[Development - S8500] Polish Blood by mikegapinski - Android 4.0 Nightly1(23th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
i know it is nice that we have a version of android for the wave, but its better if we can change the name to the galaxy s, because some apps doesn't support our phone, and overclocking apps not working (also when we have root permission)
And if we can't remove bada (android finished), i think that we need to make a bada firmware without any inbuild apps.

Don't dream. We need a dual boot because it is safer for the device.
The only thing that can be done to optimize android is as you said a bada with the basic apps like messaging, calls, etc. Just in case of.

But it's not the time for this, first port have to be done !

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I am not recommend to OC to more than 1ghz.

1Ghz is the original processor speed so it's not overclocking ;)
I would say that between 1 to 1.3 Ghz is enough. I would rather say 1.2 Ghz.

Never try 1.6 Ghz more than an hour it is completely silly to do that.
Or you need a fan to cool your phone :D

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Just a quick request can anyone test google now on Wave (I have the Wave II)
Just take the app here.
Or edit build.prop tutorial here.

Thank in advance.

anghelyi

Apr 25, 2008
-Camera button doesn't work right (it opens music)
-Call button doesn't work, nothing happens, i tried it with gamecih2 to set it at a hotkey, nothing happend.
-I don't think all ram is available. (about 220 is the full ram at android)
the wave has 512 mb ram, but at some forums i saw the wave has 2 chips (384 mb): 256 mb and 128 mb. so i think the android detects only 1 chip of the 2 chips

Problem with software:
-Many crashes at apps that needs lots of memory. (like google chrome)

other problems:
-Not all games work. i have tried hawx, after about 3/4 min it crashes, temple run doesn't work, it lags like RF2012 at bada. (about 3~5 FPS)

Please stop dreaming... The camera button mapping and the call key can be solved with relatively small work, but do not expect substantialy more RAM, it won't happen. (256+128 never will be 512 and the 128 is basically for the AP-CP communication if I remember correctly). Face the fact: the Wave is now more than 2 years old hardware. Android won't turn it into a Galaxy S III..

loger2

Feb 4, 2012
Madrid
The root on Wave, works perfectly, and the port is in good way:
-In the tab adjustments, this works all, you can enter in all access and see, include the battery, the own consumer
-The root works good
-Google Play works absolutely better, than the first kernel, now detect our mobile and provide us new integrity with our applications, and the log.
-Is true that the usable memory isnt enough, but its a beta, and the people that work in that job, isnt big, is an excelent team of developers
- Many games work perfectly, including vibration and sounds.
-The screen is perfectly calibrated, now we can write, touch and rotate with thebest experience

The Samsung Omnia works now in Android, cyanogen compilations, including MODEM!! Modem and all functions, in old Windows Mobile 6, why this project wont be completed¿?¿?
Windows mobile is microsoft software, more close than them is impossible, Samsung is a disastrous company, they only listen the word Galaxy.. nothing more.., the users are angry with that, if bada is in open source, this project will be release completely in weeks..
But we have to trust in this project, and announce this in cyanogen page, or forums, this will help to this excelent developers.
LONG LIFE BADADROID!

Reactions: TheBasterd

2hunt

Jul 4, 2012
modem chipset

I have seen that the chipset of modem: IC-modem is 1205-003961. I have seen that this is: QSC6270. I have seen that this chipset is in the gt-i5800. But the gt-i5800 is android. Is it better to try the version of android of gt-i5800 in the samsung wave gt-s8500?

or to take the modem driver or any code for the modem?

or anything like that?

thank you all

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Alright guys thats about far enough with crap about overclocking, take it to one of the other threads as it doesn't pertain to development. (You may not want to take my suggestion to hand but if this level of prattling continues ill report it as spam, sorry guys)

Reactions: aLexzkter

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Last edited by a moderator:

VECTUS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 26, 2010
Kansas City, Mo.
xdaforums.com
It's a forum, everybody may talk here.

If people choose to keep posting NON-related development here... You will find out why EVERYONE cannot talk here. No more warnings... Infractions from this point forward. I'm done being nice.

Edit- Thread cleaning done

Last edited:

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
Please keep this thread clean and post your questions here or here.

For the moment Mike is in holiday, so don't expect any platform progress until the 24th of July. So no android for Wave II for the moment.
mike.jpg

Last edited:

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
...he should complete wave I porting above all with modem drivers fixing

Please understand.

If you can write "Modem "Driver""...
Then you can write own OS... :D

So please. It is nearly impossible ""soooon"" to get Modem part working...
As out of knowledge... or better far far away from success.

More realistic possible, because """easier""" to complete Display Driver for S8530...

Best Regards

delliv

Jun 19, 2012
maybe this ”://developer.bada.com/library/Porting-guide-for-other-mobile-platform-developers” will help you guys to solv some problems on porting to ICS!

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
-Updated to Jelly Bean
-Kernel updated with incr patches
-Voodoo sound suport in kernel
-Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
-Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
-I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
-Android Recovery added
-Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My targets in this project:

Primary target: Android 4 ICS port for Samsung Wave S8500;
    Secondary target: Android 4 ICS for Samsung Wave S8530.
    I. History:
    1. How I got my Wave ?

It was founded by bada-world.pl community after a big site komorkomania.pl published an article about my work on LG GT-540 Swift.
    The donators were (exchange rate: 4,17 PLN):

1. Comcio – 7,19 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    2. MarcinUj – 4,80 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    3. cinimini – 1,20 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    4. prusaq – 1,96 Euro - 28.03.2012r. + 1,20 Euro- 29.03.2012r
    5. HROLF – 3,60 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    6. Andreas786 – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    7. Mielu – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    8. n3jt – 1,85 Euro - 28.03.2012r
    9. salomonik – 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    10. bedson - 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    11. macaron - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    12. daniel23z - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    13. Diego962 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    14. midnight911 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    15. MaciekSmola - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    16. shevchenko1987 - 2,40 Euro - 30.03.2012r.
    17. Johny5608 - 2,40 Euro - 31.03.2012r. (PayPal)
    18. faabio - 8,39 Euro - 02.04.2012r.
    The rest of missing amount of money was my contribution to the project

2. Why I decided to start this port ?

I look for a new challenges and experiences, bcos a time to choose a job is getting closer and closer.

3. All links news and what works can be found on polishblood.pl

Caution:

All of that couldn't happen without great work of guys from Badadroid and all credits for creating method of booting Android go to rebellos, mijoma,srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi. If you think thay deserve a donation check their thread.

Current kernel code:
    https://github.com/Rebell/bdroid/

If you look to donate me click the button near my avatar
    Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)
    I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
    -Updated to Jelly Bean
    -Kernel updated with incr patches
    -Voodoo sound suport in kernel
    -Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
    -Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
    -I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
    -Android Recovery added
    -Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2
    I've located all front camera functions and init tables in Bada kernel so we will get it working very soon. Back camera is much more complicated, so we it will take more time to run it.

Please don't PM me about "how is it going". I won't answer anyway. I'm slowly working on modem but it's boring and long work. Anyone with C/C++ experience is welcome to help, but first you would have to browse replicant RIL for Samsung as example.
    I've just got touchscreen oriented properly. Still working on Idle bug, with no success for now.