GALAXY S2 GETS multiview before tmo note 2? Wtf....

Search This thread

AznDud333

Nov 24, 2011
i knew i was signing up for this crap when i bought this phone
samsung usually treats their customer like crap by not giving out updates when theyre suppose to be given out..
that was the case for sgh t989, that is the case for us, on sgh t889

DNASTY6997

Sep 14, 2010
It's tmobile not samsung, seems like people have to say this everyday

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bh87771

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
I really, really think its gots nothing to do with Samsung, and everything with TMo. The international S3, Note 2 (note 1?), the Verizon note 2, the sprint note 2 and now the S2 have all got it, or about to get it.

TMobile? Not a word.

Reactions: baronsamedi

ssCISengineer

Jul 26, 2012
charlotte nc
Yes it is tmobile its not samsung. I just find it amazing that we cant get an update period and all these old phones are getting it...I mean its just backwards. I understand that it takes time for tmobile to port over updates and what not...but this is stupid.

I mean the note 2 is where multiview CAME from and we dont have it ON OUR NOTE 2'S

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bipoler

PsychoSane

Nov 11, 2012
This is getting completely stupid and I'm generally a patient person. I'd still be patient but for the fact that the other carriers have released multiple OTA's while T-Mo can't manage to pump even one out. Hell, it would be cool it they even leaked it so we could unofficially beta if we so desired.

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
I contacted T-Mo's support on Twitter, and they responded with something like "we are working closely with Samsung, etc and stay tuned."

I reminded them it's not Samsung that's the delay - it's T-Mobile. They conveniently didn't respond.

I'm new to T-Mo and don't like the way things are going so far. WTF is their delay??

AznDud333

Nov 24, 2011
I contacted T-Mo's support on Twitter, and they responded with something like "we are working closely with Samsung, etc and stay tuned."

I reminded them it's not Samsung that's the delay - it's T-Mobile. They conveniently didn't respond.

I'm new to T-Mo and don't like the way things are going so far. WTF is their delay??

prolly working hard to integrate carrier iq so they can spy on us

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
Enough of the carrieriq conspiracy theories... seriously, you can just disable it.

Cospiracy theory ? Watch this video bro. Iq agent queried https which is supposed to be encrypted and was successful and also reported a text the guy sent in plain text on the report which T-mobile said they don't do . And *I* can't disable it because im not rooted. So it is a definite concern for me. Serious watch this . Dude runs a real time log cat and CarrierIQ runs code for every button pushed as well as each number dialed on the dial pad . This is even more than *I* thought it did. Scary stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T17XQI_AYNo#!

Last edited:

_Dennis_

Cospiracy theory ? Watch this video bro. Iq agent queried https which is supposed to be encrypted and was successful and also reported a text the guy sent in plain text on the report which T-mobile said they don't do . And *I* can't disable it because im not rooted. So it is a definite concern for me. Serious watch this . Dude runs a real time log cat and CarrierIQ runs code for every button pushed as well as each number dialed on the dial pad . This is even more than *I* thought it did. Scary stuff.

Just go to settings > Back up and reset > Collect diagnostics and uncheck "allow diagnostics"

Taken from CIQ thread in the Q&A section.

Sent from my handheld Android 'PC', NOTE II

Reactions: Some_dude36

Nicelysedated

Dec 1, 2011
Yorktown
Not nearly as bad as Verizon and Motorola..... Had a Bionic that took a year to get ICS and had a bootloader with military grade encryption.

diego1985

Mar 26, 2009
Atlanta Ga
Just go to settings > Back up and reset > Collect diagnostics and uncheck "allow diagnostics"

They can actually cut this back on when you clearly unchecked it. Don't know if it was because of reboot or they saw it when I was arguing about my bill.

achusaysblessyou

Sep 4, 2011
Berkeley, CA

1) you should be scared if you are doing something that you aren't supposed to be doing

2) They really can't use any personal information (that's against their privacy policy and if someone did find out, they'd get the **** sued out of them, especially in this litigation-happy country).

3) You can turn it off... which, if you did a simple search on these forums has been posted at least 5 times by now (I've personally seen at least 3 posts about it)

4) The video you posted is by the original "discoverer" of CarrierIQ. The software itself is programmable, meaning we don't know exactly what T-Mobile is collecting, many phone simply have it to note mundane things like signal strength, etc. Also, here's an article on the guy who blew the whistle:

http://www.dailytech.com/Carrier+IQ...hart+Works+for+Tracking+Firm/article23511.htm

As many have known for a while now (it's been almost a year, and no one has died). It's hype and poor implementation by HTC (which has also been discussed on previous "OMG CARRIERIQ" threads).

I'm just tired of the sensationalism that surrounds CarrierIQ.

They can actually cut this back on when you clearly unchecked it. Don't know if it was because of reboot or they saw it when I was arguing about my bill.

Hmm, interesting, mine's still checked off, since the day I bought the phone (10/29). I don't think T-Mobile has the power to be able to re-toggle a switch that a user explicitly un-toggled... not to mention this is one phone that has it, imagine having to code that up for all phones and adding it to their system, etc. Even if they did, the information they collect really has nothing to do with you and you should have no worries unless you're doing something "illegal" like tethering your laptop without a hotspot plan, although that's probably caught by their backend servers sniffing your packets using pattern recognition software which is the same software that Google uses to direct ads to you on gmail based on your e-mail contents, but I don't hear many people complaining about that... maybe because it's "free"... (Go here to see the real "price" of Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb, it's google's ad preference manager which tells you who Google things you are and what you're interested in, so they can sell that info to advertisers)

bipoler

Jan 26, 2009
www.youtube.com
Ok my issue with lack of updates is lack of communication. T-Mobile clearly has an agenda for when it plans to release the update. Perhaps one big update turning on LTE, 4.2, etc some have speculated, but to reply something so generic is what's annoying. Finally people this is America's, hell this is planet earth. Do you REALLY think carrier iq is preventing companies and government from seeing or doing anything that they choose? Please don't be so comfortable in your false safety nets.......Lol at removing and disabling carrier iq lol trust if they need to know something, record audio, take pictures from your phone without your knowledge it's been done

mojorisin7178

I think they are talking about the internatinal s2 and s3 in that article. From what I heard and I could be wrong the international note 2 already has the multiwindow thats how we got it ported over. Everything over here in the good old U.S. of A ( land of the free home of the brave) bulcrap always comes way after the rest of the world. If google went with samsung for there newestr nexus device I would have went that way but I just cant do lg. My first android phoine was the g2x and I lucked out and got one of the good ones but with all the problems and lack of support by LG and tmo left a bad tast in my mouth. BUt I really with samsung would make a AOSP note 2 like the g2x but it will never happen.
The flip side of this is we have some real kick ass devs in the tmo fourm alone and I am sure that the rest of the carriers have them too a phone like this is bound to attact the best of the best. If you look in the dev only sub fourm we have some eleite recongnized devs working together now. So with that and the fact that all the different varents are so close in similarity we will have some real good stuff. Dont worry about what tmo and samsung does we will do what we always do which is do it ourselves. Or i should say the devs will do it themselves people like me will support them in any way possible.
\peace

stevekixs

Nov 25, 2010
Assonet
I spoke to a representative from Samsung today, and a rep from Korea. They said we should be getting the multi window update very very soon. Basically waiting for tmobile to shoot out the OTA.

Check your phones over the next week or so, because it should start coming out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ssCISengineer

Jul 26, 2012
charlotte nc
Ok my issue with lack of updates is lack of communication. T-Mobile clearly has an agenda for when it plans to release the update. Perhaps one big update turning on LTE, 4.2, etc some have speculated, but to reply something so generic is what's annoying. Finally people this is America's, hell this is planet earth. Do you REALLY think carrier iq is preventing companies and government from seeing or doing anything that they choose? Please don't be so comfortable in your false safety nets.......Lol at removing and disabling carrier iq lol trust if they need to know something, record audio, take pictures from your phone without your knowledge it's been done

I understand your point ' it means international phones'

But.man please...we dont even have it and other OLD phones are getting it. Its just backwards.

I mean I dont give a left foot about it because IVE had multiview for about a month. Its just the fact of the matter is its messed up

ssCISengineer

Jul 26, 2012
charlotte nc
You guys need to read about an agency called the NSA.

I've got news for you. All of you are being monitored. Every single phone call and text message is analyzed by them and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not me!
    Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
    It's tmobile not samsung, seems like people have to say this everyday

I really, really think its gots nothing to do with Samsung, and everything with TMo. The international S3, Note 2 (note 1?), the Verizon note 2, the sprint note 2 and now the S2 have all got it, or about to get it.

TMobile? Not a word.
    Yes it is tmobile its not samsung. I just find it amazing that we cant get an update period and all these old phones are getting it...I mean its just backwards. I understand that it takes time for tmobile to port over updates and what not...but this is stupid.

I mean the note 2 is where multiview CAME from and we dont have it ON OUR NOTE 2'S