[SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Search This thread

stachurski

Feb 3, 2009
OTA fail

Coming from ICS, the JB OTA failed around 25% complete and rebooted indicating as such. Can this tool be used to install JB on a 'damaged' ICS system?

stachurski

Feb 3, 2009
Yes, that's it's primary use.

Sent from my Clear using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Fixing droid 4s that will not boot, that is

Sent from my Clear using xda premium

Perfect, thanks for that quick clarification! The file sizes seem to be getting smaller, which is misleading.

It installed just fine.

taspankya

Nov 28, 2007
was able to root successfully. tested.. all is good

however... does anyone notice lagging now that this is installed? perhaps the workaround way that this process obtains root does something?
i went from a very fluid movement between app and home screens to laggy and there is some hanging. i rebooted the phone a couple times and have nothing else running, even disabled smartactions.

anyone have this issue? :confused:

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
This works wonders with Linux!!

This was not working for me in Windows 7, nor was RSDLite 6.x, and installing the zip file in recovery was not working either. I put in my Ubuntu live CD and got this to work instantly! Thanks for everything you have done! Linux is the way to go with this, forget Windows, I'm starting to dislike Windows more every day and be pulled to Linux! Thanks again!!

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png
This is ONLY for the DROID 4 XT894. Do NOT use this on anything else!

DROID 4 Utility XT894Jellybean
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
Batakang

Filesize: 497 MB (521,766,988 bytes)
MD5: B8E86DDCC3C59571E7AB086BE13BD89D

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh
You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean:
Code:
 1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
  2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
  3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
  4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.
Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. (This is working on the DROID 4 as well.)

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Yes it can fix damaged ICS builds, it fixed mine using Linux. Screw Windows OS. I'm using Linux for now on to do programming and things on my phone. I am now running JB instead of ICS and loving it!!

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

wally2164

Jan 19, 2010
Maumelle, AR
This was not working for me in Windows 7, nor was RSDLite 6.x, and installing the zip file in recovery was not working either. I put in my Ubuntu live CD and got this to work instantly! Thanks for everything you have done! Linux is the way to go with this, forget Windows, I'm starting to dislike Windows more every day and be pulled to Linux! Thanks again!!
I'm was able to get it to work with Win 7 64 bit. The crack didn't take the first time, and it didn't install the Super User. I installed the Super User manually, then tried the crack again and it worked. Great job on this Utility!

teookie

Feb 5, 2011
Thanks mattlgroff for this great utility and the great instructions. I just upgraded my ICS D4 with eclipse up to the stock JB, rooted, and then installed SS. All without a single problem. THANKS!

Khiraji

Dec 11, 2010
Portland, OR
Here's a weird one: I used this utility to upgrade my phone to JB from ICS. Followed all the instructions and the process completed perfectly, except that now my phone will not acknowledge that it's in a dock. I used the utility several times to re-SBF my phone, and for some inexplicable reason now dock mode is broken. Upon inserting it into the dock, nothing happens - it charges just fine, but will not launch car/bedside dock mode. HDMI out is also broken. This problem is present in stock JB and every JB ROM I've tried (damn near all of them). Both my Droid3 dock and a brand-new Motorola HD Dock (opened at the VZW store in front of a tech) show the same results.

Any ideas? The next step is SBFing yet again, but I'm thinking the odds of that fixing the problem are low. I'm almost convinced now that my HDMI port died at the exact moment I upgraded to JB... which seems an astronomically unlikely coincidence, but I'm out of ideas at this point. :confused:

outamoney

Jul 1, 2009
Woot: D4 JB Root!!

Thanks OP! Was looking for a new route to root after receiving a replacement device, preloaded with an uber fenced in JB 4.1 [f*** that]. I actually used this dude's down here [thanks for you broh], but without your alluring title I may never have found this fine little script. Anyways, thanks to both of ya.

FYI : If you need root for JB D4, look no further than this delightful 1.7 meg package.

i noticed the root method used with this utility uses a different superuser
when i used this and tried to use either the verizon tether or wifi tether for root users it wouldn't work because of the su used. But when i downloaded and used a different razor root script that installed supersu everything works great
just a fyi

i used this for rooting
http://vulnfactory.org/public/razr_blade.zip

also using this there is no need to put your device in mtp mode

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
Unroot?

Does this utility unroot my device? Im getting a new one on warranty and i need to unroot. I havent received my replacement yet but its in route.

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
Need to root wifes D4 bone stock latest OTA. Ive got all the drivers installed from my hd maxx. Can I just diwn load the utility on computer and root using utility? Also can I get somekind of tether to work? Switching to antenna and amp system and need her to be able to tether. Thanks

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
Thanks thats even easier than when I rooted hd maxx

Yeah, us owners of the D4 have it pretty easy. My bf has an HTC which lets you unlock the bootloader but he deals with all these kernals, MD5 sum stuff and the ADB shell. It gets confusing after a min. Im try to read up on root for the Galexy S4 now but im apprehensive cause it deals with the ADB shell.

adb isn't so bad...once you do it once...its fairly painless
just open cmd prompt in windows and cd (change directory) to c:\android\platform-tools\ or wherever you have adb.exe stored on the pc.
then type adb.exe and it should fire up.
type adb devices after that and it should see your phone connected via usb.
then type adb shell
then type su
bam you are in like flynn
then you can type whatever commands are needed to accomplish your mission on the phone
there is also extensive command set available typing 'adb help'

thanks to op for this tool...glad to have finally picked up a droid4...now just need to find an elusive grandfathered LTE data plan at a decent price...

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
adb isn't so bad...once you do it once...its fairly painless
just open cmd prompt in windows and cd (change directory) to c:\android\platform-tools\ or wherever you have adb.exe stored on the pc.
then type adb.exe and it should fire up.
type adb devices after that and it should see your phone connected via usb.
then type adb shell
then type su
bam you are in like flynn
then you can type whatever commands are needed to accomplish your mission on the phone
there is also extensive command set available typing 'adb help'

thanks to op for this tool...glad to have finally picked up a droid4...now just need to find an elusive grandfathered LTE data plan at a decent price...

Thanks. Im sure once i start working on it ill get the hang of quickly. Rooting came pretty natural but Ive definatly learned the hard way. Poor Droid X.....Lmao

Been a D4 owner since the beginning basically....pick it up a couple weeks after it came out last year. I love it but the only thing that sucks is not really having roms. The last 6 or so months is when a lot of the roms for the D4 has been developed

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
Smart guy ;)

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

yes, i've been lurking in this forum for a year...just never pulled the trigger until this week.
actually i dont think droid4 had its own forum for a while if i remember correctly, it was lumped inside another or something?
anyway...ever onward

Now I'm not sure about the D4 not having its own forum though. Cause I've owned mine since about 2 weeks after it dropped on the scene and there was one then.

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png
    This is ONLY for the DROID 4 XT894. Do NOT use this on anything else!

DROID 4 Utility XT894Jellybean
    Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
    Dev-Host
    Batakang

Filesize: 497 MB (521,766,988 bytes)
    MD5: B8E86DDCC3C59571E7AB086BE13BD89D

- Windows Instructions
    Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
    Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
    Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
    Code:
    cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean:
    Code:
     1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
      2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
      3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
      4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. (This is working on the DROID 4 as well.)

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!
    I repacked the Utility to include the latest stock ROM v. 188 and SafeStrap v. 3.73, ofc updated bat and sh scripts as well.

You can download it from my site: Updated D4 Utility [503 MB (528*096*468 bytes)] and md5 (f5e66d598ab69c4fd127c36d87efc392).

EDIT: Or from Dev-Host :) Not sure what their policies are, how long will it stay there - uploaded anonymously.

I might not be able to keep it a my site too long though. @MattLgrof would you like to replace your original utility with this version? I don't need any credit, just don't want to throw my work away :)

It's virus-checked with up-to-date Avast, working on a freshly re-installed computer, so it should be risk-free :)
    i noticed the root method used with this utility uses a different superuser
    when i used this and tried to use either the verizon tether or wifi tether for root users it wouldn't work because of the su used. But when i downloaded and used a different razor root script that installed supersu everything works great
    just a fyi

i used this for rooting
    http://vulnfactory.org/public/razr_blade.zip

also using this there is no need to put your device in mtp mode
    Good call.... I had SS on the brain. I meant Saferoot. thank you my friend.:)
    had a little time so I made [Video] Droid 4 root with SafeRoot and installing SafeStrap
    Use Razr Blade root for D4 on jellybean (4.2-4.3) link
    Use Razr Edge root for Droid 4 with ics (4.0.X) link
    Use Motofail for Droid 4 on gingerbread (2.3.X) link

Troubleshooting Razr Blade Root
    check settings
    -Settings > Apps > Smart Actions > Clear data
    -Settings > Storage > ≡ Button > USB computer connection > Select "Media device (MTP)
    -Run the exploit again.
    every time it says "rebooting" as soon as the device goes off, disconnect usb, waited for device to fully boot before reconnecting usb and then it will continue the process.

It's not unusual for virus scanners, to see rooting tools as viruses or trojans, because they often are.
    a Virus scanner may remove the exploit used in gaining root access, without any notification
    If rooting is failing, try turning off virus protection before downloading and during rooting.