Random Switch-Offs

Search This thread

schnidex

Jun 3, 2011
Did you have to supply proof of purchase when you sent it to the service center?

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

They asked me to, and I did. I don't know if I absolutely had to - I'm sure it was to help prove the warranty, but the warranty lasts for two years and the phone has only just been released for a year.. so it couldn't be out of warranty even if I wanted it to be!

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
They asked me to, and I did. I don't know if I absolutely had to - I'm sure it was to help prove the warranty, but the warranty lasts for two years and the phone has only just been released for a year.. so it couldn't be out of warranty even if I wanted it to be!
okay, thank you. I bought my phone on ebay from somebody who just didn't want it last year. I hope that's not an issue.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Warranty is only 1 year my friend.

Most manufacture warranties on consumer electronics are 1 year, including phones.

kekks

Jun 13, 2012
Mumbai
I sent it off to the repair centre - and while it was difficult getting a straight answer from their call centre, their engineers appear to have been fantastic.

The problem seemed to be with the battery. They replaced that, and also seem to have fixed a problem I had with the proximity sensor too.

If your phone is still in warranty and you're experiencing this issue, I would definitely recommend sending it off. I am usually pretty cynical about sending items off for repair, but I was SO impressed with what I've got back. It broke my heart to have my phone turn off unexpectedly and at the smallest action.. but now it works, and I'm in love with my ZL again.

It definitely wasn't a software problem either because I tried two versions of CM and one version of stock before they fixed it as a hardware fault. Send it off for repair!

Did you get your own device or did thry provided you a refub one.

How many days did they take to give ur device.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

schnidex

Jun 3, 2011

I got my own phone back. It took two or three weeks. But mine is a special case because I sent it to a UK repair centre and this phone hasn't been released in the UK. They almost told me to send it back to Germany where I bought it from, but after a little negotiation they offered to try and repair it, and seem to have done a great job.

(ps. in English, those questions come across a little direct and harsh)

Reactions: kekks

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
My phone's from Europe, and I'm pretty sure it's two.

HOLY CRAP YOUR RIGHT!!!

But its not just European phones!

Here is what Sony has on their Sonymobile.com website:

Our warranty
Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, Sony
warrants this Product to be free from defects in design,
material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase
by a consumer. This Limited Warranty will last for a period of
two (2) years as from the original date of purchase of the
Product for your mobile device, and for a period of one (1)
year following the original purchase date of the Product for all
original accessories (such as the battery, charger or handsfree
kit) which may be delivered with your device.

Looks like WE ALL have a 2 year warranty!! WOOOT!!

schnidex

Jun 3, 2011
HOLY CRAP YOUR RIGHT!!!

But its not just European phones!

Here is what Sony has on their Sonymobile.com website:

Our warranty
Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, Sony
warrants this Product to be free from defects in design,
material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase
by a consumer. This Limited Warranty will last for a period of
two (2) years as from the original date of purchase of the
Product for your mobile device, and for a period of one (1)
year following the original purchase date of the Product for all
original accessories (such as the battery, charger or handsfree
kit) which may be delivered with your device.

Looks like WE ALL have a 2 year warranty!! WOOOT!!

:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the advice.. I was going to reinstall stock and relock the bootloader etc. before sending it anywhere.

I'll give the battery calibration a try, although it'll die showing 75% of battery and having been charged for hours. So sad.

Yes go back to stock firmware and kernel relock etc then try again the battery calibration app.

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk
    Here. Is something else weird that happened to me.

I've never seen cwm go multicolored like this before. Only happened the one time. But it seems like all these issues are happening out of nowhere....

arurateh.jpg

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

"Rainbows" is just an annoying 'Easter egg" added to CWM a while back, not a glitch.
    Can you solve you problem? If you do tell us how?

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk

I sent it off to the repair centre - and while it was difficult getting a straight answer from their call centre, their engineers appear to have been fantastic.

The problem seemed to be with the battery. They replaced that, and also seem to have fixed a problem I had with the proximity sensor too.

If your phone is still in warranty and you're experiencing this issue, I would definitely recommend sending it off. I am usually pretty cynical about sending items off for repair, but I was SO impressed with what I've got back. It broke my heart to have my phone turn off unexpectedly and at the smallest action.. but now it works, and I'm in love with my ZL again.

It definitely wasn't a software problem either because I tried two versions of CM and one version of stock before they fixed it as a hardware fault. Send it off for repair!
    I just started getting the same problem as well about a week and a half ago. Was running liquidsmooth, and I changed from dalvik to ART, and when it was booting back up, it shut.off. I tried to turn it on again, and it.shut.off again. I went back to Romaur (stock based rom) and Gustavos 78kernel. And still the same problem. It will just shut off, and I can't boot without being plugged in. And when it boots, it doesn't boot properly. It skips the Sony logo and goes right to the Xperia logo. Also, half.the time I can't get any service on it after it boots. Or sometimes I just lose signal randomly, but it will always show 1 bar. And it I try to make a phone call when it's in this state, the phone call won't go thru, and the app freezes and I cannot.hang up the call. Something crazy is happening. I was hoping that maybe ordering a.replacement.battery would solve the issue, but I'm starting to seriously doubt it.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660706

Remember? :good:

Do not worry, had the EXACT same problems also with services from time to time.
    The symphtoms are alongside the battery and the other wrecked ZL

You more than anyone deserves that post!, were the only one replying to it :crying:

I got my own phone back. It took two or three weeks. But mine is a special case because I sent it to a UK repair centre and this phone hasn't been released in the UK. They almost told me to send it back to Germany where I bought it from, but after a little negotiation they offered to try and repair it, and seem to have done a great job.

(ps. in English, those questions come across a little direct and harsh)