[Q] Can I use Verizon Samsung Note 3 phone on Tmobile service?

Search This thread

vincent12345

Dec 8, 2012
I got the Verizon Samsung Note 3. Can I use Verizon Samsung Note 3 phone on Tmobile service? If yes, how can i do that, what do i need to do?

Thanks all!

;);)

thatotherguy..

Jul 3, 2012
Portland
If sim is unlocked, should be, , go to settings/more network/mobile networks/network mode change to gsm only should work

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

You'll need to add the apn for the Internet

vincent12345

Dec 8, 2012
If sim is unlocked, should be, , go to settings/more network/mobile networks/network mode change to gsm only should work

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

You'll need to add the apn for the Internet

Thank you!

skunkle88

Feb 24, 2011
Pittsburgh
OnePlus 7 Pro
I got the Verizon Samsung Note 3. Can I use Verizon Samsung Note 3 phone on Tmobile service? If yes, how can i do that, what do i need to do?

Thanks all!

;);)

I can confirm this works. I have a T-mobile sim inserted in my Verizon Note 3. Make sure you change your apn settings. I've had issues sending and receiving MMS with the suggested T-mobile apn settings. I have APN protocol set to IPv4 and APN roaming protocol set to IPv4/IPv6. This worked for awhile then it stopped working after I started playing with settings again (I just can't leave things alone). I managed to get mms working using hangouts to send and receive mms. I had to open hangouts go to settings - SMS - Access point names - select fast.metropcs.com.

Writing this just made me think of something else to try. I will try and report back. I would love others feed back to help refine this beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: mr gummy

papabear

May 10, 2007
Hell
Tmo lte is not everywhere yet, should be able to at least get hspa. As far as I know, all of the gn3 variants in us / have lte capability should work. Att ones only work in refarmed areas.

mr gummy

May 14, 2010
verizon gn3 tmoblie lte

any updates on this i'm buying one today and need to know if i should get the Verizon n900v or the tmobile n900t i'm on tmobile now but will be switching to Verizon here i'm about 6 months

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
Just curious, Mr gummy. Are you planning on entering a 2 year contract with Verizon six months from now?

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
Maybe....unless tmobile data gets better in my area with the recent purchase of the new band from Verizon I hope that is the case

Ok. I ask because it came to my attention during research into my own recent phone purchases that Verizon will only allow LTE phones like the Note 3 onto their network via a postpaid plan, which means a contract. As long as you're planning to go back to Vz on a 2 year postpaid contract 6 months from now, things should work out fine.

As for the swap helping things in your area, from what I've read, the t-mobile/vz spectrum swap won't even be finalized until sometime this summer. Then they've got to actually gear up to use it. Could be a year or more before it sees wide use.

Also, even though it's Vz spectrum, it's a block that Vz never used. So there's no guarantee any existing phone will be able to access the new spectrum, including a Vz Note 3, even with some sort of radio firmware update. The new spectrum is great for the future, but I wouldn't count on it swinging anything in T- mobiles favor in the time frame you've indicated.

sic_lic1o1

Mar 4, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked. What about using unlocked tmobile note 3 on verizon network? Is it possible? I don't know much about what bands needed for verizon . I'm thinking about switching to verizon if I can use tmobile note 3 on their network.

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
Nope. The T-mobile Note 3 doesn't have a CDMA radio, for one.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks all!

;);)

I can confirm this works. I have a T-mobile sim inserted in my Verizon Note 3. Make sure you change your apn settings. I've had issues sending and receiving MMS with the suggested T-mobile apn settings. I have APN protocol set to IPv4 and APN roaming protocol set to IPv4/IPv6. This worked for awhile then it stopped working after I started playing with settings again (I just can't leave things alone). I managed to get mms working using hangouts to send and receive mms. I had to open hangouts go to settings - SMS - Access point names - select fast.metropcs.com.

Writing this just made me think of something else to try. I will try and report back. I would love others feed back to help refine this beast!