[APP][2.3+] Redirect File Organizer - An automatic file organizer.

Search This thread

Px80

Feb 19, 2012
what do i have to select if i want to transfer all pictures (like from whatsapp and downloaded via mail) into one folder with the camshots?

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
what do i have to select if i want to transfer all pictures (like from whatsapp and downloaded via mail) into one folder with the camshots?

Very easy.
Create new folder at which you want to transfer all pictures.
Now select new custom redirects.
Give name to that redirect
Now enter file formats. For pictures select gif,jpg,raw

Enter redirect folder which you have created for picture.

Then enter black or white folder if needed.
For e.g. if you don't want to transfer files from camera folder. Then select camera folder in black list.

Same for white list. If you want to select whatsapp image then select that folder.

Finaly save redirect by create. Done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Px80

c-droid

Dec 28, 2013
Nice app, this will be useful, as of now, CyanogenMod and most other custom ROM's Camera/Gallery apps does not have options to save photos and videos to external SD.

Does the redirection happens automatically? e.g. when it detects a new file(s) or when the phone goes on stand-by...
or I have to run it manually or have it run automatically with other app like Tasker?

I saw on the settings the options to automatically run the redirection on background every time interval. If I may request additional feature/option regarding the interval, if you could add an option to run it once after the device goes on stand-by for a certain period of time then it will be trigger again only after the device had some activities then went to stand-by again.

Last edited:

c-droid

Dec 28, 2013
Hi, just wanted to report something...

Using simple redirect to move Movies & Videos and custom redirect to move photos (jpg) from /storage/DCIM/Camera to external SD leaves behind thumbnails on the gallery, for the photos that have been redirected it leaves black thumbnails, for the videos the snapshot is still there, but when you try to open the file, error prompts that it cannot be found, but the broken thumbnails still remains until you delete them from the gallery.

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
It is not problem regarding application. It is because your gallery not scaning media file after changes.
You have to do media scan manually after moving files.

Px80

Feb 19, 2012
may it be possible to redirect just a copy of the original. Like a backup of the files.

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Very nice app!!! I have used it 1 time and it transferred all whatsapp media in my custom folder (all went correctly), but next times I'm trying to use it, it doesn't work. It shows notification and it disappear immediately, then it does nothing. Last redirect time doesn't update, il remains the first time I used this app... what can I do? thanks in advance... (I have last version 2.0.2, free version updated to Pro thanks to AppGratis)

xenor

Sep 27, 2007
Omaha, NE
Substitution for Symbolic Links?

So I've been looking around for a solution to cleaning up my storage and organizing my folders. I have a rooted HTC One which only has internal storage and its "SDCard" is emulated. I was hoping to redirect various applications storage into a Media subfolder, but I'm not sure that I'm using your program correctly. I thought I would set up a folder redirect as such:

Redirect From: /storage/emulated/0/Pictures
Redirect To: /storage/emulated/0/Media/Pics

When I run the redirect, nothing happens. Eventually, I was hoping to set up redirects for Tumblr, Reddit_Pro, Imgur, Flickr and a bunch of other apps. Instead of saving files to their respective directories off of root, I'm hoping they will all get redirected to the /Media/Pics and then look for their subfolder there.

I'm guessing this is an oft-repeated request, but I haven't had much luck tracking down a solution. The "filesystem" on my HTCOne reports as FUSE, though I'm guessing that it's FAT at the end of the day. I am unable to use linux commands to create links or similar (mount, ln, etc...)

I thought that this was what your program did, but it seems to be a batch file mover that runs on a schedule or on demand. I guess that would work as well, but I don't seem to have much luck with running it so far. Will a folder redirect also move files and subfolders? If I move files around via Windows Explorer, do I have to wait until I disconnect the USB for changes to take effect?

akyhussain

Oct 27, 2013
Not working

Please can somebody help.

I am trying to run a Custom Redirect. I want to redirect music that go into my Downloads folder (internal storage) to a designated music folder in my external SD card. Whenever I try to run the custom redirect, nothing moves. I then thought maybe the problem is that this app does not allow moving from internal storage to SD card. SO I tried moving the music in Downloads to a test folder also in internal storage and that worked! So I think it is something to do with redirecting from internal storage to SD. Please can somebody help.

I have attached an image of the settings within the custom redirect, a screenshot showing that when I preview the redirect it shows that my specific mp3 will be included, and a final screenshot showing that the song has still remained in the downloads folder after running the redirect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-04-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-04-18.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-04-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-04-41.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-05-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-17-05-01.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 180

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
Please can somebody help.

I am trying to run a Custom Redirect. I want to redirect music that go into my Downloads folder (internal storage) to a designated music folder in my external SD card. Whenever I try to run the custom redirect, nothing moves. I then thought maybe the problem is that this app does not allow moving from internal storage to SD card. SO I tried moving the music in Downloads to a test folder also in internal storage and that worked! So I think it is something to do with redirecting from internal storage to SD. Please can somebody help.

I have attached an image of the settings within the custom redirect, a screenshot showing that when I preview the redirect it shows that my specific mp3 will be included, and a final screenshot showing that the song has still remained in the downloads folder after running the redirect.

Can other applications write to your external SD card?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Redirect File Organizer

Released on the 3rd of December 2013, Redirect File Organizer is the first app that organises your storage space for you - the concept at a basic level is simple - you tell my app where you want files to go, and they will go there

As featured:

• Android Authority
    • Droid Life
    • Addictive Tips
    • El Android Libre
    • Android World

There are tons of uses for the app:

• Create one folder for all your music, no matter where it is downloaded from on your storage.
    • Create one folder for your movies and video files.
    • Create custom redirects that move certain types of files to certain places with every variable (blacklists,whitelists) defined.
    • Move your downloads folder from your Internal to External Storage.
    • Organize your GIF files.
    • Keep your documents in one place.
    • Use folder redirects to sync folders.
    • And coming soon: delete all empty folders in your storage.

And more - the app can customize to your needs!

Image Links:
    i.imgur.com/AjOJPBo.png
    i.imgur.com/IMjeRhs.png
    i.imgur.com/x45Pgx9.png
    i.imgur.com/PblZyBr.png
    i.imgur.com/7D9IiQZ.png
    i.imgur.com/Htv0uI9.png

Features include:
    • A Card UI.
    • Android 2.3 support+
    • Tasker Support
    • A background service.
    • Themes.
    • And tons more!

Custom Redirects work by using selected file extensions and moving all of those file types to a selected folder!

Links are to the Play Store, I unfortunately can't post URLs!

Free: /store/apps/details?id=com.tobino.redirectsfree

(Buying the paid version helps support me In making better apps in the future!)
    Paid: /store/apps/details?id=com.tobino.redirectspaid

I hope you enjoy - there is an update coming out soon!
    I made this for you Dev!

Hello RedirectDev I created a new icon and banner design for your app
    hope you like it let me know what you think

11541557006_0cd1bfd1f4_c.jpg
    Yay Xavier!! :good: :good:

Very easy.
    Create new folder at which you want to transfer all pictures.
    Now select new custom redirects.
    Give name to that redirect
    Now enter file formats. For pictures select gif,jpg,raw

Enter redirect folder which you have created for picture.

Then enter black or white folder if needed.
    For e.g. if you don't want to transfer files from camera folder. Then select camera folder in black list.

Same for white list. If you want to select whatsapp image then select that folder.

Finaly save redirect by create. Done.