[Completed] Need help with rooting Ascend Y300!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

goku1234567890

Feb 6, 2014
Karachi
Hello guys how are you? i found this thread here which explains how can i root my phone without unlocking bootloader. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41714109). I just wanted to ask one thing that how can i install a software so that i can backup official rom incase anything goes wrong and i have to re-flash that rom and if anyone can tell me the procedure to do it. And if you guys could, can anyone one of you tell me how can i unroot it if i need to sent it for warranty. Thanks that is all i wanted to ask

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Darth

Hi!

You can ask questions in the thread you linked. For any help, that's where to ask.

I'll tell you though, after looking at that, you can't install a custom recovery.... So backing up your whole system won't be possible. Not without a custom recovery to do it.

If you're very concerned.... Don't do it. :)

Good luck!

goku1234567890

Feb 6, 2014
Karachi
Hi!

You can ask questions in the thread you linked. For any help, that's where to ask.

I'll tell you though, after looking at that, you can't install a custom recovery.... So backing up your whole system won't be possible. Not without a custom recovery to do it.

If you're very concerned.... Don't do it. :)

Good luck!
So i did root this phone although not by the one mentioned in the thread (i installed the drivers but the unlock root couldn't detect my device). I followed another method in which i have to unlock bootloader and in that i could only reach to the point of unlocking boot loader and flashing twrp recovery but twrp recovery screen wasn't working so i was stuck with unlocked bootloader and browsed the net for several hours until i found the
ProHunter method of Modaco forum in which he provided a complete software to unlock, install recovery, and then install SuperSU. But now i am concerned about one thing. Can anybody of guys tell me how can i completely backup my system so that i can restore it if something bad happens? And can any of you guys be kind enough and tell me how can i backup my stock rom i would be in forever debt of you. Thanks for the reply.

D

Darth

So i did root this phone although not by the one mentioned in the thread (i installed the drivers but the unlock root couldn't detect my device). I followed another method in which i have to unlock bootloader and in that i could only reach to the point of unlocking boot loader and flashing twrp recovery but twrp recovery screen wasn't working so i was stuck with unlocked bootloader and browsed the net for several hours until i found the
ProHunter method of Modaco forum in which he provided a complete software to unlock, install recovery, and then install SuperSU. But now i am concerned about one thing. Can anybody of guys tell me how can i completely backup my system so that i can restore it if something bad happens? And can any of you guys be kind enough and tell me how can i backup my stock rom i would be in forever debt of you. Thanks for the reply.
You need a custom recovery installed, like twrp or cwm, then you do a nandroid backup in the recovery.

Any further questions about that device should go here...

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

We are here to provide directions around the site... Not support. ☺

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.