[102414]Get CM11 based ROM work with F240x variants using this kernel - 100% working!

Search This thread

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Hi all! I just found and tested a kernel in LGVIET forum, courtesy of rui962190105.
It is made to work with the latest CM11 nightlies. It is working perfectly with the latest nightly I flashed.
It is also working with the latest VANIR and I guess also COMMOTIO.

Tested working with this ROMs:

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
4. AICP 4.4.4
5. CM11 latest nightlies
6. PAC 4.4.4
7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
8. CARBON 4.4.4

I managed to test AICP, VANIR, CM11, BeanStalk and COMMOTIO with this, and no problems still.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-khXRwmmbnnSm0tUkVrdzE0dlk/view?usp=sharing

That is the kernel itself. Feel free to test it. I am on VANIR now and all is perfectly functioning.

How to:

1. Flash your CM11 ROM
2. Flash GAPPS
3. Flash this kernel
4. Kaching!

Of course do the wipes needed, and please use latest recovery.

IMPORTANT!

1.) If coming from stock F240x, I suggest flash first the ROM first:

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716050

2.) Then install FREEGEE, install CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery, place the CM11 ROM, GAPPS, this KERNEL to your device storage.

2.1.) I advise to flash Philz Touch recovery after CWM from FreeGee. It is much better.

3.) Reboot to recovery, make a backup first to be sure, do the wipes, flash as instructed above, do another dalvik wipe, boot to system.

4.) If all is well, then you are good. If not report back here.

BUGS (I guess):

- NFC (I dunno if it's the KERNEL or the ROM)
- Battery drains like 1% per 2 hours as for me, in Standby Mode.

Last edited:

scufutz

Jun 1, 2009
I see 240 there ... Where can i find a cm11 for 240 series ... ?

Sent from my LG-F240K using Tapatalk

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Is this up 2date...I'll see and post screen shots

===am using the e980 on tmo and this dosent wrk for us(e980) it just sits at lg screen

This is a kernel for F240 K/S/L variants that wants to flash the CM11 nightlies for E98x.

I see 240 there ... Where can i find a cm11 for 240 series ... ?

There are no builds specifically for the F240, but with this kernel, you can use the CM11 nightly builds for E98x, for the F240x variant.

chizhk

Feb 2, 2014
Any idea if this will work with CWM 6.0.4.4 (and not 6.0.4.7 that was specified)?

Last edited:

chizhk

Feb 2, 2014
If you want to really test this, just follow my instructions above. It will GET you there.
That's the point. You are talking about FREEGEE installation and I don't want to deal with FREEGEE, that's why I was looking for a way to install CWM 6.0.4.5 or above directly.
Anyway, I will give it a try with CWM 6.0.4.4 that my phone has.

scufutz

Jun 1, 2009
That's the point. You are talking about FREEGEE installation and I don't want to deal with FREEGEE, that's why I was looking for a way to install CWM 6.0.4.5 or above directly.
Anyway, I will give it a try with CWM 6.0.4.4 that my phone has.
Hi
Let us know how its goes...
Ext sdcard ... Qremote ...
Thx

chizhk

Feb 2, 2014
Well, here is the short review:

1. Tried to install using CWM 6.0.4.4 that I had. No success. The installation failed on checking phone's model for CM11 zip that I downloaded from the official site. Theoretically, it can be easily overcome by repacking the installation zip and small fix in the script, but I am not sure it wouldn't fail on something else after that. So, whoever wants to install it with lower CWM version, it will likely not work.
2. I installed FREEGEE and activated CWM 6.0.4.7 installation from FREEGEE menu. Rebooted into the recovery after and CWM 6.0.4.7 was there. A tip for doing the same - the backups I had (and which were done via old CWM 6.0.4.4) became invisible for the new CWM version. So, you must rebackup your ROM before you continue, otherwise you can find yourself without an option to revert. BTW, 6.0.4.4 version had also touch controls, and the new doesn't :(
3. After taking the backup, I continued according to the instructions and all went good. Got well known CM that I had on my old Galaxy II a while ago.
4. So far, things work - all basic operations that I used were OK, SD card is visible, no issues at the moment though I am using it for a half day, so can't report batter life for example (Sphinx 1.5 that I had before had a great battery life).
5. Unfortunately, GPS signal losing that my phone has from time to time (and this was the reason for trying CM 11, though I understood that it is not likely that ROM can cause to this, just wanted to give it a chance) is still here and it happens exactly like it was with stock, MIUI, Sphinx (which is based on stock). Still can't find the solution for my GPS issues.

scufutz

Jun 1, 2009

1. Tried to install using CWM 6.0.4.4 that I had. No success. The installation failed on checking phone's model for CM11 zip that I downloaded from the official site. Theoretically, it can be easily overcome by repacking the installation zip and small fix in the script, but I am not sure it wouldn't fail on something else after that. So, whoever wants to install it with lower CWM version, it will likely not work.
2. I installed FREEGEE and activated CWM 6.0.4.7 installation from FREEGEE menu. Rebooted into the recovery after and CWM 6.0.4.7 was there. A tip for doing the same - the backups I had (and which were done via old CWM 6.0.4.4) became invisible for the new CWM version. So, you must rebackup your ROM before you continue, otherwise you can find yourself without an option to revert. BTW, 6.0.4.4 version had also touch controls, and the new doesn't :(
3. After taking the backup, I continued according to the instructions and all went good. Got well known CM that I had on my old Galaxy II a while ago.
4. So far, things work - all basic operations that I used were OK, SD card is visible, no issues at the moment though I am using it for a half day, so can't report batter life for example (Sphinx 1.5 that I had before had a great battery life).
5. Unfortunately, GPS signal losing that my phone has from time to time (and this was the reason for trying CM 11, though I understood that it is not likely that ROM can cause to this, just wanted to give it a chance) is still here and it happens exactly like it was with stock, MIUI, Sphinx (which is based on stock). Still can't find the solution for my GPS issues.
have you tried faterfix for gps ? i always have it in,my titanium backup
works on every rom

chizhk

Feb 2, 2014
have you tried faterfix for gps ? i always have it in,my titanium backup
works on every rom

FasterFix (and similar applications) can help a little for initial GPS fix. My problem is different, the signal gets lost periodically (sometimes very frequently, even each 30-40 seconds) though the initial fix can be quite OK, around a half of minute.

About the thread subject - the battery life is not so good. The phone approximately loses 5% each hour when it is idle most of the time (just a few occasional calls). According to the battery details, most is spent on 'Cell standby', I suspect it does not go sleeping and wakes up all the time.
Since my GPS problem (which was my motivation to try CM11) is not solved, I am switching back to my backup (Spinx 1.5).

Ahad Ejaz

Mar 18, 2013
Anyone having issues with ring tone there's no volume when I get a call

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Never mind that was due to my profile anyways the battery is kind of mediocre

Reactions: MitoTakatori

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City

Thanks for the detailed report. Got no issues at all from basic to semi-comlicated functions. Battery is an issue though.

Anyone having issues with ring tone there's no volume when I get a call

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Never mind that was due to my profile anyways the battery is kind of mediocre

Yes, battery seems to be not that good. I'll try to have changes in it. Thanks.

Ahad Ejaz

Mar 18, 2013
I think the problem with the battery is the inability to go to deep sleep
Cause its only the stand by time that's actually much worse than stock as well as the music playback

Ahad Ejaz

Mar 18, 2013
Here is a screenshot of my battery stats
As you can see even after turning WiFi off I'm still getting massive battery drain

Attachments

• 1403485853434.jpg
    1403485853434.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 107

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! I just found and tested a kernel in LGVIET forum, courtesy of rui962190105.
    It is made to work with the latest CM11 nightlies. It is working perfectly with the latest nightly I flashed.
    It is also working with the latest VANIR and I guess also COMMOTIO.

Tested working with this ROMs:

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
    2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
    3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
    4. AICP 4.4.4
    5. CM11 latest nightlies
    6. PAC 4.4.4
    7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
    8. CARBON 4.4.4

I managed to test AICP, VANIR, CM11, BeanStalk and COMMOTIO with this, and no problems still.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-khXRwmmbnnSm0tUkVrdzE0dlk/view?usp=sharing

That is the kernel itself. Feel free to test it. I am on VANIR now and all is perfectly functioning.

How to:

1. Flash your CM11 ROM
    2. Flash GAPPS
    3. Flash this kernel
    4. Kaching!

Of course do the wipes needed, and please use latest recovery.

IMPORTANT!

1.) If coming from stock F240x, I suggest flash first the ROM first:

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716050

2.) Then install FREEGEE, install CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery, place the CM11 ROM, GAPPS, this KERNEL to your device storage.

2.1.) I advise to flash Philz Touch recovery after CWM from FreeGee. It is much better.

3.) Reboot to recovery, make a backup first to be sure, do the wipes, flash as instructed above, do another dalvik wipe, boot to system.

4.) If all is well, then you are good. If not report back here.

BUGS (I guess):

- NFC (I dunno if it's the KERNEL or the ROM)
    - Battery drains like 1% per 2 hours as for me, in Standby Mode.
    Updated. Taken from 4.4.4. Credits to rui and wang_sai.
    Is there any difference in the battery life

Somehow. GO SMS PRO is the one killing my batt. Other than that, it's great.

I updated my kernel this noon and it looks much better, have to wait 24h for a real feed-back.
    edit : i'm running on CM11 nightlies