**Sticky Thread / HP TouchPad Index / Read This First**

Search This thread

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
New Updates

just a small update to the second post..

If you haven't noticed that senior member -SGA- has posted a new Rom for the community to play with you can find it here so go and have a look and help with the development of this Rom, please post logcats if you can as it helps a lot. If you are on the Classicnerd Rom you may be interested to know that ewalk4866 has posted a test Rom for you to try and that can be found here, again any help you can give will be much appreciated and take the usual precautions, make a Nandroid backup first and do lots of wipes.

Thanks BIGSimon

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
More Updates

Added : Classicnerd Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1
Added : Jelly Bean 4.1.2 by O.a.T.
Added : Add webos option to reboot menu
Added : JCSullins CWM Recovery 6.0.1.9
Added : Fixes for SDCARD issues
Added : AC!D Audio Engine
Updated : TWRP 2.3.2.3 with on-screen keyboard!

Quite a few updates this week. Thank You's go to ewalk4866, O.a.T., confab, jcsullins, menthe, matteebee, ViViDboarder and nickster1 for all there work and help. Remember to backup your TouchPad before trying any of these Rom's and Mod's.

Thanks BIGSimon

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
I am in this boat now, and have never had a bricked TP. It may be advantageous to add avideo/instructions on "How to"

I am left with nothing but the ability to get into usb mode. My present state occurred while trying to install 4.2 over cyanogenmod 9. All wipes were correct and tablet rebooted into cyanogenmod splash-screen. I have no moboot and the Touchpad does not like to shut down.

I'm sure this kind of situation crops up on occasion and this would be the first place I would/should look for a solution.

If you can get into usb mode you should be okay (at least you won't be bricked), but it's a PITA.

Follow the instructions here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244

Read the whole thing. If you have problems with novaterm, there's a good work around on page 12.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyStark R.I.P.

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
If you can get into usb mode you should be okay (at least you won't be bricked), but it's a PITA.

Follow the instructions here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244

Read the whole thing. If you have problems with novaterm, there's a good work around on page 12.

Good luck.
I royally messed up... I think. novaterm didn't like me. I looked into it and thought I needed to remove the files that had been installed w/ the SDK package (If out there, they are the files in the terminal folder. I would like a zipped copy of this.) and I did. I downloaded novaterm file and extracted to the terminal folder. Now novaterm opens it's own window when I launch it from cmd prmpt.

I see you mentioning page 12... from a laptop, the thread only goes as far as page 5. I looked at and around post 12 but nothing there either.

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
I royally messed up... I think. novaterm didn't like me. I looked into it and thought I needed to remove the files that had been installed w/ the SDK package (If out there, they are the files in the terminal folder. I would like a zipped copy of this.) and I did. I downloaded novaterm file and extracted to the terminal folder. Now novaterm opens it's own window when I launch it from cmd prmpt.

I see you mentioning page 12... from a laptop, the thread only goes as far as page 5. I looked at and around post 12 but nothing there either.

Here's the link for page 12 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244&page=12

Edit : make sure that the battery is charged. You don't want to run out of power in the middle of the procedure.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyStark R.I.P.

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com
New ROM that could be added, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2124702
I'm working actively to get camera working, and I've already begun my work to get things working better in 4.2 :) slowly finding ways that don't work for certain things, which means I'm getting closer to making things (like sound, hopefully) work! Can't comment on the status of any advances yet, but as I make them, they will be posted here! :)

Sent from my ss_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: BIGSimon

Top Liked Posts