What Micro SD card are you using?

Search This thread

Chund3r

Feb 27, 2011
Baltimore, MD
So I'm in the market for a new SD card, I'm currently using the 8GB C4 that came with the phone, but it currently has less then 100MB of space on it. (Filled with music, photos, etc).

I'm interested in getting a 32 GB Micro SD card, as I can almost easily fill that up too :p. But I'm stuck between the cheaper C4, and the slightly more expensive C10 version.

I know that the C10 would allow me to transfer data from my PC 6MB's faster then a C4, but is that the only difference? I've seen some people mention video recording would be smoother, and others have said that's wrong. Would it be better to save myself $10-$12 and just get the slower C4 instead? And is there certain cards that are known NOT to work with the Inspire?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

1ChesterD

Sep 8, 2011
the Old Folks Home
As long as you stay away from the junk that is often on ebay, you should be good to go. It's not just the write speed that's faster, the read also increases. And the price often isn't that much different between the C4,C6, and the C10. Just watch for sales. Example: local Fry's will have the 32g Samsung C10 on sale for $36.

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
So I'm in the market for a new SD card, I'm currently using the 8GB C4 that came with the phone, but it currently has less then 100MB of space on it. (Filled with music, photos, etc).

I'm interested in getting a 32 GB Micro SD card, as I can almost easily fill that up too :p. But I'm stuck between the cheaper C4, and the slightly more expensive C10 version.

I know that the C10 would allow me to transfer data from my PC 6MB's faster then a C4, but is that the only difference? I've seen some people mention video recording would be smoother, and others have said that's wrong. Would it be better to save myself $10-$12 and just get the slower C4 instead? And is there certain cards that are known NOT to work with the Inspire?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

A few threads about this in the correct section already. Thread should be moved to the Inspire 4G Accessories section.

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
PNY 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC card, but I've been using a Sandisk 64GB micro SDXC card for the past month or so with great results. I still need to run more tests on it but it's been so damn hectic at work these past months lol Damn bakery X_X

Rybean

Feb 1, 2012
Off brand 16 gig class 10. getting good read and write speeds

Sent from my Inspire 4G ICS XDA App

EK2

Jul 23, 2011
NJ
What is the difference between the classes like class 4 or class 10. writing and reading speed?

G

GuestK007

What is the difference between the classes like class 4 or class 10. writing and reading speed?

yes, higher the class the higher the speed. there is no 'official' standard for what each class is supposed to be, because it varies based on manufacturers. Anything class 2 and above can do 720p video recording.

papanut

Feb 16, 2011
Lexar class 10 from Amazon, 55. Bucks.
so far so good, the speed difference is noticeably faster than the SanDisk c4 I took out

Top Liked Posts