New XgearLive eXoskin Photos/Review

Search This thread

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
I've had more exoskins. Than I can recall.
Black and white carbon, pink, and 4 Bubinga wood. My last two died from a fast chewing toddler the other sacrificed itself on a nasty concrete drop.
So against better judgement and wanting something different I bought "Fine Wood Teak".
Lets start the review. There's nothing fine about it. It goes on as have most the others, the pink was extraordinarily hard to place and had bubbles, the top right and bottom left corners are perfect, the bottom right had minimal overlap, the top left has minor gaps.
The left side is maybe 1/2mm to short. All the cut outs including second mic and ir are also perfect.
Since I just ordered my 8th, you can tell the issues with fit are no big deal. With the dark skins the minor gaps aren't noticeable, with the pink and white they were quite noticeable.

Back to the "Fine Wood" Teak. The color is mostly what I expected however it's "washed out" and has hints of grey or green in places.
While the Bubinga easily passed for wood with its gloss and texture this one has neither, it's matte.
It looks like a vinyl skin on a phone. (*While studying just now I've noticed the skin does have a wood texture, but it's masked by the matte finish).
During my installation I noticed it seems to pick up light colored dust. I'm not sure how the longevity of this will be.

White I've been more that happy with the other xgearlive skins I wouldn't recommend this particular one. I'll be soon replacing it with the Bubinga wood skin.
nasesute.jpg
5ejarenu.jpg
y9e3e4u6.jpg
u5u5u5u5.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hathoid

Nov 9, 2013
Awesome concept, but top and bottom part look particularly bad (well to me anyways)