Verizon will not replace/fix defected phone

Search This thread

wireeater

Mar 15, 2011
Richmond
OnePlus 7 Pro
LG Velvet
So I have had a few issues with the Galaxy S5 in a little over a month. The first being, over time the charging port started feeling loose. You would have to press it a lot more firmly to get seated/sealed. Then one day I happened to look down at it and noticed it was gone. The hinge is still there it just appears the cover came off. I also have an issue with the camera. It's showing a line of purple/bluish color on all of the pictures and videos. You can also see them on the view finder.

I took my phone to the authorized dealer where I purchased it from. They called the Verizon tech support. They wanted to troubleshoot the issue before moving forward. I let them know I am a technical savvy person and did most of what anyone else could do over the phone. Obviously the asked me to do things I've already tried (to fix the camera). Nothing worked. However... they said that in order for them (the guy on the phone) to take the phone back and replace it that they would need to have the little port cover that obviously fell off somewhere with the phone when it was shipped otherwise it would be considered damage and I will have to make a claim with my insurance.

That did not make sense to me at all, nor am I going to pay 100$ for a replacement on something that was not actually damaged. Plus the camera is still messed up.

Does this sound right? I tried going to a corporate store but they said they can't do anything about it since I didn't buy it from there. The phone is on the EDGE program. I kind of didn't understand that since I am leasing the phone directly from Verizon, why it should matter where I should take it.

I attached an image of the camera issue. Has anyone else seen this problem yet?

Attachments

• 20140608_161018.jpg
    20140608_161018.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
So I have had a few issues with the Galaxy S5 in a little over a month. The first being, over time the charging port started feeling loose. You would have to press it a lot more firmly to get seated/sealed. Then one day I happened to look down at it and noticed it was gone. The hinge is still there it just appears the cover came off. I also have an issue with the camera. It's showing a line of purple/bluish color on all of the pictures and videos. You can also see them on the view finder.

I took my phone to the authorized dealer where I purchased it from. They called the Verizon tech support. They wanted to troubleshoot the issue before moving forward. I let them know I am a technical savvy person and did most of what anyone else could do over the phone. Obviously the asked me to do things I've already tried (to fix the camera). Nothing worked. However... they said that in order for them (the guy on the phone) to take the phone back and replace it that they would need to have the little port cover that obviously fell off somewhere with the phone when it was shipped otherwise it would be considered damage and I will have to make a claim with my insurance.

That did not make sense to me at all, nor am I going to pay 100$ for a replacement on something that was not actually damaged. Plus the camera is still messed up.

Does this sound right? I tried going to a corporate store but they said they can't do anything about it since I didn't buy it from there. The phone is on the EDGE program. I kind of didn't understand that since I am leasing the phone directly from Verizon, why it should matter where I should take it.

I attached an image of the camera issue. Has anyone else seen this problem yet?

You can order a new 'cover' for the charging port for cheap iirc.. unless you don't want to try faking a new piece with an old problem.

Also, have not personally noticed the colored lines you speak of in photos.