[NEWS] Clockwork Recovery and CM7

Search This thread

Suprah

Mar 13, 2011
Now if I can get my g2x rooted.....

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Tmo is the most open provider. They don't care if you root and support community. I'll be switching in the sumner

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Kdogg71

Aug 27, 2008
IF. From what I've been hearing from T-Mo and AT&T Reps is that the FCC doesn't like it at all and might not approve it. Which in turn causes AT&T to pay T-Mobile some money in the end and give them a nice chunk of spectrum.

Nothing's final yet.

Hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping you are correct. I too have a feeling, after reading tons on the deal, that FCC will say NO!

I hate ATT... :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol.....Cyanogen has paparazzi.
    Lol.....Cyanogen has paparazzi.

Dude, even T-Mo is a fan. I saw a conversation between the two on twitter earlier. They are GIVING him a G-Slate. haha
    androidspin.com just posted an article stating that Cyanogen picked up a G2X today, and that Clockwork has also been installed on a G2X

Androidspin.com : Clockwork Recovery post

I've posted this on the General section earlier.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043831
    I'm sure that will all change when AT&T takes over.

IF. From what I've been hearing from T-Mo and AT&T Reps is that the FCC doesn't like it at all and might not approve it. Which in turn causes AT&T to pay T-Mobile some money in the end and give them a nice chunk of spectrum.

Nothing's final yet.
    can you guys give a general run down on the process for this android n00b? My g2x is rooted.. but I'm waiting for this testing to run its course. This is all new to me, but I have enough technical knowledge where I don't need my hand held throughout the process.. I just need knowledge on the general steps involved..

1) Rooted - Good to go.
    2) Need to do a full backup (waiting for my sd card from newegg) - what prgm do I need? Can I do it now onto my HD or is that what Clockwork Recovery is for?
    3) Initiate Clockwork Recovery and CM7 - what are they, in general.

Clockwork recovery is the tool you use to flash roms and tweaks in a very simple way. Just wait for it to be working fully. You have to be rooted to put cwm on your phone.

Cyanogen Mod 7 is a custom rom based on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) that is widely considered one of the best ones out there due to how early you can get the newest version of android with custom modifications. Cyanogen team does not support every smartphone out there and due to the g2x having pure android and thus easier to work with, it was predicted cm7 would eventually be available. This was confirmed a little while ago.