installed a custom rom (RCmix), reinstalled mlb at bat 12 and now I do NOT have the video option.

crizolli

Sep 2, 2011
Boston
MLB support has been a dead end. They don't even know what I'm talking about.

This is very frustrating, I was really hoping some games when not at home.

nighthawk101

May 18, 2009
I'm having similar issues on both my Asus Transformer and Galaxy SII. Hopefully, as someone mentioned earlier, the video will be available on mobile devices on opening day.

volklaero

Mar 31, 2012
Portland, OR
mlb at bat/gummy rom issue

I have been watching spring training games on my paid subscription of mlb at bat on stock rom/rooted droid 4. Since I flashed gummy rom this morning, I get a video error message saying it cannot load the video. I can hear about 3 seconds of announcer audio although the screen is black and then i get the error.

Im assuming its a clash with gummy, but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or has a fix to make at bat gummy compatable.

Does at bat video streaming work with other custom roms?

thanks!

blek42

Jul 4, 2011
Anyone having any luck getting the video icon to show up on a tablet/phone?

PLEASE PRESS THE THANK BUTTON IF THIS HELPS YOU!

YES!! I got this to work last year by editing the build.prop file to make my HTC HD2 running android look like a Nexus S. I even had fun with it so the market reports my phone as an HTC Nexus S.

I downloaded At Bat 12 in Feb. and the spoof still worked.

I just upgraded my phone to an HTC Sensation XE. he video icon was hidden on my new phone because it too is not officially supported.

I edited the build.prop on my new phone similarly and like magic, At Bat 12 shows the video icon now.

Here's how to do it:
0. Go to system settings->applications and clear data for At Bat 12
1. Using an app like Root Explorer, navigate to system->build.prop
2. Make sure you have r/w access and long press build.prop file to open in text editor
3. Scan build.prop file and make:
ro.product.model=Nexus S
(there may be 2 ro.product.model lines that need to be changed
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
NOTE: These are the most important lines to change. If these don't work by themselves you can also make:
---OPTIONAL---
ro.product.brand=HTC_wwe
ro.product.name=yakjuxw
ro.product.device=maguro

4. Save build.prop file and open again to verify that changes were made. If your changes are not there, check that you are in r/w mode and repeat from step 1.

5. restart your phone, open At Bat 12 and reenter your account details.

Let me know if this helps you. If it does not, let the forum know and we can work out the kinks. This method works for sure... no exceptions.

For those of you who think MLB will somehow rescue your video capabilities on opening day..... IF YOU CAN'T STREAM VIDEO DURING SPRING TRAINING, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STREAM VIDEO ON OPENING DAY!! I highly recommend editing your build.prop.

Last edited:

jaypeezee

Aug 16, 2008

YES!! I got this to work last year by editing the build.prop file to make my HTC HD2 running android look like a Nexus S. I even had fun with it so the market reports my phone as an HTC Nexus S.

I just upgraded my phone to an HTC Sensation XE. he video icon was hidden on my new phone because it too is not officially supported.

I edited the build.prop on my new phone similarly and like magic, At Bat 12 shows the video icon now.

Here's how to do it:
2. Make sure you have r/w access and long press build.prop file to open in text editor
ro.product.model=Nexus S

NOTE: These are the most important lines to change. If these don't work by themselves you can also make:
ro.product.brand=HTC_wwe
ro.product.name=yakjuxw
ro.product.device=maguro

4. Save build.prop file and open again to verify that changes were made. If your changes are not there, check that you are in r/w mode and repeat from step 1.

Let me know if this helps you. If it does not, let the forum know and we can work out the kinks. This method works for sure... no exceptions.

For those of you who think MLB will somehow rescue your video capabilities on opening day..... IF YOU CAN'T STREAM VIDEO DURING SPRING TRAINING, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STREAM VIDEO ON OPENING DAY!! I highly recommend editing your build.prop.

Was having the same issue, until I found this thread - I haven't been able to test it because there are no games playing atm, however I now have the TV/Video icon

jaypeezee

Aug 16, 2008
Strange issue has popped up...

For some weird reason, Exchange has stopped syncing after modifying my build.prop

I'm going to delete/add the account to see if this fixes my issue, but be weary for those looking for a workaround.

EDIT:

After removing the Exchange account and trying to re-add it, i get a FC. I reverted back to my original build.prop until someone can find a workaround for both - having exchange working + video on MLB.TV

Last edited:

blek42

Jul 4, 2011
Strange issue has popped up...

For some weird reason, Exchange has stopped syncing after modifying my build.prop

I'm going to delete/add the account to see if this fixes my issue, but be weary for those looking for a workaround.

EDIT:

After removing the Exchange account and trying to re-add it, i get a FC. I reverted back to my original build.prop until someone can find a workaround for both - having exchange working + video on MLB.TV

Exactly what lines did you change from the original build.prop that caused the Exchange errors? The MLB spoof can be done with a single line change for the model ID. This spoof has been known to cause issue with a limited number of apps.
Last year, I know some people ket 2-build.props on their phone and shuttled them in and out of the system folder as needed.... this is not the most optimal solution, but can work.
Let us know if you find anymore out on the topic.

kikenovic

Oct 31, 2011

Here's how to do it:
ro.product.model=Nexus S
---OPTIONAL---
ro.product.brand=HTC_wwe
ro.product.name=yakjuxw
ro.product.device=maguro

I'm on an international Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

I only changed ro.product.model from GT-I9100 to SGH-T989 and the TV icon is now available.

I'll test the streaming tonight.

dag16

Feb 7, 2008
actually, video won't load, circle just spins forever, and upon reboot, it reverts back and I can't get video..

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

can't get it to work with nook color. I did the full Nexus S, no luck. tried the build.prop settings for the Xoom (which is a supported tablet), no luck. even uninstalled and reinstalled mlb lite in case something wasn't erasing properly, but no luck.
Any suggestions?

NM: got it working!!
Thanks!!

Last edited:

crizolli

Sep 2, 2011
Boston
Good news, guys.

MLB heard us, and now the GT-7000N is a supported device.

Already watched a game from my Red Sox yesterday, picture quality is great over Wifi.

Thanks for everyone who contacted them and made this happen. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone having any luck getting the video icon to show up on a tablet/phone?

Here's how to do it:
    ro.product.model=Nexus S
    ---OPTIONAL---
    ro.product.brand=HTC_wwe
    ro.product.name=yakjuxw
    ro.product.device=maguro