[FIX] Phone permanently locked, Hard lock

Search This thread

UberKaeL

Aug 30, 2013
Introduction
I bought an AT&T LG Optimus G E970(1) on Ebay and I though it was asking my SIM code, so I put it 4 times and it got a hard lock:
"This phone is permanently locked and can not be unlocked"
I tried to find some kind of information about unlocking it but I was unsuccessful. I tryed flashing roms or restoring factory etc but nothing worked.
Even thinking was not really a hardware problem I though I can sell it for parts and buy another, because there was not any solution.

A kind of solution:
As I said I bought another E970(2) and I unlock it, in the process I make a backup of efs files and that gave me an idea.
I used the 3 files of my new unlock E970(2)
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/m9kefs1
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/m9kefs2
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/m9kefs3

on the E970(1) and it bypass the hard-lock (IDK how is it made, but is not matter) working as a new cellphone clone of E970(2).
The plan was to put E970(1) hard-locked efs on the E970(2), and since it's not hard-locked, unlock the imei and put it back on the E970(1) since if you put a unlock efs imei it bypass the hard-lock but I failed (by mistake I deleted the backups of E970(1) efs).

I don't know how to change the data of those archives or generate new ones (and I don't want to upload mine because I have now 2 clones) but I guess if someone could help with that.

I hope it can help.

Last edited:

endeavor2908

Oct 19, 2012
Have you tried...

Introduction
I bought an AT&T LG Optimus G E970(1) on Ebay and I though it was asking my SIM code, so I put it 4 times and it got a hard lock:
I tried to find some kind of information about unlocking it but I was unsuccessful. I tryed flashing roms or restoring factory etc but nothing worked.
Even thinking was not really a hardware problem I though I can sell it for parts and buy another, because there was not any solution.

A kind of solution:
As I said I bought another E970(2) and I unlock it, in the process I make a backup of efs files and that gave me an idea.

on the E970(1) and it bypass the hard-lock (IDK how is it made, but is not matter) working as a new cellphone clone of E970(2).
The plan was to put E970(1) hard-locked efs on the E970(2), and since it's not hard-locked, unlock the imei and put it back on the E970(1) since if you put a unlock efs imei it bypass the hard-lock but I failed (by mistake I deleted the backups of E970(1) efs).

I don't know how to change the data of those archives or generate new ones (and I don't want to upload mine because I have now 2 clones) but I guess if someone could help with that.

I hope it can help.

Have you tried to do all that process without the SIM card? I'm guessing that is the SIM card that is locked. No? Too easy? xD

UberKaeL

Aug 30, 2013
I don't get what do you mean, can you explain?

When you put any SIM card the phone will ask about the SIM PIN number, but after that it will ask the network unlock code, and if you fail X times it became permanently -hard- locked.
Even if you change the SIM, you have not any chance to unlock the phone (carrier free) anymore. No PUK etc.
You can check it with 2945#*970# >network lock.
Everytime you put a new SIM, the phone will reboot, reset the phone or flash it don't affect the hard-lock.
I made the process of restore EFS with and without the SIM card inside, but I didn't see any difference. (I don't know why would be any difference)

Anyway entering an unlocked IMEI works but I not sure if this restores the previous hard-lock state or simply bypasses it (Maybe the lock was not software but a kind of chip).

Thread about this issue :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2101854
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603593
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2408400
etc
Seems like no one has succeeded.

Last edited:

mr64fixit

Apr 28, 2006
same here, LG e970 optimus permanently locked looking for good efs file please post thank you.

evanprice

Apr 13, 2013
Milwaukee
Is the PHONE locked or the SIM? If the phone is locked you can try to LGNPST the firmware

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

UberKaeL

Aug 30, 2013
Once again

Is the PHONE locked or the SIM? If the phone is locked you can try to LGNPST the firmware

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Seems like you don't know what the problem is. Did you read the threads I put above?
No, you can not solve it by just install a ROM, and LGNPST do not remove the lock (maybe data is in a hidden partition or maybe is hardware thing, kind of chip, IDK).
Once again, I'm not asking for help but saying how I managed to fix it. Since there was not any other solution.

mr64fixit:
I'm sorry because I can't provide my own files, but I hope somebody do it or... if you can get another phone you can simply copy those files.
Thanks

KmiloAndres

Feb 27, 2014
Logic Main Mother Board P809

My LG Optimus G E970(from AT&T) is hardlocked, if i replace the Logic Main Mother Board, can i fix this problem?, i really need help, i live in Colombia, and i'm going to buy the logic board on ebay

x-geo

Jan 20, 2011
Bogota
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My LG Optimus G E970(from AT&T) is hardlocked, if i replace the Logic Main Mother Board, can i fix this problem?, i really need help, i live in Colombia, and i'm going to buy the logic board on ebay

i am a "paisano" of you!!! i buyed the logic board from another phone... mine's burned... the phone responds well but is networklocked.... and i spend everything in the board... can any of you give me some spare? (jejeje a joke) can any of you tell me how can i remove simlock free?

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
i am a "paisano" of you!!! i buyed the logic board from another phone... mine's burned... the phone responds well but is networklocked.... and i spend everything in the board... can any of you give me some spare? (jejeje a joke) can any of you tell me how can i remove simlock free?

no way of removing simlock for free, but it is dirt cheap on ebay (about 2 dollars)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

ashish2k4.dce

Aug 19, 2012
pls help

Dear All,

MyLG Optimus E970 was factory unlocked and i bought it (in factory unlocked state) from US Ebay. I live in India. I was using it with India Airtel network without any constraint for past 2 months. Suddenly due to some messing up with its EFS or whatever (i dont know what i messed), it became hard-locked. Now, i cannot even unlock it by any purchased unlock code, since device shows message "This device is permanently blocked and cannot be unlocked". I tried Nexus conversion also, i converted successfully but of no use. The device is still hard-locked. Hence, i converted back to Optimus E970.

Now, i want guidance from all of you that what can i do to unlock it? Is there any way for me? or cell is waste piece? pls help....i have heard about Octopus box tool which can repair such case. But i am not able to find a single mobile shop here in Delhi India where i can get such repair person with Octopus Box. pls suggest what be solution to the mess that i have created for myself.....Any inputs will be appreciated.

btw, i tried restoring EFS etc, but of no use.

no way of removing simlock for free, but it is dirt cheap on ebay (about 2 dollars)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

doverjosh8

Apr 23, 2014
My SIM previously got locked and I was able to get it unlocked by phoning my provider. I'm not sure if it's your SIM, but if you do end up finding it is then contact your provider and they should be able to unlock it.

deshwani

Dec 21, 2013
i have LG Optimus G E970 at&t, it was running fine, but i installed g3 love kitkat rom but my sim is not working after that, everything is running fine except sim network... its showing cross in above network row.!! then i restored stock rom 4.1.2 but problem still there.. can anyone help me please?
further i also have another E970... can i make a copy backup from that phone to mine? quick reply will be appreciated...

D

Deleted member 5911519

same here, I'm in Brazil, LG D805, I upgraded to Lolipop 5.0.2 and now becomes hard locked. "this phone has been permanently and cannot be unlocked"
I tried changing ROM, Stock ROM, Root, EFS restore, another EFS files, QPST Software, EFS Pro, CDMA Workshop and not helped. Any hope?

12tjea

Oct 26, 2014
permanently locked

Hi i bought a g3 and it has the same issue. permanently locked. i am from italy and hope someone will find a solution :eek:

essa_ddr

Nov 23, 2016
Hi I am a product of El buy I Phone Model LG G-4 H818p network problem is to unlock gave me the code I entered a few Barbaz not lock the phone can code I enter the code 2945 # * 818 # I will bring the characters your phone permanently locked help Please

Atlantis_

Aug 10, 2015
Introduction

A kind of solution:

I hope it can help.

Can you help me by providing help step by step. I can't understand what I have to do with the IMEI number, should I have to change it. Please provide you method step by step.

Thanks