[Q] Activate & Unlock International GSM for Unactivated Sprint Galaxy S5

Search This thread

ignaciogh

Oct 26, 2009
Hello everyone!

Im Argentinian and bought by accident a Sprint Galaxy S5 (no contract) on Amazon instead of buying a factory unlocked version.

The thing is I live in Argentina and it seems I have to activate the phone with Sprint in order to use it.

I´d like to know:
1) what is this activation process? is it really necesary? I ovbiously cant do it from Argentina.
2) i need to use the phone with an argentinian carrier, gsm. is there any process to allow it? Currently the phone says "Invalid SIM Card".

Thanks in advance!

2nIce

Jan 27, 2011
Question

Hello everyone!

Im Argentinian and bought by accident a Sprint Galaxy S5 (no contract) on Amazon instead of buying a factory unlocked version.

The thing is I live in Argentina and it seems I have to activate the phone with Sprint in order to use it.

I´d like to know:
1) what is this activation process? is it really necesary? I ovbiously cant do it from Argentina.
2) i need to use the phone with an argentinian carrier, gsm. is there any process to allow it? Currently the phone says "Invalid SIM Card".

Thanks in advance!

Hello there
I have got a question for you, I am myself am curious to find out if this phone can be unlocked for use aborad.
My question to you, when you put in your foreign card, do you get a window prompting you to Enter an Unlock Code??
Do let me know

Reactions: abdulhaqmehran

bryanu

Dec 1, 2010
If you paid full non-contract price for it Sprint will give you the unlock code, though not sure if they will make you activate it first :/

That said, if you've not activated it the phone is still considered new. Have you checked if Amazon will allow you to exchange it?

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
If you paid full non-contract price for it Sprint will give you the unlock code, though not sure if they will make you activate it first :/

That said, if you've not activated it the phone is still considered new. Have you checked if Amazon will allow you to exchange it?

If it's like the note 3 ....there is no unlock code you have to have sprint unlock it ....it's even encrypted and have to be done through international dept ....they have learned their lesson from s4 and htc one .... it's not a easy one

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ignaciogh

Oct 26, 2009
Hello there
I have got a question for you, I am myself am curious to find out if this phone can be unlocked for use aborad.
My question to you, when you put in your foreign card, do you get a window prompting you to Enter an Unlock Code??
Do let me know

No, I dont get that promp. It just says "Invalid SIM Card".

ignaciogh

Oct 26, 2009
If it's like the note 3 ....there is no unlock code you have to have sprint unlock it ....it's even encrypted and have to be done through international dept ....they have learned their lesson from s4 and htc one .... it's not a easy one

I asked in this thread. Someone told me to try that.

Are you saying Sprint Note 3 is impossible to unlock?

Im starting to think my only chance is getting the phone to the US (i have family there), activate it with a prepaid SIM card, wait 90 days and them unlock it for international usage.

Do you know if for the international unlock part the phone needs to be in the US?

Thanks!

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
I asked in this thread. Someone told me to try that.

Are you saying Sprint Note 3 is impossible to unlock?

Im starting to think my only chance is getting the phone to the US (i have family there), activate it with a prepaid SIM card, wait 90 days and them unlock it for international usage.

Do you know if for the international unlock part the phone needs to be in the US?

Thanks!

I know it's done over the air ...I was told they have to manually release the imei in their system and then the ota is encrypted and it's stored in nv ram in phone ... so far there is no way to unlock note 3 without sprint doing it

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
call sprint and ask for their world/international department

some give you crap saying you need to own the phone for a certain amount of time, but just ask for a supervisor and they will put in an unlock request code for you

you can also reach the international dept via chat at www.sprint.com/chat

just use a VPN and connect to the USA so they think you are in the states

xxdjhugoxx

Jun 13, 2014

whats the code for the note3?

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
A) There is NO unlock code (dunno why you guys keep calling it a code...)
B) The unlock is done OTA
C) So far, no one has figured it out
D) You can activate the phone abroad using some clever tricks in DFS cdma tool, but this does nothing for GSM/unlock.

Also where did you hear it was stored in nv ram? Not discrediting you, but I've done FULL backups of nv items up to 65535 and restored them to another phone without any success. Unless it's in one of the handful of locked nv items...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
D) You can activate the phone abroad using some clever tricks in DFS cdma tool, but this does nothing for GSM/unlock.

Also where did you hear it was stored in nv ram? Not discrediting you, but I've done FULL backups of nv items up to 65535 and restored them to another phone without any success. Unless it's in one of the handful of locked nv items...

Perhaps you can take a look at this [GUIDE] SUCCESS!!! SIM-Unlock Sprint XT1056 (Sim-CRACK) and see what can be done, if at all possible. Just a thought...

Reactions: ecs87

KTrainESO

Jul 25, 2007
SMG900P sim unlock work around

Hello,

I have managed to unlock my SM900P (Sprint Galaxy S5) to use my Verizon sim. I only have 3G capabilities at the moment, unless someone knows how to activate the 4G or LTE. I will post what I did to get my Verizon sim to work. The phone is rooted and has the MOAR rom installed.

Here are the tools that I used (AND BIG THANKS to all the developers that helped)

BusyBox Free
SuperSu
Shortcut Master

Please be patient with me. I am about to go through my phone and post the settings I made step by step.

Reactions: iDontbreak

mprodani2003

Jan 18, 2013
Udine
Hello,

I have managed to unlock my SM900P (Sprint Galaxy S5) to use my Verizon sim. I only have 3G capabilities at the moment, unless someone knows how to activate the 4G or LTE. I will post what I did to get my Verizon sim to work. The phone is rooted and has the MOAR rom installed.

Here are the tools that I used (AND BIG THANKS to all the developers that helped)

BusyBox Free
SuperSu
Shortcut Master

Please be patient with me. I am about to go through my phone and post the settings I made step by step.

Hi, is your unlock mode only for verizon or other carriers?

Please can you show me how you did it?

Thanks,

Mathias

ToniREBES

Sep 21, 2014
Sprint Galaxy S5

Hello everyone!

I´d like to know:

Thanks in advance!

No puedo ayudarte pero tengo, exactamente, el mismo problema que tu.
Pudiste resolverlo o sigues con ello.
Agradeceria mucho tu respuesta !
Saludos.
TONI REBES
Principado de ANDORRA

jodhaaa

Jul 8, 2014
@aalyatim found a solution for international unlock of the Sprint galaxy S5 (g900p).
He says that this method will work for other Sprint models also. (Mega, Note 3, L720T)
Depend on the bounty amount, he will release the solution...
Here is the SM-G900P bounty thread.
http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=767
So Please post the amounts you like to pledge......

gcirvini

Oct 26, 2014
No puedo ayudarte pero tengo, exactamente, el mismo problema que tu.
Pudiste resolverlo o sigues con ello.
Agradeceria mucho tu respuesta !
Saludos.
TONI REBES
Principado de ANDORRA

Che, Alguna novedad?
Yo estoy en Mza,Argentina y tengo un pisapapeles caro acá en la mano. jaj

Alguno lo pudo liberar?

Getasss

Jul 5, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question

Hello everyone!

I´d like to know:

Thanks in advance!

Hello there
    Do let me know

Perhaps you can take a look at this [GUIDE] SUCCESS!!! SIM-Unlock Sprint XT1056 (Sim-CRACK) and see what can be done, if at all possible. Just a thought...
    SMG900P sim unlock work around

Hello,

BusyBox Free
    SuperSu
    Shortcut Master