Moving from one android to another

Search This thread

do1346

Jul 4, 2012
HI, first thanks for the help of people here.

Well, I'm using a feiteng h7100 for about a year and a half and im soon buying a new device (probably thl t100s).
the problem with the my current device is that it has low internal storage so I can't install many apps (1GB only for apps,etc), and I move each app I can to the 16GB sd card inside.

Now, I've gotta move all my private stuff to my new phone, including pictures,videos,whatsapp (and chat history of whatsapp too is important to me), I see that on phone storage (like internal storage, just for pics and the app data) there's nothing, all my data is storaged on sd card, including trash files that are not relevant from me of apps I deleted.

I wanna know how do I backup my pics, videos and music and whatsapp conversations and get rid the rest of the junk files.
I was thinking I could move all my media to the computer and move it to the new phone after, but what about whatsapp conversation history? I know there's a restore option, from what I can see the whatsapp backup files are located in my sd card, can I copy the whatsapp directory to my computer, then put it inside the phone storage of the new phone (since it has 32GB) and then when I install whastapp it will recognize and restore?

thx and sorry for long message hehe

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13
HI, first thanks for the help of people here.

Well, I'm using a feiteng h7100 for about a year and a half and im soon buying a new device (probably thl t100s).
the problem with the my current device is that it has low internal storage so I can't install many apps (1GB only for apps,etc), and I move each app I can to the 16GB sd card inside.

Now, I've gotta move all my private stuff to my new phone, including pictures,videos,whatsapp (and chat history of whatsapp too is important to me), I see that on phone storage (like internal storage, just for pics and the app data) there's nothing, all my data is storaged on sd card, including trash files that are not relevant from me of apps I deleted.

I wanna know how do I backup my pics, videos and music and whatsapp conversations and get rid the rest of the junk files.
I was thinking I could move all my media to the computer and move it to the new phone after, but what about whatsapp conversation history? I know there's a restore option, from what I can see the whatsapp backup files are located in my sd card, can I copy the whatsapp directory to my computer, then put it inside the phone storage of the new phone (since it has 32GB) and then when I install whastapp it will recognize and restore?

thx and sorry for long message hehe

To move your chat history to your new device do the following:

1. On your old device go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations
  2. Transfer your SD card to your new device
  3. Then on your new device open WhatsApp and click Restore

Last edited:

do1346

Jul 4, 2012
To move your chat history to your new device do the following:

1. On your old device go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations
  2. Transfer your SD card to your new device
  3. Then on your new device open WhatsApp and click Restore

thank you, but I don't want all the information on sd card to move to the new phone, I want the whatsapp conversations to be storaged on the internal storage of the phone.