[DEV] Android for Blue Angel (PXA Droid)

Search This thread

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
But is there enough space in the ROM to store Android there? Or the only thing in the ROM will be ClockWorkMod Recovery and Aroma?

Is the Phone features inside Android fully fixed already? Because I don't think it makes much sense to completely replace WM without having basic functions working inside Android.

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
But is there enough space in the ROM to store Android there? Or the only thing in the ROM will be ClockWorkMod Recovery and Aroma?

Is the Phone features inside Android fully fixed already? Because I don't think it makes much sense to completely replace WM without having basic functions working inside Android.

I hope with the Bootloader will the Resume/Suspend gone and then i can look for the sound problem. Then we have a good working and usable android version....

PS: First progress from Bootloader...

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
This is awesome. After installing your bootloader (which as far as I understand runs after the native BA bootloader), is it possible to flash a WM ROM and go back to using it?

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
And is Android now running from the NAND, from the SD card, or with bits on both (like /system on NAND and /data on card)?

At the moment the Boot/Misc/Recovery partition is in the flash, later the cache will come in the internal storage... And on the SDCard it exists the system/data/swap/fat(for usb mount) partition...

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
Thanks for the explanation. I only wish I had a non-HC SD card that's bigger than 512MB.

Also, have you fixed the excessive heat issue? (sorry if you have posted about it already, missed it)

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Thanks for the explanation. I only wish I had a non-HC SD card that's bigger than 512MB.

Also, have you fixed the excessive heat issue? (sorry if you have posted about it already, missed it)

There are 4GB Cards for pretty 8€ still available... we've had the discussion bout it right here some weeks ago. Just take a look at Post 357 and some of its predecessors you may remember ;)

Last edited:

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
Indeed, but even 4GB is still a bit too small for the amount of things you store on a phone nowadays (mainly apps, I filled my Android tablet's 512MB data partition with apps, and I'd still like to install some more - something that'll be impossible on the BA because it has no SD other than the one which is being used for the system).

I guess having Android on my BA will only do as a temporary replacement for the new Android phone I'll buy some day... which means, d-two's work is more than amazing, it's also very useful to me, allowing me to have an Android phone for $0 :)

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
Indeed, but even 4GB is still a bit too small for the amount of things you store on a phone nowadays (mainly apps, I filled my Android tablet's 512MB data partition with apps, and I'd still like to install some more - something that'll be impossible on the BA because it has no SD other than the one which is being used for the system).

I guess having Android on my BA will only do as a temporary replacement for the new Android phone I'll buy some day... which means, d-two's work is more than amazing, it's also very useful to me, allowing me to have an Android phone for $0 :)

If you had a 4gb SD card you could have a ~1GB partition or less for data and one for system and then a 2GB+ main partition for pics and music. Plus a lot of apps probably won't run depending on the requirements mainly gpu, ram, or anything needing over a armv5te processor.

Last edited:
Reactions: B-44

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Or a micro-sd with the adapter ;)

If you come across to find such a card... The last micro 4GB-ones I'd seen were either fakes or mistakes of announcement...
But anyway- no matter how much storage you can put in such a device, there'll always be be those who like to have everything quicker, shinyer, more colourful and if possible the whole Trinity College on a beermat. Aside from this- Android on BA will be a great thing those applesmörrebrödbased storagewasters may never be able to really honour. Lifestyle vs Coolness ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.6/2.3.7 CM7.2​

xda_3_black_3.png

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE​

Special Greetings to notime2d8 who let me have a look at his Universal Kernel and Filesystem ;)

And thanks to all who didn't want to help me and just said that it's not possible because of the age of the device

Kernel 2.6.34

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Sound (UDA1380)
    -Bluetooth (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Power Supply
    -Phone Support (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read support)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

ToDo
    -Intel Flash (add write support)
    -Optimize Wifi driver add WPA(2) support
    -Bootloader (port to lk)
    -Cleanup init.rc
    -Remove Battery workaround
    -Optimize OpenGL
    -Add W100 lib ?

Thanks for the Donation:
    -Swiss420 (Thanks for Logo too)
    -Atakan Yilmaz
    -Fiona Bennett
    -kuapao
    FAQ

Q: How do I get the Google Apps?
    A: LINK

Q: How I can help?
    A: LOOK HERE

Kernel 3.5+

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (not yet)
    -Sound (UDA1380) (not yet)
    -Bluetooth (not yet)
    -Phone Support (not yet)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read only)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -Power Supply with USB Charging
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator | LEDs)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

YouTube Channel

Yes, some news:
    I have fix ATI Suspend...
    I have fix SD Card detection...
    I have create a standby mode (standby time 36 hours)
    Fix PWM asic for bootloader version...
    Kernel support now Hima, Magician and Universal too...

and at the moment i work on the PXA-Bootloader (it can detect the different devices Himalaya, Blueangel, Magician and Universal)

Stuff that need to fix or add:
    Flash driver in Bootloader...
    PXA framebuffer in bootloader...
    Docg driver for Universal in bootloader...
    USB Support in Bootloader...

Fix SD card in Android...
    Fix route for mic (phone and record) in Android...

Improvements for performances...
    4GB SD by Platinum and Transcend both work with simple Install as well as Ubuntu on SX66...
    In the download area there's some Gingerbread entry created yesterday 20:35 but it's empty:confused:
    For this but it is not finish :D

PS: Sorry for the cut the battery was empty :(
    PPS: It's CyanogenMod :D
    Good News:

I have test a 32GB SDHC Card class10 and it work :laugh:
    This card:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007BJHEWK/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B007BJHEWK