1700mAh Battery Replacement from Ebay...

Search This thread

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
Have anyone tried this yet? Planning to get one but is it really 1700mAh... about 20% more than original battery... should last throughout the day

Can't post the link but you can search for it in ebay....

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
Thanks I was about to get one. I got the 3500maH for my old vibrant and it seemed not 3500 so I guess this one will be the same

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

sundayhustler

Dec 17, 2010
I haven't tried the 1700 mAh ones, but I do have 3 of the standard size ones that I got off Ebay for a few bucks each. I'd say they probably have 80-90% of the capacity of the stock battery. I think that's pretty good considering the price. If I needed an extra battery, I'd consider trying it out.

Get a standalone battery charger and always keep one in the charger, so that when your battery dies, you can just swap them out. That way you never have to plug your phone in with the micro usb cable and risk breaking the jack.

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
I haven't tried the 1700 mAh ones, but I do have 3 of the standard size ones that I got off Ebay for a few bucks each. I'd say they probably have 80-90% of the capacity of the stock battery. I think that's pretty good considering the price. If I needed an extra battery, I'd consider trying it out.

Get a standalone battery charger and always keep one in the charger, so that when your battery dies, you can just swap them out. That way you never have to plug your phone in with the micro usb cable and risk breaking the jack.

I bought those for my first mt4g and you are right, the capacity was only about 80 or 90%. I sold them along with my first mt4g. I would not mind getting another pack but the problem is I'm using the tmobile prestige case the one with the kick stand. It's so hard to pry the case off to change the battery. Maybe will give the 1700 a shot

dopediculous

Feb 21, 2011
Columbus
Two words... "Battery Calibrator" got me a slightly extended battery that is same size as standard as to avoid losing my sweet case and the charging dock so I always have a fresh batt. Name brand too. New batts take a few full charges n depleats before noticeable difference. Good stuff, good stuff...
Check out AndroidAndMe site :)
4Geezy ON DopeDiculous's ROOTED TBeezy!

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
They look like the ones from ebay. Labels are slightly different. I will order and try them.
Battery calibrator did really help I once got 23hrs on a single charge now I use my phone more like a laptop would not last for more than 10 hrs but I need at least 12hrs for my job. Thanks for all advice and shares will report back with when new battery arrives

TmpUsr

Apr 26, 2011
These are the ones i got and i couldnt be happier with them....I know it says for thunderbolt but its the same battery for the mt4g...i have been able to get 2 days with out any problems at stock clock speed and about 27 hours at 1.5ghz.

em2 very interesting find as aware that TB used 1400mAh battery but not same size as our MT4G. Far as stock size battery goes I am aware of the current Mugen Power 1650mAh being better than of that Seidio Innocell 1600mAh. The link you provided is 2x1700mAh for $35 which is still better than current MP1650mAh for $46. Do you have any information regarding the company that built the battery? I don't want to buy 2 as I just need 1 as I don't plan to take off my case to replace it. If you be kind enough to provide some testing for us folks we would be grateful or ill have to go with MP1650mAh as I am not big fan of Innocell.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Will the battery in the OP's ebay link fit/work in a myTouch4G with stock battery door?

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
em2 very interesting find as aware that TB used 1400mAh battery but not same size as our MT4G. Far as stock size battery goes I am aware of the current Mugen Power 1650mAh being better than of that Seidio Innocell 1600mAh. The link you provided is 2x1700mAh for $35 which is still better than current MP1650mAh for $46. Do you have any information regarding the company that built the battery? I don't want to buy 2 as I just need 1 as I don't plan to take off my case to replace it. If you be kind enough to provide some testing for us folks we would be grateful or ill have to go with MP1650mAh as I am not big fan of Innocell.

What kind of testing would u like?

TmpUsr

Apr 26, 2011
What kind of testing would u like?

Well first of all I need detail regarding the battery itself as I want to check the company out. Which would determine the build quality and durability in long run. Far as the test goes stock 1400mAh vs TB 1700mAh I would like for you to first fully discharge it and recharge it so its calibrated. Then have blacklight 100% bright and CPU running highest that you can handle. Have wifi, life wallpaper, widgets on. Then pick a HD video and let it play till your battery runs out to 1% and shuts down. Make sure you record the data along with time for result. When you compare the duration of both B(1700mAh)-A(1400mAh) you will get the time elapsed. I know thats alot to ask but I really do want to put this test and compare it with MugenPower/Seidio Innocell, thanks.

macheteZen

Nov 24, 2010
Denver
Well first of all I need detail regarding the battery itself as I want to check the company out. Which would determine the build quality and durability in long run. Far as the test goes stock 1400mAh vs TB 1700mAh I would like for you to first fully discharge it and recharge it so its calibrated. Then have blacklight 100% bright and CPU running highest that you can handle. Have wifi, life wallpaper, widgets on. Then pick a HD video and let it play till your battery runs out to 1% and shuts down. Make sure you record the data along with time for result. When you compare the duration of both B(1700mAh)-A(1400mAh) you will get the time elapsed. I know thats alot to ask but I really do want to put this test and compare it with MugenPower/Seidio Innocell, thanks.

Wow, that's a pretty comprehensive request. :D Hope you've got most of the day em2! Whats the return policy? TmpUsr you could just try it out and return if you aren't convinced. Just a thought.

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009

Um to be honest I don't have the time to do that....but if I did I would have had no problem doing so.....why dnt you just buy and give them a try..

TmpUsr

Apr 26, 2011
Wow, that's a pretty comprehensive request. :D Hope you've got most of the day em2! Whats the return policy? TmpUsr you could just try it out and return if you aren't convinced. Just a thought.

He asked lol so I had to try and also I don't do that any more. I became way to lazy to just go drop the package at local UPS.

Um to be honest I don't have the time to do that....but if I did I would have had no problem doing so.....why dnt you just buy and give them a try..

lol I knew it was a longshot, I also really didn't think you would do it actually. Long ago I use to do that buy item and benchmark it and send it back hell I am sure alot of company is still pissed of at me for that. Like you ATM I myself don't have the time lol so I depend on the communities input to save time. Also I don't buy random companies product that I never heard of that is another reason I asked you for the detail. But 2x1700mAh for 35dollar does seem good only obvious question is what is wrong with it?

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
He asked lol so I had to try and also I don't do that any more. I became way to lazy to just go drop the package at local UPS.

lol I knew it was a longshot, I also really didn't think you would do it actually. Long ago I use to do that buy item and benchmark it and send it back hell I am sure alot of company is still pissed of at me for that. Like you ATM I myself don't have the time lol so I depend on the communities input to save time. Also I don't buy random companies product that I never heard of that is another reason I asked you for the detail. But 2x1700mAh for 35dollar does seem good only obvious question is what is wrong with it?

So far there is nothing wrong ....my gf is using one for her tbolt and she gets an extra 3 hours or more with the same use....And i get more use also..and for me that was worth the 35 bucks

sundayhustler

Dec 17, 2010
Hey, I realize this is a lot to ask, but I really need some help fixing some things around my house. I have a hole in the drywall in my master bathroom. Could you come to my house in Atlanta, GA and patch it up for me? I'm out of drywall patches, but fortunately, there's a Home Depot that you'll pass on your way here. Also, there is a stain in the carpet in my living room. I've tried and tried for hours to remove it, using everything from the cheap cleaner that I got at the local grocery store all the way up to using pure ammonia, which made me really sick. Do you think you could come over and clean it for me? If not, maybe you could stop in Dalton (it's local, only about 100 miles north of my house) and pick me up some new carpet. Also, by the time you get here, I'll probably be pretty hungry. Think you could stop and pick up some dinner? I like Mexican food. Three beef soft tacos and a plate of cheese nachos would be great! I know that's a lot to ask, but I really do want all this stuff, thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't do it. Usually those off brand batteries are complete junk. Even if its cheap, its a waste of money.
    Hey, I realize this is a lot to ask, but I really need some help fixing some things around my house. I have a hole in the drywall in my master bathroom. Could you come to my house in Atlanta, GA and patch it up for me? I'm out of drywall patches, but fortunately, there's a Home Depot that you'll pass on your way here. Also, there is a stain in the carpet in my living room. I've tried and tried for hours to remove it, using everything from the cheap cleaner that I got at the local grocery store all the way up to using pure ammonia, which made me really sick. Do you think you could come over and clean it for me? If not, maybe you could stop in Dalton (it's local, only about 100 miles north of my house) and pick me up some new carpet. Also, by the time you get here, I'll probably be pretty hungry. Think you could stop and pick up some dinner? I like Mexican food. Three beef soft tacos and a plate of cheese nachos would be great! I know that's a lot to ask, but I really do want all this stuff, thanks.
    These are the ones i got and i couldnt be happier with them....I know it says for thunderbolt but its the same battery for the mt4g...i have been able to get 2 days with out any problems at stock clock speed and about 27 hours at 1.5ghz.
    http://www.htcexpress.com/htc-batte...rydock-usb-charger-pd42100-0609728894818.html

This made my day lol...!!!
    4c67b492-0016-30fb.jpg
    Another update. After using the battery for a while I decided it was time to test its capacity. I discharged it to its lowest safe voltage so I can get a reading of the maximum capacity it would take. I then popped it into charge mode and got these results...

Charged at 500mah
    Took 163m 9s to charge
    Starting voltage was 3.00
    Charged voltage is 4.10
    Took a total of 979mah worth of power

I believe the stock battery is 1500mah and this battery only took 979mah from a lower voltage than the phone will get it to before it shuts off. These are very low numbers. My suggestion is if your going to get this battery use it as an emergency backup and not an original. It does not perform as well as the stock one but for the price I paid to have it shipped from Hong Kong it would make a decent in case of emergency power source.

Sent from Royal Glacier 2.1 powered HTC MyTouch4G using XDA App.