Pattern Lock.. Defeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dr boron

Mar 6, 2009
Extra Step

Haykuro,

Your method works but the phone still asks for the account details (even though the screen can be dismissed) when woken. Another sql command fixes this:

update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen_lockedoutpermanently';

MattyMatt5481

Jan 24, 2009
this is good because this will give us a step in the direction of being able to have a slide lock, a number lock, or both. Instead of removing the pattern lock, Id rather have the opportunity to choose which security method i want to take advantage of, slide lock, possibly a number based unlock, maybe if its developed, we can have it included in a JF update or something in the future

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
So how would you actually clear the pattern?
Lets say that someone has forgotten their pattern, clears the pattern requirement from the database, then goes into the menu and selects "change unlock pattern" -- it still asks for the old unlock pattern in order to change it.

DrMight

Apr 6, 2009
Borrowed my phone to my brother for 1hr.
He knew the unlockpattern, but sat toying with it anyways, ending in getting the 'Too many pattern attempts' screen.

Tried signing in with my google account (using it as my main email account, so I know the information I enter is correct), but I'm only getting 'Invalid username or password' message.

Also tried everything mentioned in this thread, with no results (haven't flashed/ restored factory settings yet, as I see that as a last option due to everything that is on the phone).

Tried changing the SQL variables mentioned above, but keep getting SQL error: not an error.
Just ignoring the error messages, I complete all the steps in your guide, including the one with lockscreen_lockedoutpermanently mentioned later in the thread, but after rebooting my phone, I still get the 'Too many pattern attempts' screen.

You got any idea what's causing this, why I get the no error error, and why I cant remove the 'Too many pattern attempts' screen?

DrMight

Apr 6, 2009
As you can see of my previous post, I didnt get this to work..
Might have something to do with my firmware or something; 1.1 , build number dream_devphone-userbug 1.1 UNLOCKED 130444 test-keys.

Anyways, with good help of this site I finally managed to unlock my phone..

The names & such wasn't the same, so when I figured the names and how it all worked, I was able to solve my problem...

Code:
> adb -d shell
su
# sqlite3 data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
sqlite> .header on
sqlite> .mode column
select * from system;
Now, in the table, find the ID of the two lines called lockscreen.l and lock_pattern, in my case; 558 and 1126
Code:
sqlite> update system set value=0 where _id=558;
sqlite> update system set value=0 where _id=1126;
.exit
exit
exit
Reboot the phone, and you should be able to acess everything again..
Worked for me atleast..

timredmond

May 20, 2009
EDIT: updated with step-by-step instructions.

Step 1. Download the Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/)
Step 2. Make sure to configure the ADB usb interface drivers (search the forums for more information on this if you're confused.)
Step 3. Plug your G1 into your computer (via usb). (Settings -> Application -> Development -> USB Debugging, must be enabled [it is enabled by default in JesusFreke releases i think])
Step 4. Open command prompt and enter the following:
Code:
> adb -d shell
sqlite> update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
sqlite> .exit
# exit
Step 5. Now power off the phone, and turn it back on. Tada! No more pattern lock.
I have the Too many pattern attempts on my G1. I have tried to enter the code into my command prompt and cannot seem to get it to work. Do I have to type the entire code into the command prompt on my computer after installing and running the Android sdk then press enter on my computer?
I downloaded from the developer page.
I could not find how to configure the ADB usb interface driver. I have search everywhere.
I connected the G1 via USB, but cannot access controls on the device since it is locked.
I opened the command prompt and tried to copy the code into the command prompt.
Please help anyone.

> adb -d shell
sqlite> .exit
# exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: updated with step-by-step instructions.

Step 1. Download the Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/)
    Step 2. Make sure to configure the ADB usb interface drivers (search the forums for more information on this if you're confused.)
    Step 3. Plug your G1 into your computer (via usb). (Settings -> Application -> Development -> USB Debugging, must be enabled [it is enabled by default in JesusFreke releases i think])
    Step 4. Open command prompt and enter the following:
    Code:
    > adb -d shell
    sqlite> .exit
    # exit
    Step 5. Now power off the phone, and turn it back on. Tada! No more pattern lock.