AT&T Comfirms Update For The Optimus G

Search This thread

Rishi.

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
I had such high hopes for my Atrix. So sad that it got abandoned. At least we've got better ROMs on the LGOG.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

I lost my Atrix so wasn't able to follow up anymore with the 4.x development either.
I think epinter ,and his team were working on something . They kept the hopes high.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Those waiting have better chances of winning the lottery...

Sent from my LG-E970

I've mentioned it before, but will say it again. I have had two other phones that I had to debrand from AT&T in order to receive updates. The manufacturer supplied the update to AT&T and they never released it.

Reactions: Ace42

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
My Droid DNA got kitkat update this week and the phone is some what old. Let's have some faith this phone gets it!

HTC DNA
LG Optimus G

Diljinder

Oct 22, 2010
Good news is Official KitKat update has been released for Korean version. So there is some hope that AT&T version will receive some love.
Even if it didn't, that update may help developers to make some modded version for E970 or update libraries for existing KitKat ROMs.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Gabxter101

nicklefloss

Jun 15, 2010
Good news is Official KitKat update has been released for Korean version. So there is some hope that AT&T version will receive some love.
Even if it didn't, that update may help developers to make some modded version for E970 or update libraries for existing KitKat ROMs.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Is it available for download? I know the opgpro is

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rishi.

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
someone has their hands on KK 4.4 rom for Optimus G , Korea and the ROM is about to be ported to E975 as well.
Is there a possibility that someone can get it ported for our variant as well. ?

Diljinder

Oct 22, 2010
Here's youtube link for those who may want to take a look at it. Do note that Official Kitkat version seems to be V30, But in the video it's described as V18, possibly could be pre-production firmware, I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiPizK1xm0

UPDATE : This is not the official version. It's CM11 based ROM but customized to look like Stock LG G2 ROM. My bad.

Last edited:

Rishi.

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
Let's hope for the best. As everyone is updating their versions so I get E970 will get it's breakthrough as well to Kitkat platform.
Although , it's not going to happen before July I think.

Till then I am expecting someone to help us with a Ported Rom from E975/F180 . There's a lot of hustle in the E975's forum , but no one's even talking about our Variant there. :(

PHRuiz

May 8, 2013
Ohohoho Shut up trolls

So many guys saying the phone was dead, that there was no hope, I was even thinking on buying a new phone, but this beautiful new is to all trolls, OPTIMUS G IN NOT DEAD, as a matter of fact using kitkat and art may be enough for me to wait for a phone with adreno 420, and 4k video recording, Thanks LG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG Optimus G gets KitKat in Korea, Knock Code in tow

Last edited:

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
We'll need a kernel in order to get the KK Rom of E975 booted for us ...

I tried flashing the ROM without modification but as i guessed ... it didn't even went to Boot animation.

I'll try to port it by basing it on CM11 in 2-3 days..

N

nygfan760

Porting it isn't the hard part, but getting everything working like the camera for instance will require a kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some random CS agent on a chat is hardly surefire proof that there will be an update for this device. It's dead as far as ATT is concerned. They've already forgotten about the people who bought the G2, which is 2 generations newer than this device. Just hang out here, use the awesome ROMs that our devs bust their ass to build, and enjoy a device that is better than ATT could ever make it.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk
    Not sure how it can be long dead when they still sell it on there site.

That is where old phones go to die.
    We'll need a kernel in order to get the KK Rom of E975 booted for us ...

I tried flashing the ROM without modification but as i guessed ... it didn't even went to Boot animation.

I'll try to port it by basing it on CM11 in 2-3 days..
    Its official, the optimus g is not dead
    Well I guess we'll find out by next Spring if they were lying.