[ROM] Ruby 1.1.4 Reports

Search This thread
A

Androidnite

Okay thank you, for the info. Is Ruby more stable then Cyanogens stable release?
Up to this day being unable to successfully install Cyanogen. I've tried all possible permutations of wiping data, cache, dalvik and I still get voot loops. I'm happy with Ruby so no need thus far, so no plans for trying Cyan anymore.

mapko11

Mar 20, 2010
Can someone please link the Bluetooth fix? I've search the RIL redirect forum and I can't find the link anywhere. The thread that's suppose to have the link, doesn't. Someone help out if they could....Thanks

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
I would suggest using the one posted in the

By "black vanilla messager" you are referring to the Text Messaging app or the Google Talk? If you are talking about text messaging, there is a setting that allows you to change the background to black. In regards to the themes, I would suggest you stick with the themes made for 1.1.4 (as in the download link). If you want specific changes to the them the OP suggested contacting the created of the specif theme you are interested in.

I meant the text messaging app, it's white in Ruby. However something wierd happened, I went into settings and set the vibrate to "Ring all the time" and when I backed out the messaging app was black. It's really odd but I'm happy it happened o_O

A

Androidnite

I meant the text messaging app, it's white in Ruby. However something wierd happened, I went into settings and set the vibrate to "Ring all the time" and when I backed out the messaging app was black. It's really odd but I'm happy it happened o_O
That's interesting. Did you tried changing the color back to white and restarting the phone?
Can someone please link the Bluetooth fix? I've search the RIL redirect forum and I can't find the link anywhere. The thread that's suppose to have the link, doesn't. Someone help out if they could....Thanks
If you go to the URL link for the RIL update (as updated in the OP), the first post made by dnoyeb, has a section that reads as follows:
"Ruby 1.1.1
This works for Ruby. If you are wanting the BT Media Streaming audio fix as well, please see this thread. They are two separate installs."

I just noticed that he removed the attachment from his post. I remember seeing the BT zip file on that post. I never downloaded the file, so your best bet is to sent him a PM.
Is there a circle battery icon that works with this? I tried this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=802689&page=2 and my phone couldn't boot up all the way.
I suggest you stick with Ruby-specific themes. If you are using a 1.1.4 theme, contact the creator/developer and see if he can make you a patch that would change the battery icon. From what I've read in the CC Roms website, they dont' even recommend you use a theme from one Ruby version for a new update (i.e., can't use 1.1.1 themes on 1.1.4). It might work but they don't recommend it.

deadlinguo

Jun 8, 2009
Thanks for the response Androidnite. I'll just avoid using the circle battery for now, it seems less crucial anyway with the percent number over the battery icon.

A

Androidnite

Thanks for the response Androidnite. I'll just avoid using the circle battery for now, it seems less crucial anyway with the percent number over the battery icon.
Yeah, I also prefer the circle battery icon, but since the stock Ruby icon shows the percentage it is not a deal breaker for me.

pmdied

Mar 26, 2010
Strange thing- when putting Renovation theme over 1.1.4 the phone settings and clockwork mod settings indicate that I'm running 1.1.1!?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
That's interesting. Did you tried changing the color back to white and restarting the phone?
changed hte vibrate option back and still nothing. It's really weird but no matter what it's staying black. I'm not complaining but it's odd.

I also got a random reboot when I entered a text thread, the phone rebooted and was stuck on the boot screen with it spinning. The touch buttons lit up, and it was there for 15 minutes I pulled the battery and it's fine now.

A

Androidnite

changed hte vibrate option back and still nothing. It's really weird but no matter what it's staying black. I'm not complaining but it's odd.

I also got a random reboot when I entered a text thread, the phone rebooted and was stuck on the boot screen with it spinning. The touch buttons lit up, and it was there for 15 minutes I pulled the battery and it's fine now.
That's weird. I think I recall having the black msg once but once I went to the txt msg setting it went back white. I did noticed that when I used Sound Manager to set to "vibrate when silent only" it did not worked for txt messaging. Then I found an extra setting in the txt app that solved the problem. Regarding random reboots I haven't had one yet, however even after the RIL update for the "Wifi fix" I had to manually reboot my phone once because the 3g connection disappeared. Other than that, this is one of the most stable ROMs I've tried (and I've tried pretty much all Sense-based ROMs).

A

Androidnite

Did any of you get the Exchange Activesync working?

Exchange is not working with this build? I start a new job next week which will require the use on Exchange....
Sorry, I only use Google sync. From what I can tell, it seems there aren't that many Ruby users around, you might want to check the official ROM website:

http://ccroms.net/drupal/

You can search the bug reports and see if there are any issues with Exchange accounts. Just curious, is Exchange not working for you right now or you just want to double check before trying to install the ROM? In any case, search for "exchange" in the bug reports and see if there are any issues with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not very nice. Ccroms guys put a lot of work into what they do. He's currently working on a release for multiple phones at once so sit tight. I'm sure the magic is about to happen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    i've been running a sense based rom since i got my incredible back in june, and i just installed this a few days ago. This two month old realease runs smoother and faster and has more customization options than anything currently out right now! i was gonna wait for a new release before switching roms, but man this one was definitely worth it. hopefully they do a new gingerbread release, i wouldnt mind doing a wipe and all that again:D only thing is, i kinda miss the htc dialer. and facebook contact sync is kinda sketchy, it only linked like three of mine

Go into your contacts that weren't linked, click edit contact and scroll down. If you see facebook info click on the facebook contact pic instead and click use this picture.

If there is not facebook info hit menu, join.
    You'll now see a list of suggestions from facebook where you can manually join facebook names. This is useful when your FB friend is a tard and added random symbols to their names or if they include a middle name or alternate spelling that isn't present in your contact list
    Did Ruby come with a kernel? How do I switch back from #18? The battery life on this is killing me.

--
    Sent from my D-Inc using XDA App

Here's the stock Ruby kernel :

http://db.tt/5SbvOyg
    i did some research a few days ago before installing, and as far as i could tell 1.1.5 is not a stable release but 1.1.4 is
    so is 1.1.4 a full stable release from CCROMS? It's not listed on their site/wiki and as far as I understand from reading this thread it's kinda like how CM has nightly builds, that is it's a test release. I Just want to make sure I am clear before I proceed, I suppose everyone says it's solid but I kinda prefer to lean more on the cautious side and would prefer to wait till it's official and labeled stable. Thanks for any clarification and/or guidance! :) Ruby is by far the best ROM I have used so far, tried all the others and they only lasted maybe a day installed, non were as good as Ruby, not that they were bad I just really like the plain vanilla Froyo without all the flashy colors and mods. good job! :)

1.1.4 is an unofficial release but a mighty fine one at that.