[RECOVERY][TOUCH] ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.2.6

Search This thread

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
A few people asked to open a thread for ClockWorkMod.

NON Touch (once again: that's arco's one, I just did the CWM flashable zip):

How to install:
  1. Boot into recovery mode with the two button combo (power key + volume up)
  2. Choose install zip from sdcard
  3. Then Choose zip from sdcard
  4. And finally flash CWM6012-CM9-recovery.zip or CWM6013-TOUCH-CM9-recovery.zip

I assume these are the installation instructions once you already have CWM recovery installed, not possible via stock recovery (e.g. one originally found in the phone).

I would like to install CM9 to one dusty i9001 phone and because it's not mine - just digging into the information provided right now. It does have stock ROM so it's in vanilla state.

- I will root it (found a guide)
- I will install CWM recovery to proceed with CM9 installation

Am I correct in my assumption that this (CWM install) can be done only via ODIN on stock samsung ROMs? e.g. GalaxyS+ have to be in download mode connected to PC and so on...

Thanks
(just to clarify, on my HTC One S you just need few cmds in fastboot to 'play' with it so imo is much cleaner process)

Last edited:

major_stitch

Aug 25, 2012
Zagreb
It's possible to install it from stock recovery, only it is simpler to access custom recoveries since some users have problems accessing the stock recovery. The CWM flashable zip that he put in the first post can only be applied through recovery and not from Odin. I hope this helps you ;)

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
I tried a while ago to do a backup and then a restore with the version 6.0.1.3 touch. The restore went wrong because MD5 checksum failed.

I went back to the previous version (6.0.1.2 touch) that never gave me problems even with the restore (both on my sgs+ and on sgs+ of other friends). For safety, I again tried to make a backup and then a restore with no problems.

I confirm that the 6.0.1.3 version has problems with restore.

Sorry if I haven't tried before... :(

Hi Czobor!
Have you got any news about 6.0.1.3 touch version?
The restore problems have been solved?
Thank you a lot! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
Here's the link: http://d-h.st/5eP
Could you test the restore?
I'm really sorry Czobor,
but also this version doesn't work properly...
The backup process is interrupted before being completed (I tried three times), the restore returns the error on the md5 checksum failed.

EDIT:
I did another backup test, I've attached the zipped recovery.log to this post.
As you can see, the backup process stops after the line "iwspy", then the recovery restarted itself.
I hope this may help you.
Thank you again. :good:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Attachments

• recovery.log.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: tomixdev and czobor

Magic Stick

Dec 21, 2011
Warsaw
I installed the 6.0.1.3 non-touch version, and when i boot into recovery, i just can' t select anything. I can navigate with volume buttons, but home and menu buttons instead of being the select, are navigating also :eek: That sucks, is 6.0.1.2 version working propetly?

alaanto

Jul 9, 2012
Padova
I installed the 6.0.1.3 non-touch version, and when i boot into recovery, i just can' t select anything. I can navigate with volume buttons, but home and menu buttons instead of being the select, are navigating also :eek: That sucks, is 6.0.1.2 version working propetly?

Push a Lot of time menu bottom, and after ot you Can move in it

You should flash touch version :)

tapatalkeggiando allegramente

Reactions: Magic Stick

umb3rts

Feb 3, 2012
Flash 6.0.1.2 touch version, works flawlessy.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 che di originale non ha più nulla con la CyanogenMod RC1 usando Tapatalk 2.

Magic Stick

Dec 21, 2011
Warsaw
Push a Lot of time menu bottom, and after ot you Can move in it

You should flash touch version :)

I prefer the non touch really, i got a few times situation when one of my friends just pushed randomly some options is cwm, so it' s just safer :p
I already flashed 6.0.1.2 with odin, this one working good. The only thing that bothers me is that when i' m in recovery and i leave phone in not used after a little amount of time phone turns off :eek: Should it be like that?

Last edited:

alaanto

Jul 9, 2012
Padova
I prefer the non touch really, i got a few times situation when one of my friends just pushed randomly some options is cwm, so it' s just safer :p
I already flashed 6.0.1.2 with odin, this one working good. The only thing that bothers me is that after i leave phone not used after a little amount of time phone turns off :eek: Should it be like that?

You should do a full wipe but I Don't think that it is one recovery problem, maybe it is one rom problem

hypnos17

Jun 18, 2012
Pan Daemonium
I already flashed 6.0.1.2 with odin, this one working good. The only thing that bothers me is that after i leave phone not used after a little amount of time phone turns off :eek: Should it be like that?

This is a bug, 6.0.1.0 non touch didn't have this bug, but have one bug in mount and storage

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Magic Stick

Mr. Martin

Dec 18, 2011
Hey guys,

right now I am still on FeaMod Recovery, but I want to change to CWM Touch 6.0.1.2. Anything I need to consider before doing this? Or can I just flash CWM over FeaMod?

Mr. Martin

Dec 18, 2011
Okay, so I flashed CWM 6.0.1.2 via FeaMod Recovery. Everything looked fine and I tested the backup feature.

Here a problem occurs. Approximately 1min after the backup process begins, my phone just shuts itself down.

Then I looked into the folder where the backups are saved in. In there are just 3 files: boot.img recovery.img and system.ext4.dup... I have the feeling something's missing?

What's going wrong here?

Top Liked Posts