[Q] USB Bricked DI. Believe the cause is the misc partition. Help?

Search This thread

kimixii

Dec 4, 2010
Hey all, I'm having a big issue with my Droid incredible. I've been trying to root it, ended up SERIOUSLY messing everything up [had problems rooting with unrevoked at first, CID error] then i temp rooted it and tried to install clockwork, which is where i think i usb bricked it. Which none of that matters, because this is my current problem.

If the phone is charging, it boots up and runs fine. It cant see any SD card or internal memory however. The second you unplug it, it reboots and gets stuck in a boot loop, never going past the HTC bootscreen.

Im aware that i should try and reflash the misc.img file? According to some of the desire forums. However when you plug it into the PC, it shows that usb device has malfunctioned, and adb cant see my DI. So i cant do much there. My phone's NOT rooted either.

Any help with this guys? I'd much appreciate it.
Richard

kimixii

Dec 4, 2010
Chevelle, I don't know how you want me to do that. I'm not rooted, so I dont have terminal emulator, and the USB doesnt work so I cant use ADB....

And yes, I've wiped it at least 10 times now, I've used a RUU to go back down to 2.1 [which corrupted my screen drivers, smh], then ruu back up to 2.2, with no change whatsoever. Im pretty sure that the misc partition does not reinstall with ruu's, if I've read correctly. So I don't have USB connection, I dont have root, and so my options are limited it seems. In my mind I'd have to flash something from hboot, considering thats the only thing that runs correctly anymore, that would reinstall misc. And also when hboot is up, my computer sees android bootloader. So its not hardware, I guarantee that much.

kimixii

Dec 4, 2010
Okay guys, so its safe to say that im going to HAVE to somehow flash a mtd0.img file onto my incredible to get it back working, correct? Now I just need help with this, how to go about it without root and without adb, through hboot. Any suggestions? My CID is VZW__001 if that makes a difference.

kimixii

Dec 4, 2010
Update: Found out how to use flashboot, i did fastboot oem enableqxdm 0 , and my SD card AND internal storage is working again!! =D

USB connectivity is still a No-go. Is there a way to flash an image to a particular partition through fastboot? If ya'll could give any help, it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

nfiniti9

Aug 29, 2010
You sound like all the people who have had the 5/3 vibrate black screen. USB stops working, adb driver wont show up, phone boots fine with USB connected. Somehow you got the phone somewhat working again which would confirm that its an issue with root/recovery. Except for your USB not working. This I thought was a hardware issue which caused the rest of the issues but I have no clue. I wonder if the root has anything to do with the USB chip on the phone.

blueginx197

Mar 29, 2011
What does the output from this say?

Code:
"cat /dev/mtd/mtd0"

I am having a similar problem... I got the 5 vibe and green light of death... did a bunch of voodoo and got it working but with no USB connectivity.

I have been able to root and restore from my nand backup.

I entered your command and got this as a reply:
Code:
SPCS_001DeviceWarmBootICE Serial InUseDebug Cable EnaCE  USB# cat /dev/mtd/mtd0

Last edited:

hackrxz

Dec 10, 2010
Santo Domingo
HELP!!!

Im having the same problem, but the thing is that i updated to GingerBread, and now i can´t do the z4Root procedure Because Gingerbread is not compatible with it, so now im stuck, (With NO USB, Gingerbread 2.3.4 (Wich means NO Z4ROOT), man im fu....k´up, can anyone help me, Please, i feel like an asshole, by upgrading to 2.3.4....

Any Help will be Apreciated....

Ps: Sorry for my bad English....

hackrxz

Dec 10, 2010
Santo Domingo
Well, im actually in a bad situation .....

INCREDIBLEC XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_10aa
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07

IM NOT ROOTED, AND I STUPIDLY INSTALLED 2.3.4 (i was desperate looking for a solution) i though it could fix that, but it didnt, and now i founded some kind of solution but i have to be on 2.2 to flash the "mtd0.img" file again....

Can anyone tell me what its mtd0.img for?
it controls the USB Connetions?

Also my Computer recognize the Phone (but i cannot transfer files to the Phone, or even root it with Unrevoked) im trying everything and no response from the phone.....

HELP!!

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Can i downgrade rom 2.3.4 to 2.2 Using the RUU.exe, when in fastboot?

No, it tells me "problem with the bootloader", and if i unplug the phone
it remains on the hboot saying "MAIN VERSION IS OLDER"
so i was wondering if i could rewrite the androi-info.txt from the PB31IMG.zip
in the Sdcard it could help me flashing again 2.2 (Froyo), but no it says abut the signature, and what if we copy the signature of the "PB31IMG.zip" and apply it to another file it could flash back to 2.2?

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Well, im actually in a bad situation .....

INCREDIBLEC XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_10aa
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07

IM NOT ROOTED, AND I STUPIDLY INSTALLED 2.3.4 (i was desperate looking for a solution) i though it could fix that, but it didnt, and now i founded some kind of solution but i have to be on 2.2 to flash the "mtd0.img" file again....

Can anyone tell me what its mtd0.img for?
it controls the USB Connetions?

Also my Computer recognize the Phone (but i cannot transfer files to the Phone, or even root it with Unrevoked) im trying everything and no response from the phone.....

HELP!!

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Can i downgrade rom 2.3.4 to 2.2 Using the RUU.exe, when in fastboot?

No, it tells me "problem with the bootloader", and if i unplug the phone
it remains on the hboot saying "MAIN VERSION IS OLDER"
so i was wondering if i could rewrite the androi-info.txt from the PB31IMG.zip
in the Sdcard it could help me flashing again 2.2 (Froyo), but no it says abut the signature, and what if we copy the signature of the "PB31IMG.zip" and apply it to another file it could flash back to 2.2?

how did you install gingerbread? if it was OTA then do a factory reset. should rebuild the system. you WILL lose everything but it should get you in working order.

Ferrumlan

Oct 8, 2011
Almaty
i have same problem! but when i connect my inc to pc it works only like a charger!
i phone can't use internal memory! i can see files on phone only with file manager. and in recovery when i mount USB it's doesn't work. pc have htc sync driver

can you help me? where i can find the mtd0.img? and can it help me?

hackrxz

Dec 10, 2010
Santo Domingo
inc wont recognize usb connections at the computer

well i think it can help you, but I'm not really sure about what's going on with your Inc, but if you flash the “mtd0.Img" it will restore your USB connection

first at all, are you rooted?

if you do, just flash mtd0.img

if not, witch android version are you running?

i can give you some better instructions if you post your email address

add me or send me an email at: alexpc1276@gmail.com
i will be glad to help you as someone did when i was in the same situation

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

sinisterwolf, no
i just flashed the PB31img.zip by my self
and as you know it just took me to stock 2.3 all over again

i fixed my problem by

1- unlocking the bootloader at htcdev

2- then flashing a custom recovery (clockworkmod recovery)

3- flashed “su.zip" (Super User)
my phone got super user access back again, yeah!!!

4- after that i installed terminal emulator from Google play

5- i flashed mtd.img from my SDcard
i don't exactly remember the lines i typed to flashed right now but if you wanna know how, send me an email alexpc1276@gmail.com

jarryd999

Dec 20, 2010
Tucson
well i think it can help you, but I'm not really sure about what's going on with your Inc, but if you flash the “mtd0.Img" it will restore your USB connection

first at all, are you rooted?

if you do, just flash mtd0.img

if not, witch android version are you running?

i can give you some better instructions if you post your email address

add me or send me an email at: alexpc1276@gmail.com
i will be glad to help you as someone did when i was in the same situation

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

sinisterwolf, no
i just flashed the PB31img.zip by my self
and as you know it just took me to stock 2.3 all over again

i fixed my problem by

1- unlocking the bootloader at htcdev

2- then flashing a custom recovery (clockworkmod recovery)

3- flashed “su.zip" (Super User)
my phone got super user access back again, yeah!!!

4- after that i installed terminal emulator from Google play

5- i flashed mtd.img from my SDcard
i don't exactly remember the lines i typed to flashed right now but if you wanna know how, send me an email alexpc1276@gmail.com

Can you or anybody on this post a link to download mtd0.img? I am having the same issue where when plugged into my pc, the phone treats it as a regular charger. It's weird because when I have it plugged into my car charger it thinks its a pc.