Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

********* OP Updated - AOSP 4.2.1 ONLY *********

Another ktoonservative test for you guys, this is fully sync'd with CM 10 again and has new algorithm for hot-plugging!!!

http://goo.gl/xUrML

Again, let me know ASAP if things are scrolling fine with this one. Im pretty sure I got it!!!!!!!:good:

Just flashed and setup and seems great so far will report back after sometime. Question tho..... I am using ktoonservative but I can't find qosmgr file in system/bin is that not needed any longer to change the file?

Sent from my galaxy nexus using Tapatalk 2

jon.s.nelson

Aug 16, 2012
Jerusalem
ondemand parameters

Hi ktoonsez. I'm trying to tweak the ondemand governor to match my needs. I have a Hyperion extended battery so I'm going for performance boost to the max, without "worrying" about battery too much.
I'm currently setting my freqs between 972-1890 and I've got my up threshold to 70. Wondering about "optimal_freq" and "sync_freq" which are set to 384 by default. Should I up those to max my current lowest (ie. 972) or should I leave them? I can't seem to find any explanation of what those parameters do...

I like slower transition animations (2x) in my ROMs and the CPU performance boost seems to help the smoothness of the transitions (while boosting overall ROM speed of course)
Thanks!

BTW, I'm on Illusion's CM10.1 AOSP

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Hi ktoonsez. I'm trying to tweak the ondemand governor to match my needs. I have a Hyperion extended battery so I'm going for performance boost to the max, without "worrying" about battery too much.
I'm currently setting my freqs between 972-1890 and I've got my up threshold to 70. Wondering about "optimal_freq" and "sync_freq" which are set to 384 by default. Should I up those to max my current lowest (ie. 972) or should I leave them? I can't seem to find any explanation of what those parameters do...

I like slower transition animations (2x) in my ROMs and the CPU performance boost seems to help the smoothness of the transitions (while boosting overall ROM speed of course)
Thanks!

BTW, I'm on Illusion's CM10.1 AOSP

I would up them to 972.

Reactions: jon.s.nelson

leetone

Sep 6, 2012
I saw some kernels add a random generator to their kernel similar to Seeder. Any plans for this in the future?

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
********* OP Updated - AOSP 4.2.1 ONLY *********

4fb98c4be2161.png

*****NEW ***** 4.2.1 JELLYBEAN VERSION FOR AOSP:
http://www.mediafire.com/?it994bdoyz914ra

Change Log 1.8.2013
1. Added Yoyo mode to ktoonservative (mimics the test from 1/5) and is DISABLED by default
2. To enable yoyo mode, set "use_yoyo_cpuload" to a 1, I recommend setting "cpu_down_block_cycles" to a 22 or 44.
3. You can enable yoyo if you feel ktoonservative is lagy since moving to 4.2. It does jump around the Mhz range and hotplugs the 2nd cpu alot more than normal mode but is very responsive!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
OP Updated

4fb98c4be2161.png

ICS VERSIONS:
AOSP VERSION: Download CWM flashable zip kernel
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l5f3pqbrbfddrgn

Touchwiz Version: Download CWM flashable zip kernel
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iql5l95u484cgm9

JELLYBEAN 4.1 VERSIONS:
AOSP JELLYBEAN: Download CWM flashable zip kernel
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jc49b9xutxamcp1

Touchwiz JELLYBEAN: Download CWM flashable zip kernel
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?etk37v5590266cv

Change Log 1.9
1. Built with newest Linaro compiler so its EVEN FASTER (about 25 billion times faster)
2. Added Row scheduler to all other versions
3. Added Zen scheduler to all other versions
4. CM patches for AOSP guys
5. Thats all I can remember

*****4.2 Specific*****Change Log 1.9
1. Added Yoyo mode to ktoonservative (mimics the test from 1/5) and is DISABLED by default
2. To enable yoyo mode, set "use_yoyo_cpuload" to a 1, I recommend setting "cpu_down_block_cycles" to a 22 or 44.
3. You can enable yoyo if you feel ktoonservative is lagy since moving to 4.2. It does jump around the Mhz range and hotplugs the 2nd cpu alot more than normal mode but is very responsive!.

ENJOY

Reactions: J-ROCK and elesbb

Xx_silenzer_xX

Feb 1, 2011
Just flashed your kernel so far everything is fast and smooth and it was 4.1 so jelly bean thx for your hardwork :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Where's the Ktweaker App So I can Over clock ! ?

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Just flashed your kernel so far everything is fast and smooth and it was 4.1 so jelly bean thx for your hardwork :)

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Where's the Ktweaker App So I can Over clock ! ?

in your app drawer...

leechy

May 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
are there any specific instructions for flashing over an older version of the kernel? wipe cache/dalvik...do you need to clear the app data for KTweaker?

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA

Hello, what changes were made to the JB, TW kernel? I have had issues with people on the other end of a call. They say I sound bad, choppy, in a tunel etc. I have tested against faux and stock kernel. I get perfect results only with stock. I am really s fan of you work as well as faux and love your app to tweak the kernel. I would like to test your work but if you could give me some suggestions on how to have your work run smooth with calls would be great. I dont uv or ov, I do oc and I usually I choose to use intellidemand gov.

Sent from my Wicked fast SGS3!

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Hello, what changes were made to the JB, TW kernel? I have had issues with people on the other end of a call. They say I sound bad, choppy, in a tunel etc. I have tested against faux and stock kernel. I get perfect results only with stock. I am really s fan of you work as well as faux and love your app to tweak the kernel. I would like to test your work but if you could give me some suggestions on how to have your work run smooth with calls would be great. I dont uv or ov, I do oc and I usually I choose to use intellidemand gov.

The only changes to TJ were adding the row and zen schedulers and updated compiler. You might have to try a different ROM just to see if the problem follows you, I have not heard of that issue from anyone else. If it follows to another RM then you might want to try add 5 to 25 mV to see if that changes anything of trying to set minimum to 486 just to test and narrow it down.

Reactions: akapaul26

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
The only changes to TJ were adding the row and zen schedulers and updated compiler. You might have to try a different ROM just to see if the problem follows you, I have not heard of that issue from anyone else. If it follows to another RM then you might want to try add 5 to 25 mV to see if that changes anything of trying to set minimum to 486 just to test and narrow it down.

The sound is more so that it sounds like I have a slight robot voice or like a scratchy throat. On the other end. I have tried it on frosty and wicked. I Just installed the new release on wicked and its better but still there. I remember just after you released the 12.12.12 kernel there was discussion on this, maybe it was missed. I will try what you mentioned. As far as testing I have tried it on two roms, I may have had tried on another as well but I dont remember. Like I said its fine on stock kernel! Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

Edit: I raised the voltages 5 steps first, it cleared the issue a little but the caller said it was a noticible difference. I took and lowered the 5 back down and raised it 25. The caller said this time I was clear as day. I am still at 384 min clock. Thanks for all your help, at least I can enjoy your kernel and my callers wont complain anymore!

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
The sound is more so that it sounds like I have a slight robot voice or like a scratchy throat. On the other end. I have tried it on frosty and wicked. I Just installed the new release on wicked and its better but still there. I remember just after you released the 12.12.12 kernel there was discussion on this, maybe it was missed. I will try what you mentioned. As far as testing I have tried it on two roms, I may have had tried on another as well but I dont remember. Like I said its fine on stock kernel! Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

Edit: I raised the voltages 5 steps first, it cleared the issue a little but the caller said it was a noticible difference. I took and lowered the 5 back down and raised it 25. The caller said this time I was clear as day. I am still at 384 min clock. Thanks for all your help, at least I can enjoy your kernel and my callers wont complain anymore!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, glad that was the fix :highfive: :good:

Reactions: akapaul26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts