[Theme] DarkHorse Millennium for CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.1.1 Deodex - (10/30/2013)

Search This thread

dan_joegibbsfan

Sep 19, 2010
Waverly, OH
Screenshot_2013-10-03-09-54-27_zpsbea4df38.png

Screenshot(s)

Please do not repost or use without permission.

Special thanks to Gunthermic!! He is solely responsible for me being able to do any android development. Gunthermic also has some pretty cool apps here and here.

Download Link:DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.1.1-R2.1
MD5: 4ab9be1c644757b869663d69c7ba883f

Old Downloads:DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.1a-R2
MD5: 50061f04d07d42cf6a0a4701371dd6cc
DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.0.4-R1.1
MD5: 0d34b87ef51eb603cbe5247d44e60f3a
DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.0.4-R1
MD5: 7e986c0d9e3a0fc0dec972bacf015985

Changelog:

R2.1: 10/30/2013
  1. Updated to CROMiX5.1.1
  2. Primarily .9patch images in this update

R2: 10/18/2013
  1. 627 Images Created Now
  2. Updated to CROMiX5.1a
  3. framework-res
  4. SystemUI
  5. Transformer
  6. Launcher2
  7. Settings

R1.1: 10/07/2013
  1. 476 Images Created Now (up from about 400 in R1)

R1: 10/03/2013
  1. 100% Batteries
  2. Pointer
  3. Lockring
  4. ICS blue to DarkHorse blue in framework & SystemUI

Last edited:

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Flashed this and got first bootloop on my new tablet
I followed normal procedure any advice would be apriciated
Thanks in advance

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dan_joegibbsfan

Sep 19, 2010
Waverly, OH
Flashed this and got first bootloop on my new tablet
I followed normal procedure any advice would be apriciated
Thanks in advance

Did you install CROMi-X DEODEX?

Edit: I downloaded theme from ADF, wiped, re-installed CROMi-X, booted, flashed theme and all was fine so there isn't anything wrong with the file on ADF.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: taz44410

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Did you install CROMi-X DEODEX?

Edit: I downloaded theme from ADF, wiped, re-installed CROMi-X, booted, flashed theme and all was fine so there isn't anything wrong with the file on ADF.

Was deodexed of course maybe didnt dowload right will try again theme looks awsome

bion59

Oct 12, 2011
Lille
Cromi-X 5.1 Odex ?

Hello, this is version is planned for Cromi-x 5.1 Odex ?

Thank you in advance

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I guess if someone wanted to give me the rundown on how to odex I 'might' be able to give it a shot.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

You can theme the odexed framework and systemui.apks as you would the deodexed ones. You don't need to change the odex file itself. I wouldn't try and rebuild the odex files otherwise you will cause bootloops ;)

Personally I'd just keep the theme for the deodex version as it is much easier to maintain but the same process applies to he odex version if you download it you will see what I mean.

dan_joegibbsfan

Sep 19, 2010
Waverly, OH
I guess if someone wanted to give me the rundown on how to odex I 'might' be able to give it a shot.

I know Strong Steve does a lot with odex theming but I have never done it. How do xml changes affect an odex setup? Don't you build the Deodexed ROM first then apply an odexing process?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I know Strong Steve does a lot with odex theming but I have never done it. How do xml changes affect an odex setup? Don't you build the Deodexed ROM first then apply an odexing process?

If you mean the xml files that are inside the res folder, I'm not sure actually. @pjc21 how does it work on the odex themes??

Reactions: dan_joegibbsfan

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne

If you mean the xml files that are inside the res folder, I'm not sure actually. @pjc21 how does it work on the odex themes??

Yes more than happy to give you a rundown on how I make the odex version of CTM, it's actually pretty easy once you've done the deodex version.

I use a tool called Auto Odexer, however I do it a little different to the instructions on the thread. I don't worry about step 1 with the bootclasspath and also could not get it to run from recovery so I run it with the device loaded in android and it works fine.

So basically what I do is unzip the odex version of CROMi-X and have a look at which apk's (that you theme in the deodex version) have a odex file, so in your case it would be Settings.apk, SystemUI.apk, Transformer.apk and I can't remember if Lanucher2.apk also has an odex file - sorry in NZ atm so can't check as I only have very limited internet access.

The first thing you will need to do is flash CROMi-X odex version, let it boot and settle for a few minutes then you will need to flash your modified framework-res.apk and reboot. Also check that adb is working ok.

Download and unzip the auto odexer zip, I copy the folder to C:/auto odexer, In the auto odexer folder you will see folders "mod" "original" & "pulled files" so pretty easy copy your modified Settings.apk from your deodex theme to the "mod" folder, copy the Settings.apk & Settings.odex files from CROMi-X odex to the "original" folder, connect your device to pc and run the "Auto Odexer script-apk-Alkhafaf" bat file. A command prompt will popup asking for the name of the apk you wish to odex without the .apk so just "Settings" and enter it will do it's thing then give you a menu, I choose 1 to pull the apk.

You will now find Settings.apk & Settings.odex in the "pulled files" folder, I found here that in v2.0 the apk that is pulled was not my modified apk but the original apk (but looks like it may be fixed in v2.1 but have not updated yet to check) if the apk file that is pulled is not your modified one then just cut and paste the Settings.odex file from the "pulled files" folder to the "mod" folder where your modded Settings.apk is then open your modded apk with 7-zip and delete the classes.dex file and close - that's it you should now have modified Settings.apk & Settings.odex file ready to go.

Repeat the steps with your other modified apk's and that's it.

Hope this helps and is not to confusing, if you need any help with any part just let me know.

Paul.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2013-10-03-09-54-27_zpsbea4df38.png

Screenshot(s)

Please do not repost or use without permission.

Special thanks to Gunthermic!! He is solely responsible for me being able to do any android development. Gunthermic also has some pretty cool apps here and here.

Download Link:DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.1.1-R2.1
    MD5: 4ab9be1c644757b869663d69c7ba883f

Old Downloads:DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.1a-R2
    MD5: 50061f04d07d42cf6a0a4701371dd6cc
    DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.0.4-R1.1
    MD5: 0d34b87ef51eb603cbe5247d44e60f3a
    DarkHorse Millenium for CROMiX5.0.4-R1
    MD5: 7e986c0d9e3a0fc0dec972bacf015985

Changelog:

R2.1: 10/30/2013
    1. Updated to CROMiX5.1.1
    2. Primarily .9patch images in this update

R2: 10/18/2013
    1. 627 Images Created Now
    2. Updated to CROMiX5.1a
    3. framework-res
    4. SystemUI
    5. Transformer
    6. Launcher2
    7. Settings

R1.1: 10/07/2013
    1. 476 Images Created Now (up from about 400 in R1)

R1: 10/03/2013
    1. 100% Batteries
    2. Pointer
    3. Lockring
    4. ICS blue to DarkHorse blue in framework & SystemUI

Yes more than happy to give you a rundown on how I make the odex version of CTM, it's actually pretty easy once you've done the deodex version.

I use a tool called Auto Odexer, however I do it a little different to the instructions on the thread. I don't worry about step 1 with the bootclasspath and also could not get it to run from recovery so I run it with the device loaded in android and it works fine.

So basically what I do is unzip the odex version of CROMi-X and have a look at which apk's (that you theme in the deodex version) have a odex file, so in your case it would be Settings.apk, SystemUI.apk, Transformer.apk and I can't remember if Lanucher2.apk also has an odex file - sorry in NZ atm so can't check as I only have very limited internet access.

The first thing you will need to do is flash CROMi-X odex version, let it boot and settle for a few minutes then you will need to flash your modified framework-res.apk and reboot. Also check that adb is working ok.

Download and unzip the auto odexer zip, I copy the folder to C:/auto odexer, In the auto odexer folder you will see folders "mod" "original" & "pulled files" so pretty easy copy your modified Settings.apk from your deodex theme to the "mod" folder, copy the Settings.apk & Settings.odex files from CROMi-X odex to the "original" folder, connect your device to pc and run the "Auto Odexer script-apk-Alkhafaf" bat file. A command prompt will popup asking for the name of the apk you wish to odex without the .apk so just "Settings" and enter it will do it's thing then give you a menu, I choose 1 to pull the apk.

You will now find Settings.apk & Settings.odex in the "pulled files" folder, I found here that in v2.0 the apk that is pulled was not my modified apk but the original apk (but looks like it may be fixed in v2.1 but have not updated yet to check) if the apk file that is pulled is not your modified one then just cut and paste the Settings.odex file from the "pulled files" folder to the "mod" folder where your modded Settings.apk is then open your modded apk with 7-zip and delete the classes.dex file and close - that's it you should now have modified Settings.apk & Settings.odex file ready to go.

Repeat the steps with your other modified apk's and that's it.

Hope this helps and is not to confusing, if you need any help with any part just let me know.

Paul.
    DarkHorse Millennium R2.1 Preview

When I Odex I do it from cwm it doesn't work in TWRP as it doesn't support some scripting. Try flashing cwm mate.

I will give that a try in my Odex testing session, Thanks!!

Now, enough off topic discussion ... back on topic ...

As you can tell I am learning about the Odex process. While I cannot make any promises I can let you know I am attempting to Odex.

I have been working on .9patches in the framework. While creating these .9patches I have ended up reworking the check boxes and radio buttons three times now.

DarkHorse Millennium R2.1 preview:

Check Boxes:

Radio Buttons:
    Millennium-R21_radio_buttons_zps754870b3.png

Pop-Up Holo Dark:
    Millennium-R21_popup_holo_dark_zpscf51b5ef.png

Pup-Up Holo Light:
    Millennium-R21_popup_holo_light_zpscf3fbb17.png

If you like what I am doing here please hit the THANKS button! Also as I've stated before any constructive comments good or bad is welcome! I am building this theme 100% so any input is welcome!
    It removes them altogether. I.e. If I odex settings, then there is no Settings.apk or Setting.odex on the tablet.

When I flashed them they still wasn't there. I'm going to try and devote more time to it and do a little more testing but thought I would post in case you knew of something I might have missed.

I also could not do it from recovery though. I did put the bootclasspath in the tool which I know you said you don't.
    I know that odex files has to be built for each device.

When I Odex I do it from cwm it doesn't work in TWRP as it doesn't support some scripting. Try flashing cwm mate.