MMS issue..last try for help for an FXZ...

Search This thread

Metfanant

Jan 10, 2011
Edit: that should be need aome help BEFORE an FXZ...

I've mentioned this in a few threads and nobody else seems to have the same problem...

Ever since rooting and updating to 4.4 I have not been able to send an MMS with WiFi enabled...the phone will not kick over to 4g to send the message...

- If I turn WiFi off they send fine

- I can receive them fine with WiFi on or off no problem...

I have not don't a factory reset, but this seems like it would be a system issue which a factory reset won't help...I don't want to FXZ because I'll lose root...but its becoming annoying to deal with...

So hopefully SOMEONE can help me lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hawkswind1

Jun 11, 2012
I have two suggestions. Try switching from Global to LTE/CDMA. If that doesn't work try to send one with your ad blocker disabled, assuming you use one. Seems strange but some people on Verizon forums say it solved the same issue you describe on the S4.

Also wondering if you use the LTE OnOff app and set it to CDMA (auto) if it would send. Maybe you have low 4G signal at home? I have low signal at my home but my phone always finds the 4G signal. However it's rare I can get any data from it. I get better reception with 3G. I know you said it sends fine over 4G with wifi off but might be worth experimenting with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metfanant

Metfanant

Jan 10, 2011
I have two suggestions. Try switching from Global to LTE/CDMA. If that doesn't work try to send one with your ad blocker disabled, assuming you use one. Seems strange but some people on Verizon forums say it solved the same issue you describe on the S4.

Also wondering if you use the LTE OnOff app and set it to CDMA (auto) if it would send. Maybe you have low 4G signal at home? I have low signal at my home but my phone always finds the 4G signal. However it's rare I can get any data from it. I get better reception with 3G. I know you said it sends fine over 4G with wifi off but might be worth experimenting with.

Hallelujah!

I had already tried switching the network off global...4g signal is fine at home...

BUT...it was the ad blocker! Switched it off and bam! MMS sends...now...to try and figure out what is blocking mms on WiFi...

Can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate your help!!

Indigo Wine

Feb 1, 2014
Hallelujah!

I had already tried switching the network off global...4g signal is fine at home...

BUT...it was the ad blocker! Switched it off and bam! MMS sends...now...to try and figure out what is blocking mms on WiFi...

Can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate your help!!

It's popular bag....try to issue Hangouts (or another sms|mms-sender...not standart messenger .
It's help to me...maybe help u too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.