[APP][2.3+][RELEASE][STABLE] Community bulid of XBMC

Search This thread

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the reply. I tried it out and it reloads xbmc after closing mxplayer. Is there anyway to bring you back to where you were before you played the video?

Appreciate the help.

Freeze/uninstall any task managers. XBMC eats cpu / ram and most task killers have a habit of killing xbmc while MX Player has been active for awhile. I believe there is an option under developer options that will allow you to "Keep background processes" or similar which will prevent the normal android task clean up from running aggressively.

Reactions: donyll

up4fun2day

Nov 8, 2011
The XBMCANDROID.com Team Presents...

THE FIRST END USER FRIENDLY RELEASE OF XBMC FOR ANDROID

xbmc_android.jpg

This release is basically the first end user friendly version of XBMC for Android that should work great on pretty much any Android powered device. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, support for an external video player is included in this release, that way you'll still be able to enjoy a flawless XBMC experience since the external video player itself does support hardware accelerated video decoding.

You'll also find that a bunch of customizations have been made in order to make the whole XBMC experience more enjoyable for the end user, including shortcuts, the ability to use XBMC as a Launcher (and launch Android Apps & Settings from within XBMC), along with many of the most popular XBMC addons bundled directly into the release.

Hopefully this will change the public perception of XBMC just being a media player, and most people will realize that it's much more: a media platform that interfaces with online streaming video content, bringing online streaming technology directly to your favourite devices in an easy to navigate system with endless possibilities.

Installation

Step 1: From within your Android device's built-in web browser, click on the device specific link below to install MX Player Free:

Step 2: Launch and exit the MX Player Free application at least once before continuing.

Step 3: Install the appropriate version of the XAF Custom Build to your device by clicking on one of the following links from within your Android device's built-in web browser:

Special thanks to kemonine96, staticaDK and of course the XBMC Foundation for all their hard work and dedication!

Code:
Release Notes:

- RC3 + Post RC3 Fixes
- Touchscreen Versions use Touched Skin by Default
- Fusion Installer Source
- External Player (MX Player) Enabled by Default
- Launch Android Apps & Settings Directly from XBMC

Code:
Bundled XBMC Addons:

- NuskuNetworks Addon Repo
- XBMCHUB Addon Repo
- 1Channel
- Project Free TV
- Icefilms
- TV Links
- TubePlus
- Fast Pass TV
- Fox News
- TED Talks
- TMZ
- YouTube
- Navi-X
- XBMC Log Uploader

Code:
Supported External Players (just change setting in playercorefactory.xml file):

- MX Player Free (default, except for SOX and SAMBA streams)
- MX Player Pro
- TPlayer
- DicePlayer
- RockPlayer
- RockPlayer2
- BSPlayer Free
- Moboplayer
- mVideoPlayer
- vPlayer
- Wondershare Player
- Archos Video Player

Code:
Changelog:

2013-01-17
- Initial Release

Enjoy! Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter today!

PS: Check out some of the many Android TV devices on the market such as the MK802 and other very affordable hardware options!

How do I find out if my phone is a Neon or non neon device????

I have the Motorola Razr i xt890

Please let me know as I've been waiting for XBMC to come to android for many years.

Hopefully it works with my device and many thanks keep up the great work :0)

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
How do I find out if my phone is a Neon or non neon device????

I have the Motorola Razr i xt890

Please let me know as I've been waiting for XBMC to come to android for many years.

Hopefully it works with my device and many thanks keep up the great work :0)

Try the NEON version and if throws an incompatible device notice, use the non-neon version.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Absolutely Fantastic!

No errors. Not too difficult to understand what to do.

Used Neon version on Iconia A701 JB 4.1x. Tegra3. (non-neon worked, but choppy streaming, selected by mistake first time)

Have to play with selecting the good streaming channel though. Some have deleted content, or invalid URL. Sometimes MX doesn't respond so back out and select another URL.

Will check out the other features later.

Again, fine job indeed!

Would be nice to be able to automatically check validity of the URL's before actually selecting one.
MD

mdalacu

Dec 13, 2006
Bucharest
dmsimpleapps.blogspot.ro
Re: [APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

You can also use mount manager from the market as well. I have been digging into getting MX Player working with SMB but I have met with little success. I did discover it seemed MX Player needed files from samba presented as an HTTP stream but I've not had a chance to dig into how to implement this functionality properly. Any suggestions?

You could ask developers of BSPlayer (lan mode) or the developers of many file managers which present the http stream : total commander, fx file explorer, solid explorer, es file explorer.

barrmulio

Oct 5, 2010
You could ask developers of BSPlayer (lan mode) or the developers of many file managers which present the http stream : total commander, fx file explorer, solid explorer, es file explorer.

+1 for trying to integrate bs player
i use bs player to stream from my nas on my android devices today (same streaming source used for other xbmc devices in the home) and it works fantastically

trancoss2

Sep 28, 2012
[APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AstroTrain

Apr 13, 2011

+1

The guy developing Mizuu beta has also recently implemented network Samba support but is also having teething problems with this protocol.

ES file explorer has been around for ages with samba streaming with all the major players, BS, Dice, MX player with no hiccups. I haven't used it for this purpose since it is not a media library setup, just folders. I would contact the dev to see if he has insight on how to get this running for this version of XBMC.

donyll

Jan 18, 2013
Freeze/uninstall any task managers. XBMC eats cpu / ram and most task killers have a habit of killing xbmc while MX Player has been active for awhile. I believe there is an option under developer options that will allow you to "Keep background processes" or similar which will prevent the normal android task clean up from running aggressively.

That fixed it, thanks for all your work.

thafngame24

Sep 28, 2009
So am I able to use this to stream videos from my Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7 to my Nexus 10??? Thanks

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
Install failed on my phone. It said a version already existed. Do I need to uninstall the current version and then install this one?

moocow1452

Nov 16, 2011
Livonia
Think we can use Remote to VLC or some other PlayTo thing, maybe have XBMC hosted on an Android and a dumb video terminal on a Pi so that it doesn't slow up the Pi whenever you use it?

signupstuffid

Oct 16, 2010
Verizon via Pix Wireless MVNO

I have honeycomb on my HTC flyer, and don't have that in my developer options. Any other ways to fix the 'pushing back button from mx player goes nowhere' problem?
I have to go to the home menu, kill the XBMC, and MX player processes, start XBMC again, navigate to the plug-in and video I was using to get back to the video I was playing.

I had the previous version of the customized to use MX player XBMC installed before I installed this one. That version also had the same problem. I first uninstalled both XBMC and MX player before installing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The XBMCANDROID.com Team Presents...

STABLE RELEASE OF THE XAF CUSTOM BUILD OF XBMC FOR ANDROID

xbmc_android.jpg

This release is basically the first stable end user friendly version of XBMC for Android that should work great on pretty much any Android powered device. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, support for an external video player is included in this release, that way you'll still be able to enjoy a flawless XBMC experience since the external video player itself does support hardware accelerated video decoding.

You'll also find that a bunch of customizations have been made in order to make the whole XBMC experience more enjoyable for the end user, some user experience and some functionality related.

Hopefully this will change the public perception of XBMC just being a media player, and most people will realize that it's much more: a media platform that interfaces with online streaming video content, bringing online streaming technology directly to your favourite devices in an easy to navigate VOD system with endless possibilities.

Installation

Step 1: From within your Android device's built-in web browser, click on the device specific link below to install MX Player Free:

Step 2: Launch and exit the MX Player Free application at least once before continuing.

Step 3: Install the appropriate version of the XAF Custom Build to your device by clicking on one of the following links from within your Android device's built-in web browser:

Special Thanks goes out to kemonine96, staticaDK, DroidFuse, mikkle, phat, PoorCollegeGuy, Android_Adict, GSH, jas0npc, lavero.burgos, Eldorado, bstrdsmkr, mash2K3 and the XBMC Foundation for all their hard work and dedication!

Code:
    Release Notes:

- Milestone Release

Code:
    Bundled XBMC Addons:

- NuskuNetworks Addon Repo
    - XBMCHUB Addon Repo
    - 1Channel
    - Project Free TV
    - Icefilms
    - Mash Up
    - TV-release
    - AwsomeDL
    - Watch-Freeseries
    - Baltimore Ravens
    - Discovery Channel
    - XBMCHUB...Maintenance
    - YouTube
    - XBMC Log Uploader

Code:
    Supported External Players (just change setting in playercorefactory.xml file):

- MX Player Free (default, except for SOX and SAMBA streams)
    - MX Player Pro
    - TPlayer
    - DicePlayer
    - RockPlayer
    - RockPlayer2
    - BSPlayer Free
    - Moboplayer
    - mVideoPlayer
    - vPlayer
    - Wondershare Player
    - Archos Video Player

Code:
    Changelog:

2013-05-04
    - Stable Release (Based on XBMC 12.1 Vanilla)

2013-01-17
    - Initial Testing Release

Enjoy! Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter today!

PS: Check our main site for some of the many Android TV devices on the market such as the Jynxbox Android Mini and other very affordable hardware options!
    For smb to work with mx player, XBMC should present the file as a http stream, which it does not. So smb whith external player does not work.
    You better check xbmc builds with libstagefright enabled. This is the way to go.
    As a workaround of you have root then mount the shares on local folders using cifs manager, then the build from this thread should work.
    The XAF stable build has been released. Please see the OP for a download link and notes on what this release includes.
    excellent - looking forward to installing this tonight!

FYI - tegra 3 is a neon device (including asus transformer prime, tf300, tf700, nexus 7, etc).
    @brainimpact. I tried to use wondershare player as default and changed the xml and rebooted and still doesn't work. If its not too much trouble could you post your settings file so I can compare.

I''ll post the part of the text I changed in a second I'll give you tip what to check out for its a mistake I made, if you are pasting wonder player in-between like this "wonderplayer" make sure there is no gap between the double quotation marks like this " wonderplayer " as that happened to me when pasting player name in and would not work till i removed the spaces both sides of the word

Edit: I'lll just upload my file later and you can rather edited the differences or paste over yours its easier

Edit 2: Here's my coreplayerfactory.xml file its set up to use Wonder Player, it works perfect for me.
    just make sure before hand that you've started up wonder player so it can detect if you need to install any of the codec packs they supply via google play for the different ARM types
    just unzip the file and replace your own with it
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67720331/playercorefactory.7z